21.2 Known Issues

(Edited) We are deploying a server-side hotfix tonight to fix a rare bug that was blocking interactions with the middle of the screen. This hotfix will also resolve issues with the ‘Gift of Elune’ Mystery.

Tomorrow, we plan to deploy another hotfix to:

• Add Deathwing back into the Battlegrounds Hero pool.
  • Add Leapfrogger back into the Battlegrounds minion pool.
  • Fix a visual bug that caused enemies to show the wrong tavern tier in Battlegrounds.
  • Fix a bug that treated Razorgore, the Untamed’s effect as a separate buff for each Dragon you controlled, instead of one combined buff at the end of each turn.

We will continue to monitor the issues to determine if any further steps are needed, and will update this post with any additional info.

9/1 UPDATE: Due to an unforeseen issue, Deathwing will not be reenabled tomorrow. Deathwing will return to Battlegrounds in our next patch.

9/2 UPDATE: The issue with adding Deathwing back to the hero pool has been resolved. Deathwing will be returning to the hero pool via hotfix today, as previously planned.

9/2 UPDATE #2: The hotfixes mentioned above went live as planned, but the issue preventing players from interacting with parts of the board was not completely resolved. We are continuing to investigate how to completely resolve the issue. Additionally, we have temporarily removed C’Thun from the Battlegrounds hero pool while we address an unintended interaction with C’Thun’s hero power. Finally, we are investigating an issue that is causing the August leaderboards to display rankings from September, instead of the accurate final rankings from August. We will continue to update as we have more information.

9/3 UPDATE: Our fix for Leapfrogger didn’t correct the issue entirely, so we’ve disabled the minion again until we’re able to reach a resolution. We’ll update here with more info on this later today.

9/3 UPDATE #2: We’ve fixed the core issue between C’Thun and Whelp Smuggler. C’Thun will be reenabled soon via server-side hotfix. For Whelp Smuggler, there is a small chance it won’t give a buff if multiple end-of-turn buffs from different sources trigger at the same time, but Whelp Smuggler will no longer grant extra buffs. We’re working on a more complete fix for Whelp Smuggler, which will likely go out in our next patch.

9/3 UPDATE #3: The issue with Leapfrogger has been fixed. Leapfrogger is planning to hop back into the Battlegrounds minion pool via hotfix this evening.

9/8 UPDATE: In Patch 21.2, we introduced a new system that made it so that new Battlegrounds Heroes would be guaranteed to be offered each game during their early access period (as long as anybody in that lobby had Battlegrounds Perks). The system was supposed to randomly split the offerings between all people in the lobby with early access, but we’re now aware of a bug that is making those offerings not random. We’re disabling the new system and going back to the old early access system for the rest of this early access period (ending September 14). We expect that the new system will be fixed and ready to use again in time for the next new Battlegrounds Hero/Heroes.

9/8 UPDATE #2: We’re working on an issue where chat settings are not being saved in the Hearthstone client. We’re expecting a fix for this to be included in our next patch.

9/9 UPDATE: We’re planning to deploy a server-side hotfix later today to address a bugged interaction between C’Thun and Maxima Blastenheimer. You will not need to download anything to receive this update.

5 Likes

The smuggler issue goes further then just razorgore. If ctun gets the dragon cards on t2 and t3 he is also sort of unbeatable.

7 Likes

Oh snap a blue post, nice.

Actually think i’ve run into that issue once in a while so that’s cool.

The issue with Whelp Smuggler isn’t exclusive to Razorgore, as it extends to any effect that provides multiple +X/+X buffs at once. C’thun is the most famous example, but I also hear reports with Kalecgos. The issue is that the +2 health effect that Smuggler applies seems to apply to ALL attack buffs that a minion has received ever, rather than just the attack buffs it receives in the current turn. That’s how people were consistently able to get dragons with over 1,000 HP with C’thun.

I would strongly recommend disabling Whelp Smuggler until this issue is fixed. I also hear a similar issue exists with Master of Realities.

7 Likes

Is the chat enabled thing a known issue because it is frustrating as heck.

Second issue to the smuggler it didn’t seem to working with the taunt whelps and arm of the empire

3 Likes

Hi, Whelp Smuggler is bugged beyond its interaction with Razorgore. It sometimes gives a dragon buffs in a single turn equal to the buffs it gave on all previous turns. Same with Master of Realities. Would appreciate if you could let someone on the team know!

1 Like

It’s specifically DOUBLE Kalecgos that causes the same problem - every battlecry causes two separate +1/1 buffs.

2 Likes

After this fixed, I can not play the game on android. Before could.
AQUOS sense 3

Well hello there,

i can only add my two cents to the whelp issue. People are abusing it on purpose now everyone knows the bug is there and this actually makes the game very unfair. Worse ! some players consider a genuine strategy as to stall on T2 untill the whelp smuggler is found. ( with C’thun in lead )
the thing is that even after 2/3 turns behind, they catch up with 120/340282308 dragons.

now my own strategy is to refuse to play a dragon-lobby-based game. i don’t care about my ranking, it’s simply not high enough, i just want to have fun, this is not fun ! makes the games unbalanced and when this patch should have been a chance to try new thigns and test new strategyes, it became a whelp smuggler camping galore…

12th game in a row i conceded now… what’s the chances to have dragons in each game ?

sigh…

gg

3 Likes

Tavern regular bug for miscounting battle pass levels is up since previous expansion…hundreds of posts regarding this issue have been made yet no response…it is clearly unacceptable for a company like this not to be able to solve this issue… your IT needs revaluation

Anyone else have DC issues on Windows?

did they really bugfix razorgore and not the girl?

She triggers an additional time at end of buy phase, with a cumulative buff for how much HP she has seen increase (or something similar).

Units are getting +50 hp at end of turn, every turn with this unit in play.

2 Likes

Have have you guys not noticed that SMUGGLER IS BUGGED? Seriously? A single cthun buff on a dragon can cause it to get multiple buffs from smuggler. There seems to be an issue of holdover from previous buffs as the issue seems more prominent the longer you have been buffing the dragon.

2 Likes

what about smuggler cthun?

2 Likes

2nd this. Blizz really needs to address C’Thun with Whelp Smuggler and the 1/3 self buffing dragon.

That combination is more powerful and oppressive than other heroes abusing Whelp Smuggler with Razorgores.

1 Like

What about Maestra of the Masquerade? its having a bug aswell !! Video for reference: : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2c6p8oXMRo

1 Like

Hello,

did you fix the issue with incorrect showing of tavern tiers? Because I can still see people on tier 1 after first player die. Thank you :).

did I read this wrong, no leapfrogger hotfix? I was pumped for this BG update and soley because I wanted to try this out.

Hey, XP gain after each match was removed in this patch, is that correct? I appreciated this transparancy, but apparently it was temporary.

It’s literally taken me 20 minutes to find out that Leap Frogger has been removed again.

Can you please develop a way to let people know in game before they start. I just had a really good build and spent a shed load of gold looking for leapfrogged.

Communication is garbage, shouldn’t have to trawl through forums looking for answers :unamused:

1 Like