23.4 Known Issues

I cannot update the game on my iPad (air 2). When I try it about 1/3 the way through it stops updating and goes back to the click update option.

Hi there. I got a Battlegrounds bug today! I was playing as Aranna and was able to upgrade to “See 7 things in shop” on turn 2, after buying a unit on turn 1. I think this had something to do with me spamming the refresh button on 2, I noticed when I ran out of gold and looked at the tooltip it said 1 remaining; So I went ahead and sold the spare cat, refreshed, and evolved. I have a screenshot of this (me evolved on turn 2 with an alleycat on board) if needed.

Working as intended, apparently. Although not mentioned anywhere I could find, the pre-fight tips have replaced the ‘this is random’ one with 'you always go before pve opponent of same speed."

Elise’s Golden Monkey’s spell damage passive is not scaling with scalable bleeds, like “Cookie’s Cooking”, despite the tooltip reflecting the added damage.

Is Task 2 of the Mercenaries event supposed to reward Y’Shaarj? I’m on Task 4 now and haven’t received him yet…

No the Y’shaarj even isn’t available yet, it starts at 7th I think.

1 Like

Ah, my bad, thank you!

Couple more bugs in mercenaries I found today.

Brann Bronzebeards abilities do not seem to be giving any resistances whatsoever.

Elises task 10 has a typo in the name, Advenure which should be Adventure.

2 Likes

any know if the old god quest is fix … is stupid i ran the last quest on darkshore 3 times already … not one of my favorate areas

Plus, sometimes when you edit your team/upgrade abilities the game freezes for a minute or so and then throws you back to the main menu.

They worked fine when I did them yesterday.

Just found a new “bug” to add to the list of never ending problems caused by the lack of testing new features. The treasure “Secret of the Naga” only apply to Naga minions, it doesn’t apply to mercs.

Edit: Wait, now I’m confused. I got it on Karathress and with him and Athissa on the board it was only working for Athissa’s summoned Naga, not for the 2 mercs. Now I put Karathress and Vashj on the board and it’s working only on Vashj. Did your intern code it to only work on Fighters or not to work on protectors? Or is it because it’s coded to only work on the right most minion? Anyway, I’m not gonna test it further since it’s your job, despite you thinking it’s not. Just check whatever the intern working on this one coded an fix it.

How it’s currently working is it’s only applying to the most recently entered play minion on your board (even if they are not naga). Which is either the last merc you put on the board, or your newest summon.

I’m not sure why no one else has mentioned it, but I’ve experienced an increasingly-severe bug where visual effects in the game (on PC) sometimes repeat multiple times. Sometimes MANY times. It seems to be getting worse - I’ll eliminate someone in Battlegrounds, they’ll explode, then they’ll explode again, then I’ll go back to the tavern and the Bartender will twice for good measure. In a standard game I just played, the visual effect for Seafloor Gateway triggered eight times. It’s extremely confusing, and it’s happening more often and more severely over the past several weeks. Is this somehow just me?

1 Like

Any update on the login problems? Playful sprites has been replaced by a connecrions error.

1 Like

I’m not sure why it’s not listed either, it seems like all of the Savior’s class cards aren’t unlocking, through playing matches with the heroes, or unlocking them in the single player adventure. Perhaps they are having issues with the dual recognition?

I know I have Reno’s 3rd treasure unlocked at least in the Tomb of Terrors, same with all his hero powers, and I have at least played him once in Duels, but no progress is made whatsoever for any of them.

4 Likes

Sorry to reply to myself, but this update error worries me. The last time this happened was a few years back when the app stopped being compatible with the iPad Air and after a year or two I upgraded to an Air 2. A 128 go tablet of a recent model is expensive. I do not want to spend several hundred (or more) dollars to play a free to play game.

There isn’t a duplicate protection in Mercenaries. Not sure what you are talking about. :slight_smile:
The only protection is that you can’t obtain the same skin twice.
You can still get a golden portrait, as well as others get the base one… this is just a random skin that also unlocks your mercenary at the same time.

Yes, there is. You can’t receive the same Mercenary twice from packs.

But that only works if you have the base mercenary. If you only have a skin, that merc doesn’t count as owned, so you can still pull it from a pack, even if you are missing other mercs of that rarity level.

Read again my post, I am not going to do a discussion on this here.
Basic one and other skins are just skins, with each you unlock the mercenary, you can “win” the rest in packs, it doesn’t matter which way around, there isn’t any protection besides opening the same skin twice, as I already wrote. Sadly, but the reality…