20.8.2 Patch Notes

I haven’t been playing for a month. Did Priest and Druid suddenly become Tier 1? Because they just killed Gibberling and demolished Priest.

12 Likes

im happy with the nerfs im sick of token druid deaths by turn 5 and mass dmg an burst from priest this will slow them down but trust me theres always someone who will show u how to work around it ALWAYS

3 Likes

Token/Gibberling Druid has been the deck to beat for more than a week.

According to VS, it only drops from the top spot below Diamond 4.

3 Likes

This is actually fair, I’m playing on Priest and I can’t imagine how it’s disappointing for opponent when you healing from 1 to 29 plus removing almost all his minions.
But Apotheosis now is weak a bit. Could leave it with +1/+3.
It seems to me, that problem here is with Samuro.
But anyway, it’s just my humble opinion.

4 Likes

Good. Screw all of those cards.

1 Like

They should have buffed other “archetypes” for nerfed classes - not just priest, but for example Druid - they create this taunt archetype and than ignore it completely in miniexpansion and they ignore it with buffs as well, just leaving it rot there and ignoring it until it rotates away.

This is the most annoying about HS - they create archetype and leave it all together. And we see it expansion after expansion.

Newest one is HP mage - gets several cards, but in miniexpansion is ignored and I think will get ignored again in the next one. Instead is focus there on freeze mage. Other is this taunt Druid, which received most of the cards for the taunt archetype and in miniexpansion it is ignored completely.

They just keep bringing “new” archetypes and ignoring old ones. For example Shaman:
Outland: Evolve+board clear.
Scholomancer: Totem+spellburst I guess…?
Darkmoon - weapon/Face + legendary totem
Barrens - Elemental+murloc+spell damage…?

Between 4 expansions, which are active, they bring 5-6 different archetypes, which dont synergize at all and it feels like they are throwing random cards on us hoping something will stick.

IT just feels like there is no plan, there are no directions and every expansion is built by new team, which tries to create their own legacy ignoring what was built before. Every single expansion.

3 Likes

lets face it nerfing gibberling isnt a nerf to token i dont even bother using them lol

1 Like

These changes address some of the problems in standard at the moment, but I think they miss the point.

The problem with apotheosis isn’t apotheosis per se, the real problem is that priest is allowed to play Samuro along with it. I realise that it’s impossible to nerf a neutral card in a way that is specific to priest but I feel like a more creative solution to that specific problem would have been to disallow apotheosis being played on a legendary minion. Another possible creative solution would have been to put a similar restriction to the one on blessing of authority and restrict the target’s attacking targets the same turn the buff is cast.

Renew and discover cards… I think in some ways this misses the point. Priest is annoying as all hell to play against, and I hate playing against priest opponents more than any other class… but the deck’s winrate is not oppressive. The issue with priest isn’t so much that it needs nerfing as that it needs a change to the cards available to it so that the playstyle is not so frustrating to play against.

IMO the thing that make priest the most frustrating to play against right now is the card generation, not the ability to heal to full. Palm reading, renew, scorpid, draconic studies are all cheap discover effects and all are in pretty much every priest build regardless of what the deck’s endgame is. Add on top of that the fact that scorpid can be revived with raise dead, and that scorpid can itself discover further copies of ‘discover’ cards… there’s no effort involved in priest control generating a resource advantage.

Getting renew off Wandmaker is no longer oppressive if renew doesn’t discover a card but instead draws a spell from the players’ deck, or draws a card, or similar. Getting a card from the deck limits the infinite resource generation aspect. Also, quite aside from that, wandmaker isn’t even in some priest builds - the 2-drop of choice in those decks is Sethekk veilweaver, which at 2 attack / 3 health is a well-statted 2 drop that has the potential to generate additional resources. Weakening the stat line on Veilweaver, or increasing its mana cost, would give its resource generation a more genuine cost that would reduce the frustration level it can create.

I think these nerfs also miss the elephant in the room, which is that elemental shaman is right now the most played class, with a high winrate. I don’t think these nerfs are going to affect that situation materially, and if anything, will probably worsen the meta tyrant aspect to shaman’s dominance right now.

4 Likes

for example Druid - they create this taunt archetype and than ignore it completely

Maybe one day they will print some cards to support that Freeze shaman deck I’ve been waiting to fill out…

2 Likes

Like I expected, they nerfed the two cards they would, but they went waaay over their heads with the apotheosis nerf. 3 mana +1/+2? Are you guys really that slow? You effectively killed the card and possibly the class with this nerf until the next expansion. Pride’s fury buffs your entire effin board for 1 extra mana, lol. If you wanted to lower the card effectivity by that much, you should’ve made it cost 2 mana at the very minimum. Apotheosis was basically the card keeping the class afloat.

You folks are clueless. I’d fire all of you in a heartbeat if I had any control over the direction of this game.

7 Likes

They could focus more on buffing obsolete card instead replacing them with new ones.

Moorabi - freeze shaman that i never played.

1 Like

Why is tier 3 deck being nerfed but the op DH and Sharmen are being left alone?! This is bs! You guys should be ashamed of your selfs.

8 Likes

they need to watch what classes are bein played if 75% of people play 1 class only theres a problem u know

3 Likes

i love shamans but thats dwindling because all im seein is mage an shaman opponents today 8/10 to be exact were shaman and mage

1 Like

I literally dusted my whole collection to craft a complete priest collection, and now Blizzard basically disabled it.

Yes, it was an annoying class, and i wish i would have focused on another class, but that doesnt give Blizzard the right, to remove its capabilities to compete in this toxic, out-of-control meta, into which Hearthstone has developed.

Priest just turned into a weak, unfun to play class, that is helpless against the overpowered tier1 decks, THAT should have been adressed…

Which means, that i have to stop playing Hearthstone.
Theres no way that i will buy myself into the new expansion, hoping that it will make my collection competitive again, and just lose one game after another until then…

You really slapped a part of your community in the face, Blizzard, and not only wont i forget that, but do consider every money, that i spent on HS, a mistake, that i will never repeat…

7 Likes

Delete damage to the face
Delete card draw

Blizzard: We don’t want priests to be able to draw, we want them to generate cards instead.

Also Blizzard: We don’t want priests to generate cards.

We don’t have win condition.

Dep priest. I’m done with this game.

9 Likes

if yer gonna quit the game because priest got a nerf? really how long have you been playing this game? everytime theres a nerf people complain BUT GET OVER IT chill yoself out and wait for expac before making too many snap judgements and jus because they got nerfed doesnt make them unplayable it just means u have to be more creative

3 Likes

Since the beta. I have absolutely all the cards of all sets. But I’m mad with this stupids nerfs that kill the class.
In a few days: All people raging for the aggro meta.
I’m tired, it’s at all.

6 Likes

im just fed up with the stream of mage players and shamans its all i ever play the last few days

Nice one, Blizzard.

Thanks for nerfing both classes who could hold cancer Shaman in check. Priest is now completely unplayable in the current meta.

Morons.

3 Likes