20.4.2 Patch Notes

Yes I get that, but i paid money specifically for the cards that were offer, now one(2) of those cards are utterly useless and 200 dust is basicly nothing I have been playing since beta and have more than likely spent atleast $1000 at this point(this is not bragging this is utter regret on my part). my point I would have been fine if they gave the dust and you got to keep the card like the hall of fame cope out they pulled way back when, I got to keep my raggy(golden btw) and was given the dust aswell because they Limited the cards use. Same with all the hall of fame cards. But this time they just nerfed it but not the card just where you can use it and I only play wild because standard is soo boring

2 Likes

I agree with this sentiment.

Being immune should not bypass life cost. That’s the real crux of the issue here.

Rework life cost to always remove life, and if a player doesn’t have enough life they can’t cast the spell or play the minion.

Give life cost the same mechanics as mana cost and this fixes all of the issues.

However, I do agree that banning the card is the easier and faster fix. I don’t know how involved it is to change the back end code to incorporate this new feature, but I hope by the time the card rotates to wild, it is resolved.

I think using bans as a quick fix for cards in wild that are still standard legal is an appropriate tool to use in the situations where nerfing the card would apply a needless change to standard.

I think it should go both ways though, rather than nerfing cards in standard which have no issues in wild, I’d rather see them banned as well.

I am thinking of cards like Dr boom which was nerfed to 9 mana due to issues with the card in standard, only for it to be reverted back in wild.

The card no longer saw competitive play after the 9 mana cost nerf, I’d rather it be banned so people in wild can still use it.

But I also understand that blizz puts prio on standard so maybe it’s an unrealistic expectation for wild to get equal treatment.

I do agree, rather than see a classic mode, I’d rather see a ‘modern/historic’ format of hearthstone similar to what is done in mtg where there is a competitive banlist which rotated every year or so based on data mining and targeting player enjoyment and engagement.

Make cards cost 0, make cards cost health, NEXT UP make cards cost your CC.

I don’t get it. Why wait for the card to rotate in Wild after Standard ends and THEN get it nerfed, when you can do it right now, just like you did with Hysteria? Banning isn’t an option. If you can’t nerf that card, nerf the ones that make synergies with this one (e.g. Immune cards).

1 Like

“Bans will be reserved for cards creating extreme gameplay issues where there is no great solution for all formats”

So you will FINALLY ban Convincing Infiltrator, yes?

No, because apparently, winning on turn 6 with mechatun was an issue, but stalling for 50 turns isn’t :joy: (or OTK with quest mage on turn 6 :crazy_face: )

1 Like

Me gustarĂ­a que recuperen otra carta para brujo y buffeen las cartas injugables, siempre uno o dos arquetipos por clase, brujo control es el enfrentamiento mĂĄs aburrido que hay para mĂ­, prefiero sace que por lo menos devela y juega al azar.

I disagree, Banning the card out right was the worst way to go about it, now if it was a temp ban while it got reworked or they refunded the dust and let you keep the card that would have been fine too, cough Hall of fame logic herp derp.

2 Likes

I agree with Cap, Warlock needs something to replace the banned card.

1 Like

I just have one question. I just played a wild ranked and still met him!!! what’s wrong with that? Have you really banned him or is that a bug? Comon I cant even believe that!

ever going to fix the DC issue making it unplayable?

What puzzles me is, they “borrow” ideas from magic the gathering all the time, but they couldn’t in this case? “Life paid” cannot be prevented as damage. Problem solved.

2 Likes

They still havent changed the tool tip - wild is just that. Every card in your collection can be used! They should ban that tool tip too.

Btw, if you want to complete your achievements for XP and also want to dust stealer of souls, do remember to go clear the achievement before end of June so that you can get the full dust.

The stealer of souls is needed to clear the achievement to spend 100 health on warlock cards (unless in wild).

1 Like

Quoting as a useful public announcement for people, who might otherwise miss it.
Thank you for your service (in a non ironic way, should be obvious, but we are on the forums, so…)

2 Likes

wow I hope someone from HS reads this thread its full of good ideas and no trolls maybe rather than ban a card they come up with 3 solutions and let the HS players vote on it? if its voted in no one can cry right?

1 Like

They left the “you can earn 10 gold for every 3 wins in any mod” for a long time too; maybe it is still in the game, I’m not sure

1 Like

haha wow. that’s so old and they have not changed it! I cant imagine tool tips will be hard to change.