17.6 Balance Updates

not good enough. Priest, druid, hunter and DH are still out of control. we lot more then these nerfs.

It looks like somebody got the memo about 0 mana cards.

If they’re the changes you wanted I’m glad you’re not in charge of balancing the game. Although judging by this you’d fit right in at Blizzard LOL.

The problem with rogue isn’t drawing 0 mana cost cards. It’s the endless and unpredictable value generated from lackeys.

0 mana cards are far more problematic long-term than random value. Random value can whiff, having a 0 mana card can’t.

4 Likes

I’m confident that these nerfs are well placed, since they know what’s coming next expansion and what these cards could break. Rogue might get some big power play, Mage might get some big spell that could just win a game on turn five, Warrior might get a terrible expansion, and so on and so forth.

they should have left DC alone and just changed Box. It isn’t that fun to win with either.

1 Like

Don’t forget, puzzle box can kill your own hero too

1 Like

I pray for this daily.

Name the cards you want nerfed instead of just saying “Priest broken, nerf plz.” What is broken about Priest right now? Because they’re far from oppressive, in fact they’re the least proactive class in the game.

1 Like

I predict Priest is going to be played far more post nerf.
Priest had two tier three decks before nerf. I believe they will be at least tier 2 and maybe even better than that as they and Warrior received no changes at all. Come to think of it; neither did Hunter. So those three are my picks for top of meta after the revisions.

2 Likes

Well, priest gets smashed by quest warlock. So if that happens quest warlock will also get played a lot more.

Be interesting to see what the changes do I guess.

Blizzard has superbly misjudged the meta for the last 3 releases. There’s no way they suddenly “got it right”

It seems like they want to generally tone power plays down.

I think they have gotten too much negative feedback on the state demon hunter was released in and the game has become relatively stale as most good decks were still based on the DoD meta.

3 Likes

Seriously? There is no excuse for how badly they botched the demon hunter release. Yes companies should be applauded for admitting mistakes and fixing problems with patches but the sheer number of fixes made to DH after release is simply unacceptable. Someone (or group) royally screwed up.

3 Likes

Precisely. Which is why I advocate for the responsible to be replaced.
Maybe they can mop floors or something more befitting their abilities.

Soon a new expansion with op stuff,which can then be nerfed in the months after leading to the next expansion.
It has been a standard patern for so long in hs history but it has never been as obvious as now. Someone else posted a list of all DH nerfs,is there any card left unnerfed?

Blizzard is changing way to much these days Not sure why,i dont think it helps retain players. If anything it pushes players away. Every month a new meta due to nerfs,how people keep up with it all.
Blizz need new strategy,the current strategy of releasing op stuff only to be nerfed in the months after is becoming unsatisfying for all but the die hard players. Game needs more stability i think,release a bit less op stuff and make a bit fewer nerfs.

1 Like

Blizzard started dropping the ball early on with WoW after some staff changes. As the staff changes continued, the entire machine just started falling apart. Blizzard’s reply? “The players don’t know what they want. Only we do”.

That wasn’t just once. That was MANY Times over the last few years. I am finished supporting this company. Been playing Blizzard games since around WoW BC (Sounds like an actual era). I’m tired of devs and spokespersons getting crappy with their customers when THEY messed up. The company has bred some really bad ethics.

2 Likes

Amen. The company has no clue what they are doing anymore.

Praying for people to get fired is something you do when not outraged? Yikes.

The fact that you keep playing this terrible game made by (according to you) a bunch of incompetents who are barely qualified to mop floors.

That’s not how it worked, though. You could 1) tech silence and big minion removal + currently Maiev.
2) Play your turns to mitigate any advantageous board position to delay the priest.

Remember, combo priest had no catch-up mechanisms outside 3/1 rez.

It got complained about a lot, because it took more brain to play against them than your average HS player wants to/can exert.

1 Like