2021 Jan Communication Box (not for discussion)

I creating a centralized thread for any communication type of info, e.g. tweets, short replies on other platforms, etc.

It’s for the benefit for those interested, and also like a central tracking of such info.

Do create a separate thread if anyone is interested in discussing on any of the topics, so that this thread can remain clutter free.

2 Likes
1 Like

Hey guys! Do you wanna discuss something here?

1 Like

Wait, so we are not allowed to have a discussion on a thread that’s in a Discussion forum?

SO this communication box that you’re trying to implement on a DISCUSSON forum, is it providing any new information that isn’t already communicated via Blizzards Hearthstone website, Hearthstone Twitter?

I’m not sure you’re going to be very successful at doing this. And here’s why I feel that it may not turn out as you hope it would.

1. Can’t really tell people on a discussion forum, not to have a discussion in a thread that on is on a forum site designed for players to engage in conversations.

2. All of the information that you have posted is availed via Hearthstones Official website, or other official sites where hearthstone players are able to look up and get if they so choose.

3. This thread, in a couple of days, will be buried beneath a ton of new discussion threads that will be created.

1 Like

the idea was to have a thread where you can find all updates etc that the devs have posted on twitter without having to scroll through 100+ comments from people that doesnt agree with something a dev said.

4 Likes

I understand what he is trying to do, however, this isn’t the site to be doing it on.

I mean you can go to the twitter feed and see various posts about a number of communication posts without reading any of the responses by other users.

Crazy as it sounds, some of us LIKE the idea of finding blizzard information on the official BLIZZARD forums- naive though it may be.

Not all of us care for these doggon confusing tweety bird feeders and the like. shakes cane

4 Likes

this should be pinned in the forums:
How have fan communities like Reddit, HearthPwn, OutofCards, CustomHearthstone, etc affected the game design process?
“Feedback from such a fixed audience can be dangerous, though. Easy to trick yourself into believing that is everyone”

1 Like

And that’s totally fair to fair if you want to find your info out on the forums. There’s nothing wrong with that. My point is… creating a thread in a discussion forum and telling others that you can’t post on that thread is not being realistic.

Oh my look at you being all Abusive

At this point you are just trolling a d I will ignore you from now on…

To avoid any further misunderstanding and further cluttering to this thread, let me add some explanation.

I am not a CM/Mod and have no privileges to demand anything from anyone. My intention is stated at OP that is mainly for tracking of communication elsewhere into this forum, where others may not have known otherwise.
I am still subjected to any CM/Mod assessment for my thread for any violations.

However, as seen from above. One will find it hard to navigate information, as such my request to direct any discussion in another thread.

I do not seek any benefits nor will receive any in due, but just as a form of contribution to the forum within my style/means.

As such, feel free to exercise your own posting rights without judgement. I will still continue my best to contribute within my style/mean.

Good Luck Have Fun, Be Nice to each other.

8 Likes

I was thinking about what you are trying to do and I understand it. I do appreciate what you are trying to do. And I was thinking about what might be a better option.

I can completely under how people would like to come to one play as a one stop shop for discussion and news related to Hearthstone.

I feel that it would be easier for people to get info for whatever news you are adding to the forum as individual threads.

Here is why I feel it might be better than doing it all in one thread,

#1, people can quickly sift through the posts via the title of the news to click on the one in which they are looking for. People generally don’t like to dig through a given thread to see if there is something that might be of interest to them. (This I know from my experience with working with web analytics.)

#2 Discussion would be minimized for that particular thread because it wouldn’t encompass multiple news posts in one thread that might get people to respond to which piece of news is of interest to them.

#3 the posts with most relevance and interaction will remain more visible for all forum members. Instead of disappearing into the abyss.

At the end of the day, it will ultimately be up to you how you decide to do it.

Thanks for your input.

But do note that I am not benefiting in anyway from this and any additional work can be taxing. Communication within the forum is a job for the CM/Mod/Dev, and they have the resource to do so if they choose.

I have a tendency to manage my created threads, and there had been too many cases of derailed discussion, thus my reluctance for discussion for certain threads.

As observed, the shortcoming of the forum is not my responsibility, and I do not wish to uptake any.

If there are other posters whom wishes to take a further step, I believe there will be people whom will appreciate it.

We know that you are not a CM/Mod/Dev, that is a already a given, for it you were, your text would be blue and your position would be included in your forum subtitle.

It’s interesting how you are also making it a point to mention your sacrifice. To say that you don’t benefit from your post isn’t entirely true, while you may not receive monetary compensation, the benefit you get is by sharing information and your viewpoint and engaging with others. You may not see that as a benefit, but it is.

The shortcomings of this forum is not your responsibility. Again, another point that is already understood by everyone that uses this forum.

But I’m just saying that the time that it takes to create a new post is just as easy as it would be to create individual posts.

There is no sacrifice. Don’t portray me as some saint that is gonna rescue the world. I am just a poster like anyone one here.
As stated it is for the purpose of tracking.
There is no benefit except for easy referencing to information when needed.

Since you seems to have a passion for something, I would highly encourage you to pursue it. I am comfy where I am atm.
If it causes any distress to anyone, I would certainly stop, if I was made aware of.

He’s trolling, just ignore him

4 Likes