22.2 Patch Notes

2pm PST now… still no patch update for me and the Leaderboards have all been reset on playhearthstone.com

So why haven’t my MMRs in game been reset?? I’ve played 3 or 4 BG games in the past 3 hours coming back here in between games to see if maybe logging out and back in would get the update but nothing still :frowning:

Now 4pm PST and still nothing… more video’s popping up on Youtube with people in comments saying they’ve been playing the new patch for 5+ hours :frowning:

Thanks Blizzard :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Guess I’m uninstalling Hearthstone again until mages have a deck that isn’t 2nd last in the game or an average win rate of 58% at Diamond 5+.

Good job Blizzard. Math is hard!

1 Like

Yes i will do the same until they put back that stupid change

Good job blizz

Nerf Bru’kan bruh! As fast as possible. Best would be yesterday.

Hm, in EU no patch yet, playing an unpatched weapon rogue now, quite depressing.

How do you do that? Mobile? Because the EU patch went online 7 p.m.

usually no.
Even when they buffed cards while nerfing them at the same time (like, cost 1 mana less but now has less stats) they never offered a refund

have you seen a quest odd hunter after the patch? was it successful?

1 Like

Hello!
I am writing to you on behalf of the Alliance Commander-in-Chief group. With the new big patch, us promised to give everyone a diamond Vandar card. Which we, the honored veterans of the Alterac war, have been looking forward to since January 11 But, unfortunately, we did not wait for her. Meanwhile, all of us bravely and actively fought during this war, earning the highest military ranks before the designated time of its end. We were expecting the promised reward to mark this event with a cheerful celebration. But we haven’t received anything yet. Although two weeks have already passed since the end of the war. And now it is unknown when we will receive our reward, Is it possible to torment famous veterans in the unknown?
Give us our reward as soon as possible!

7 Likes

Finally at 26 17:00 EU … Got the patch notes :smiley:

One day delay but fine :smiley:

You brukan is broken. OP.

When I see him in BG I know already who is going to win.

How could they not see this in play testing?

I played one game of battlegrounds and they won. Easily. It took me one game to see it was overpowered.

If I have the cards that have been nerfed, do I not get the card refund in dust? I know that the card is worth the full value when destroying, in the past we used to earn the full value in dust, now it’s not like that anymore? Sorry for the lack of information, but I recently returned to Hearthstone.

How do I remove a character from The Training Grounds? Not replace. Remove.

Double click on the button below the portrait. For PC not sure of the mobile equivalent.

Edit correction:
It is just a single click. Once applies any gained experience.
Then a second click during the Preparing phase gives the option to remove it.

Actually APM and Mozaki tend to struggle when even you just put on 10 armour up and there are so many disrupt tools that can break combos. Even ignite mage while having the ability to go infinite, really struggles to finish within the turn timer if you build enough armour.

There might be some 1% high roll that ends on turn 4 for some of these decks, but I actually hit turn 4 kills most with aggro, it’s like ten times more probable to finish on turn 4 with aggro and that’s what makes say for instance a hyper aggro to have the favourable win percentage into something like ignite mage.

1 Like

this is true, but since the combo goes online berfore turn 10, it’s still pretty easy to reliably OTK anyone.

Same as above.
An early dirty rat to ruin the combo could led to 2 results:

1. they don’t have the combo piece in hand
  2. you can’t remove the minion and you die even earlier

It wasn’t a reliable counter, because you would lose too fast to possibly try to disrupt the combo (never after turn 10 in my experience, the fastest was turn 5, the slowest was turn 8.)
If they go after turn 8 without iceblock, they probably die, literally a “draw the combo before the opponent finishes you”; the best counter was actually winning before playing dirty rat in my experience

but aggro is countered by healings and taunt and minions.
I died to APM mage on turn 5 with 10 health on board and rat trap as a secret; another time I died when I had 2 flesh giants on board.
The deck could do so much damage thanks to 0 mana spells, that I am actually concerned with the decision of leaving the effect of sorcerer apprentice as it is (I bet in the future it will be problematic once again)

1 Like

Anyone else not able to get Grommash Tasks anymore since this Patch? Keeps offering me Tasks for Mercenaries that aren’t even in my team even though he’s not maxed.

Edit: Something is definitly off. Same thing is happening with Edwin and Rogers. Seems like the closer you get to maxed Tasks suddenly disappear.

Numerically it’s basically impossible for the sorcerers apprentice to become a problem until something similar effect to ignite comes out with a base mana cost of 1 or unless something far better but similar to Thaurisian is printed, with how prominent the power creep is then that is not impossible for that to happen. It really needed to be just nerfed to 3 mana for it to still have useability or even really it could have stayed the same mana and ignite could have gone to 3, both solutions would have been very fair given other prominent decks are also being weakened.

I really expect to just see a lot of warlock complaints now because it is the most accessible budget class and like probably 5 of the strongest 8 or so decks are all warlock, then I expect them to kill warlock just the same. Then 50% of the player base will be angry because they were playing and crafting warlock, it’s just a cycle. Or I could be wrong but my mind rationalizes moving from mage to warlock, I got into mage because of budget decks, warlock offers the same with cutelock and discolock. Then warlock has the best mid-range decks in evenlock and darkglare and it also has a disgusting amount of control/value/healing that makes it also have some of the strongest slow/late-game decks.

This patch nerfed a deck where one actually had to use a couple of brain cells to play it properly. Interestingly, zombie-could-play-it deck represented by current paladin meta was not touched at all. Fortunately, pirate quest nerf was a good move.

I think flamewaker is way more problematic than ignite.
As long as it exists, apprentice at 2 mana was too good