18.4 Patch Notes

I’m hoping to buy the tavern pass (which the notes say is now half off as of september 28) and it’s still full price. Is this intentional?

I did the same. Always worth a shot.

Please nerf Jandice barov, she is insanely OP

1 Like

i cannot describe to you how sad this makes me. turtle mage was so fun to play and wasnt even a tier 1 deck and actually required skill and preparation and now because whiney babies who cant handle playing one game against a freeze deck instead of just making the card cost more or something they ruin the deck entirely both in wild and in standard. guess im taking a break once the nerfs go live since god knows they care more about making the whiney players happy than actually doing the right thing and changing the nerf. been playing since beta and this is exactly what they did to coldlight oracle to solve people complaining about mill, another deck that wasnt tier 1 or popular but had a bunch of people who cant handle playing against an uninteractive deck complaining about it, except i can still play mill rogue in wild. turtle mage is dead.

4 Likes

Starting September 28, the price of the Tavern Pass will be reduced for the remainder of the Scholomance Academy expansion cycle!

just bought it yesterday, feelsbadman, possible to refund?XD

1 Like

Elementals seemed really weak untill i got to the T5 and 6 ones. I think they will be beyond broken.

However the Tortollan nerf made me very happy.

1 Like

Silence it. Or use a transform effect if you play a deck that can do that.

1 Like

the card sees barely any play once you hit legend or even diamond lol . its simply a win more card and definetly not a candidate for a nerf

1 Like

how are they nerfing paladin ???
hunter is nerfed kinda but no hunter deck played GA so it doenst matter to them

I wanted to craft this x2, epic weapon x2 and Knukles; I was lucky to decide to wait till the new game mode comes out, otherwise I would have crafted a trah tier deck AND now it would have also received a nerf :joy:

(I’m okay with trash tier if I like it, but from 7 mana to 8 mana the deck would have become really bad).

BUT WAIT! Maybe… spiteful-recruit hunter :thinking:

The switch to half-price tavern pass may be slow. I wouldn’t know since I’ve been happy with my pass for a while now. :slight_smile:
BG Jandice with no nerf will be available for all soon, or now? :thinking:
Did anyone find a mention of how long each Battlegrounds season would last? I only found the start date, with no apparent season end date.

1 Like

It last one expansion time: so September - December (early).
It was like this for the last ones, I assume it will continue this way

anyone know how to get the golden transfer students yet?

They look like pirates. More played - more stats and other perks. But there is no Hoggar for elementals, so that stat boost is pretty limited.

I don’t understand why they even introduce “your windfury minions have mega windfury”. Windfury minions rarely live past their 2 attacks, and it’s not Zapp, that snipes powerful supports. That minion looks like trash but it’s common that blizzard pollutes T4 with trash.

Wanna try Ala’kir with golden parrot though, looks really flashy :slight_smile:

My bet is that you have to play transfer student on each of those boards.

Hunter has Guardian Animals too? honestly forgot about that.

1 Like

You said the most important word in the game’s canon yourself. Uninteractive. Problem cards like that will always get nerfed.

2 Likes

If you like this kind of deck you can try wild Shadowcaster Rogue which can also be wrapped in a Reno package. It’s not the most powerful deck (I have ~45% winrate ainlow legend) but it’s definitely fun to play.

1 Like

They seem to be really weak untill T5 where they become crazy good. But the problem is to get there and live and have enough time to scale with them. I think it will be broken, not in winrates but how they work.

1 Like

but its not a problem card, you have 9 turns to rush the mage down and even then you can still burn them out plus theres always the chance the mage draws their potions/frost novas and just loses anyways. the deck requires an incredible amount of skill to play (as did mill rogue) and even then you might still lose to RNG or get nuked before you can draw your turtles (especially considering the popularity of face hunter and the large variety of aggressive decks that can do this consistently). sure, its uninteractive if the mage pulls ahead, but that means you couldnt beat the mage before they managed to draw the turtle. furthermore, the average game length of turtle mage pales in comparison to that of priest decks right now, and priest is infinitely more oppressive and requires much less skill, practice and planning to control the game. hell, the entire point of a control deck is to keep your opponent from playing the game. for example, control decks in magic the gathering center around locking your opponent out for as long as possible, which means minimal interaction, but these decks arent banned because they’re fun to play and they require a large degree of skill. also, considering blizzard has allowed a deck id argue is infinitely less fun to play against (face hunter) and requires a fraction of the skill to become one of the most popular decks in the format, its ridiculous that they would nerf not only the less popular of the two, but the one thats much more reliant on RNG and skillful play.

1 Like