20.0.2 Patch Notes

Nice changes but missing refreshing waters and Ticktatus for nerfs.

6 Likes

I guess people who saw the nerfs and think that these are balanced nerfs in majority are playing as Mage. The class has proved that even without lunacy has high win ratio. The ladder will still be full of mages with exactly the same deck.

You had an early chance to balance the game in order for the players to start experimenting with other deck recipes and plays. However you decided to make ranked games unplayable for all the other classes.
You can now predict the future of the game.

Mages>Paladins>=Face Hunters> Rogue
 and yes there are no other classes on this expansion for the HS team for the time being.

9 Likes

Among bug fixes I couldn’t find anything about golden Core Cards not being properly golden in Arena. Will this bug be fixed this patch?

2 Likes

They nerfed Paladin but also nerfed the towers, which are one of the best counters to Paladin.

Why does Paladin continue to have a precisely engineered Libram package? Maybe nerfing the Pen flinger - Libram of Wisdom face damage loop will be enough to bring Paladin closer to the other classes, but Wisdom Librams should have a minimum cost of 1.

6 Likes

Is there any way Kargal can see a dust refund with the watch posts given that both the playable ones got nerfed? The nerfs seem fair and justified otherwise.

4 Likes

Once again blizzard can’t Ballance the game correctly. all the classes needed some major attention possitive or negative.

Frenzy is also a complete failure apart from one rogue card that makes a strong class even stronger all because minion interaction is currently pointless.
I really thought changes to the core set would be possitive but all it’s done is broke the game and made it completely unenjoyable to play. Even the tournament put me to sleep, some one comes up with a good strategy Vs rng with no set back.

7 Likes

This is the dumbest thing I ever heard. Tickatus is a balanced card and obviously not a problem in this meta. It’s not even played that frequently (it’s in about 0.2% of the decks).

2 Likes

Tickatus and Spring water are still strong as sucks

1 Like

Spring Water is indeed broken. It should cost 8 mana. I don’t really see a problem in Tickatus though.

Standard balance is complete Bullshltas well as this patch。 Paladin will still remain as tier 1。

4 Likes

@tinaGrigore-2159
Players such as myself don’t wish or want Tickatus to be nerfed because he is unbalanced, but because he creates an unenjoyable experience . It is not fun to lose 5 to 10 cards from your deck because of a two card combo , especially if you are an OTK deck and lose your combo piece (C’thun in this meta for instance) . You play hearthstone to have enjoyable interaction , funny moments and to play with your collection of cards . Aside from Brann and Coldlight oracle combo , mill cards weren’t problematic . The two most famous cases are probable Rin and gnomeferatu. Rin too a very long time to succeed and on the way you were spending 5 mana for the seals to get a very small body/board presence and by the time you got Azari , you didn’t play him many times (in my experience and watching other people play). And as for gnomeferatu you only milled one card so to hit an important piece in your opponents game plan was highly unlikely . Also , Tickatus may not be played that often, because the standard meta is almost always mage and paladin and rarely other classes (before the patch notes) . I hope we have a healthier meta in the near future , so all I can do is hope these changes were enough .

5 Likes

Look, I LOVE Tickatus. I think it’s perfectly acceptable, given the amount of times playing him has lost me the game on the spot due to a wide variety of board state factors but I am willing to compromise:

Tickatus (8) Mana, 7/7, same effect

BUT IN EXCHANGE

Deck of Lunacy (4) Mana, spells are converted to ones that cost 2 more, not 3

DoL isn’t the initial casting cost, it’s the immediate results after the fact! (but keeping the new cast cost sure as heck doesn’t hurt, just to be safe)

1 Like

LOL, non stop tickatus hate.

Its not a great card
Its in a tier 3 deck that rarely sees play at high legend
It’s extremely slow and can only be played if your opponent is not pressuring you at all

Just because you are bad at the game and can’t figure out how to play around tickatus doesn’t mean it should be nerfed. I’ve been ticked a bunch, but honestly can’t remember the last time I lost to it.

