17.6 Balance Updates

On July 14, we’ll be releasing a patch that includes balance updates for several cards in Standard. Craftable cards listed below will be eligible for a full dust refund for two weeks after the 17.6 patch goes live.

Dragonqueen Alexstrasza

• Old: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, add 2 other random Dragons to your hand. They cost (0). → New: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, add 2 other random Dragons to your hand. They cost (1).

Corsair Cache

• Old: Draw a weapon. Give it +1/+1. → New: Draw a weapon. Give it +1 Durability.

Metamorphosis

• Old: Swap your Hero Power to “Deal 5 damage.” After 2 uses, swap it back. → New: Swap your Hero Power to “Deal 4 damage.” After 2 uses, swap it back.

Kayn Sunfury

• Old: 3 Attack, 5 Health → New: 3 Attack, 4 Health.

Warglaives of Azzinoth

• Old: [Cost 5] → New: [Cost 6].

Dragoncaster

• Old: [Cost 6] → New: [Cost 7].

Fungal Fortunes

• Old: [Cost 2] → New: [Cost 3].

Galakrond, the Nightmare

• Old: Battlecry: Draw 1 card. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 1 card. It costs (1).

Galakrond, the Apocalypse (Rogue)

• Old: Battlecry: Draw 2 cards. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 2 cards. They cost (1).

Galakrond, Azeroth’s End (Rogue)

• Old: Battlecry: Draw 4 cards. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 4 cards. They cost (1).

We have some Battlegrounds updates planned for the near future as well. Stay tuned!

23 Likes

Well, those are both the changes I wanted for Alex and rogues Galakrond.

I hope the Alex changes are enough to affect highlander hunters Winrates though…

4 Likes

I mean, at least they kept the durability on Corsair Cache, which is what really mattered.

8 Likes

Open to news meta deck, so good :raised_hands:t2:

2 Likes

Geez, demon hunter got smashed in the face hard!

23 Likes

Those are some harsh nerfs.

Dragonqueen can only play 1 of her dragons on the turn she’s played instead of both. And Rogue Galakrond got essentially a 4 mana nerf. I don’t think there’s ever been a card that has lived through a nerf that harsh.

Kayn’s pretty garbage now. And Warglaives might stop being run all together. Metamorphosis is a pretty tame nerf though, only 2 damage lost.

As predicted though, Warrior and Hunter remain pretty much untouched for nerfs other than the slight attack nerf on Corsair Cache. Prepare for Hunter and Warriorstone until the next expansion comes out I guess.

20 Likes

Finally 1 Mana Backstab

Worst timing to nerf Rogue

38 Likes

And still no real nerf to the tempo warrior.
Good job.

7 Likes

Highlander Hunter got hit here, but I guess you’re right otherwise. Perhaps their next expansion will be weak, or other classes will have better ways to counter them in the next expansion.

Though really, it pretty much already should have been Warriorstone, since they beat the best class and were only truly unfavored against Priest, which isn’t doing too well.

3 Likes

Priest didn’t get touched. New meta: hunter, warrior, priest. Druids find something to sub for Fungle.

2 Likes

The nerf to Corsair cache is definitely a nerf to tempo warrior. Not being able to remove a 3 health minion with a Cached weapon will be a significant.

10 Likes

alakrond, the Nightmare

• Old: Battlecry: Draw 1 card. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 1 card. It costs (1).

Galakrond, the Apocalypse (Rogue)

• Old: Battlecry: Draw 2 cards. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 2 cards. They cost (1).

Galakrond, Azeroth’s End (Rogue)

• Old: Battlecry: Draw 4 cards. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 4 cards. They cost (1).

I CAN’T WAIT TO DRAW 1 MANA BACKSTAB AND SHADOWSTEPS, SMILE.

18 Likes

No, you cant play any of them. Unless you have a coin or play her on turn 10

3 Likes

1 Mana Prep into 1 Mana Backstab into Concede :wink:

That’s what I’m gonna do. Thanks, Blizzard! Could’ve just made things cost x amount less.

22 Likes

Yeah you’re right, I didn’t realize that. She’s much worse to play on 9 now in addition to losing flexibility with either playing 1 or both of the dragons.

2 Likes

Admittedly, I’m glad this stops you from just curving out DQA and getting a Zzeraku and Ysera Unleashed because why wouldn’t you land those two.

5 Likes

good nerfs! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Wooo! Thank you Dev team for the rogue nerfs! Now I’m excited to play HS again even if it’s at the end of the current xpac :smiley:!!!

2 Likes

Man, that’s a lot of dust.

9 Likes

What does DH do on turn 5 now?

4 Likes