23.4 Known Issues

There are three types of things you can get from packs:

1. Base mercenaries.
    These are the ones without golden (or diamond for legendary frames).
    These are almost always the ones that you pull first from packs, because they are guaranteed to drop (if they’re Rare) or are the first ones chosen if you roll an epic or legendary.
    They do have duplicate protection.
  2. Portraits.
    These are the ones with the golden or diamond borders. They do not prevent you from opening the base mercenary
    These are what you mistakenly think I’m talking about because you don’t seem to understand that base mercs and portraits are actually two different categories.
  3. Coins.

Short version: Base versions and skins are two different types of item from merc packs.

It makes a big difference which one you get.

Edit:
Read the official breakdown of Mercenary packs here which clearly states that base mercenaries and portraits are different categories of item:

A couple relevant quotes from that page:

Opening a Mercenaries Pack in Hearthstone adds 5 items from the following 3 types to your Mercenaries collection:

• Mercenary Card. A Mercenary Card allows you to play a Mercenary in the Mercenaries Mode with its default portrait.
  • Mercenary Portrait. A Mercenary Portrait is a different look for a Mercenary which you can select when playing that Mercenary.
  • Mercenary Coins. Mercenary Coins allow you to craft a Mercenary if you do not own them and upgrade their abilities and equipment. Mercenary Coins are unique per Mercenary –for example, Jaina Coins can only be used with the Jaina Mercenary.

Occasionally, you may obtain a Mercenary Portrait prior to obtaining its Mercenary Card. When that happens, you will be able to play that Mercenary with the Mercenary Portrait, and you could get the Mercenary Card from packs.

Hello, I accomplished the Y’shaarj event task but i didn’t get the mercenary in my collection. Can someone help me please ?

1 Like

Is there a special way that you have to equip your equipment on your mercenaries for them to work? I did it while out of a bounty and some work and some don’t. The attack bonus for bananas on King Mukka isn’t working, but the health bonus appears that it is. More as I find it.

You have to either equip the item before you add that mercenary to your party, or if it’s already in your party, equip it while you have the party open in the builder.

Serious problems:
Screen occasionally goes unresponsive, only the cogwheel button works.
Cannot upgrade mercenary abilities/equipments. If it does not upgrade, game freezes (other than the cogwheel) throws me back to the main menu with a generic error message. Having to restart the client to be able to enter mercenaries mode again.
Captain Hooktusk’s tasks are bugged. (still doable, takes a bit more time)

Happens on both mobile and laptop. Reinstalled them, every driver is up to date if a fellow indian would be interested in this detail, problems still persist. It’s been a month since the first 2 problems started to occur and no fix has been dropped yet to address them.

Maybe by the end of the year? Millennia?

1 Like

can we please address the issue of unlocking hero powers in duels. I have been trying to unlock them for a while now but progress doesnt track. Ive tried unlocking them through ulduum and it still doesnt unlock.

4 Likes

Hey, a bug in Mercenaries, the “V chain healing” faculty of the character “Tauren” does nothing… how could I share a video I have recorded of the bug?

2 Likes

Would be great to get a feedback from the support. At the moment it seems that nobody cares about this significant problem…

4 Likes

Morgl Task 12: Sparged with Blood does not progress for me. Tried to kill 2 enemies, then 2 enemies with only 2 shots of the Fishy Barrage, then without using other mercs, other mercs abilities … all of it does not progress the bar/gets count. Any suggestions? :’(

3 Likes

Same for me. Killing two or more enemies in one turn with Morgl’s second ability doesn’t give any progress on the task

Ragnaros task 12 not progressing. Another day, another bug.

3 Likes

Ragnaros/Diablo task 12 not working. Both of them are the “use ability to rekt 2 enemies in 1 turn” types.

3 Likes

Vanessa task 14 also not progressing :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Also Tyrande task 12 does not progressing

2 Likes

Tyrande task 17 does not progress either

2 Likes

For all annoying tasks like that, get Cookie to help. Clear all the real enemies and make enemy side full of fishes, then kill those to complete the tasks.

1 Like

Been there, done that. Thank you captain obvious. Tasks for older cards are obviously not working right now, only for the new ones.

Hello,
I’ve been having an issue with Prophet Velen’s equipment where it constantly shows the fully upgraded “Tome of Inspiration” as ‘new’. I’ve tried replacing the equipment out, viewing the equipment as if you upgrade it but either has fixed the issue. It also displays the ‘new’ notification within the Tavern also, making it frustrating to know if I actually got something new or not.

1 Like

I had that issue awhile ago, what fixed it for me was putting Velen in a party and then in the party mousing over the item.

Hi,

I have issue where Y’Shaarj event task stopped at task #4 N’Zoth with N’Zoth. It seems there are more tasks, but it is not showing up in the campfire.