Oh boy, I have 9+ penflinger! That’s an epic of my choice for free <3

DoL nerfed too (what a surprise)! It’s since I got that I am jokingly ask for a nerf; thank god it was broken and they nerf it! (let’s nerf also deck of chaos next, ty).

I’m a little disappointed to see the watchposts nerfed in what I think it is the wrong way, but it is what it is.

Too bad Jandice was nerfed too: it was very good because of shadowstep adn becasue the pool now is small, but what will happen in, let’s say, 3 months?
And what about mage, who play her only once in a game?
It’s like the Guardian Animal nerf: 7 mana was too low for druid, but was already too much for hunter. 8 mana for rexxar is so hard to use.

same, but I want it to be nerfed for the dust :joy:

Do you think it is a bug that “Reckless Apprentice” doesn’t work with the spirit in wild (the one that says: “your heropower target also adiacent minions”?

1 Like

@tinaGrigore-2159
In my opinion you are right to want deck of lunacy go up a bit more in the mana cost , but maybe to 5 
 not to 8 , 9. At 8 or 9 mana the card is basically unplayable . You are using your entire turn for a long time plan when it’s already late in the game and aren’t even helping your board . You are giving your opponent a huge opportunity to snowball the game in their favour . Also I believe the spell upgrade from 3 should be tuned down to 2.

I like everything you said Tina–watching my cards get destroyed is really crappy. I was not a fan of Miracle Rogue mill decks either for the same reason. A strategy game should mean that strategy is involved, not wanton destruction of that strategy. Cards that warp what your cards do (such as secrets), defang your abilities (silences), etc., are all part of that play. But it is impossible to counter a destroyed card mill. I have ZERO counter except aggro and that’s not usually the playstyle I favor. I just can’t build a deck around anticipating 5-10 cards getting destroyed. Losing due to fatigue is stupid if I have deck that I built that normally wouldn’t result in me getting all the way to the end of my deck.

1 Like

Clearly not enough for mage, deck of lunacy for 4 is nothing and spring water also should be nerferd, 2 cards for 0 mana seriously?

1 Like

I tell you what bro. I understand everything you say about Tickatus but I don’t really agree with it.
So, let’s say you build a Tickatus Warlock deck. You put 30 cards in your deck. Out of these 30 cards, you should have the following:

1. Tickatus
  2. Y’shaarj (to replay Tickatus)
  3. Enhanced Dreadlord (to corrupt Tickatus)
  4. Galakrond (to corrupt Tickatus)
  5. Siamat (to corrupt Tickatus)
  6. Soulciologist Malicia (to corrupt Tickatus, even if you don’t play any soul fragment card)
  7. Dragonqueen Alextrasza (to corrupt Tickatus)
  8. Twisting Nether x2 (to corrupt Tickatus)
  9. Brann (to double Tickatus’s battlecry)
  10. Zola (to copy Tickatus)
  11. Devoted Maniac x2 (to invoke galakrond - in order to play Galakrond - in order to corrupt Tickatus)
  12. Shield of Galakrond x2 (to invoke galakrond)
  13. Dragonblight Cultist (to invoke galakrond)
  14. Fiendish Rites (to invoke Galakrond)

So warlock puts more than 14 cards in his deck just to build a nice deck around a single card - Tickatus. So you can count these cards as “wasted” cards, because you waste them in order to play a single card - which is Tickatus.
In conclusion, Tickatus may burn 10 cards from the opponent’s deck. But warlocks waste 15 cards in their deck to make Tickatus work. So what is worse? Wasting 10 cards, or wasting 15 cards? Think about it.

Btw, the Galakrond package is there only for corrupting Tickatus. Warlock players don’t even care about their Galakrond and stuff. They just want to corrupt Tickatus.

Half the cards you just named are for wild only so in my case I don’t care about them . As for the other half ,the cards You named are not just useful to corrupt Tickatus but are good cards all by themselves and have an impact on the game . You also forgot about Jaraxxus.

1 Like

I don’t play Jaraxxus because the opponent can kill me with Sacrificial Pact. It’s not worth the risk.