1st place, but 2nd place in battlegrounds

I won a battlegrounds game as C’thun, it said I came in 2nd place because a player disconnected, but it wouldn’t let me fight him for 1st.

15 Likes

I just literally experienced the same thing, I had to fight Reno 2 times in a row (for 2nd place) and they wouldn’t let me fight Sir Finley for first place.

2 Likes

The same thing happened to me, impossible to fight the 1st! So I finished 1st but ranked 2nd and I still had 300pts

1 Like

Just had this happen to me, fought the second place player three times in a row, the person it showed in first place never battled and then it just automatically gave me 2nd place without ever fighting him.

2 Likes

Had this happen to me last night. 1st place was a guy with a 1 star tavern and 1 dragon. I had like 18 HP left when I got “2nd”

1 Like

Same! automatically gave me second place two whole battleground games/ twice in a row with out ever fighting first place!!!

1 Like

Yeah I encountered this too. Felt like an exploit but I don’t know how they did it.

1 Like

Same. We were 3, I faced Jandice twice then got 2nd without fighting the last one.

1 Like

Same here. Two players left, the first and myself, and just before the battle starts I’m automatically second.

1 Like

Same thing here. Looked like an exploit to me as well, player on the 1st position kept fighting ghosts (yes, from the turn 1 as one other player dropped). He was paired with the same ghost for like first 3 turns. Once I was the only one left, I was given 2nd place without the opportunity to fight him. And he never upgraded from the tavern tier 1 either…

same thing happened to me. had to play George the fallen 6 times since we kept drawing

Same thing here, the bug is all over the news but no comment from Blizzard that I have seen on a fix or making it right.

2 Likes

Made it to 2nd place but never got to fight for first place. It ended the game immediately after i fought and won the person in 3rd place.

I had the same situation two times already. It might be a strange bug :<

BUMP

Same thing happened to me as Dancin’ Deryl. Robbed of 1st place because opponent exploited this disconnect bug and we tied for 2nd without a recruitment phase or battle. Also did not get 1st place achievement. I was on a winning streak and he was on a losing streak., so he exploits. His name was TazerFace.

I was doing the very hard AFK achievement “brb” and also it was going to be my first time getting first place with AFK. Lost the opportunity to get those two achievements to that bug.

Just happened to me too. I wonder if something the other player does or it’s just a random bug. Idc all that much really, it’s just achievement and bragging rights for first, I still got 300 MMR, but it is strange it’s happening so much.

Happened to me today. It seems 1st place was a ghost. I had Patches the pirate, last match 2nd vs 3rd place twice then end of the game, 2nd place for me, 1st placed guy was “active” in the left ranking (he didn’t have Kel’Thuzad on) but he didn’t play any match.

Same here. Happened to me twice now and missed achievements on both.

Same just happened to me just now. Beat last opponent with Silas Darkmoon, but got message for second place and wasn’t awarded the achievement (which I wouldn’t mind having :wink: )