17.6 Balance Updates

demon hunter nerfed a total of 13 times, priest 0… stop favoring 1 dang class and do some real balancing already.

9 Likes

They still have the 4/4 into Priestess of Fury on 5. But yeah, DH’s 5 drops have been gutted across the board.

6 Likes

Hold an Umberwing charge for Glaivebound Adept?

5 Likes

It gives me a feeling that the people looking at these patch notes don’t play Wild. Let me tell you how bad Rogue is in wild, how Corsair Cache gives Pirate Warrior, an AGGRO deck, unlimited draw alongside Upgrade, how Odd Demon Hunter can’t run Warglaives (I’m ok with this, 100%)…

I can see this preventing tempo swings in standard, but you have no idea what it’s doing in Wild, which, yes, still exists XD

7 Likes

I think hitting Odd DH alone, on accident probably, will make many wild players happy.

7 Likes

I’m not too familiar with DH since I made a pact with myself to never play the class. I’m just happy about the Rogue nerfs since that was most oppressive against my shaman/paladin decks. I usually only play weird non-meta decks. If DH is somehow now broken, well, Godspeed friend.

3 Likes

And yet Priest and Warrior lose virtually nothing while having one of the best counters to them (temp rogue) hit hard.

4 Likes

Old: I play Hearthstone
New: Bye Hearthstone

8 Likes

Love it. Thanks for finally cracking down on DH. This might just be the one nerf that matters.

4 Likes

Who’s ready for Shaman and Paladin to still be trapped with sub-50% winrates despite being in the 4th set of balance changes of the expansion and getting multiple buffs?

18 Likes

They’re both good in wild <3

3 Likes

Warglaives nerf is one of the first BIG steps Blizz can take to fix the class.

1 Like

Of course they will. Neither can really touch priest or warrior right now and neither were dealt with in any significant way. Not to mention the best counters to priest and warrior was tempo rogue and that got gutted. Sure priest may not have been played much but I bet it does now.

1 post?

Lookitthat, another one of those mayflies.

swat

5 Likes

I wonder if they’d be hitting Dragoncaster of Puzzle Box wasn’t a thing.

3 Likes

Highlander Hunter is still out there, so anyone trying to climb with Priest is going to have a bad time.

• DQ Alex was nerfed once before and was still pretty busted. She’s still going to be a really powerful win condition for highlander decks/decks that draw quickly.
  • Corsair Cache was a really strong spell for Warrior, but not necessarily worthy of a nerf imo. Maybe it’s getting nerfed for an upcoming weapon we have yet to see in an upcoming expansion? It’s still going to be really powerful post-nerf though as the +1 durability is worth more than the extra attack damage with Ancharrr, Livewire Lance and Wrenchcalibur.
  • Metamorphosis was pretty busted…and will honestly still be really good dealing 8 damage for 7 mana.
  • Kayn is really powerful, but I’m not sure he actually needed this nerf. He’ll still get played due to his ability as a finisher.
  • Warglaives would have been better as a 3/3 weapon rather than a mana nerf, but I have a feeling this was done to move it out of Odd DH in Wild. So I get why the devs went with this route.
  • Dragoncaster basically got telegraphed as a nerf earlier in the week. No more cheating out Puzzlebox on Turn 6/Turn 5 with the coin.
  • Fungal Fortunes was often draw 3 cards for 2 with Spell Druids cutting their deck down to 3 minions at times. Probably a healthy nerf, but not sure how much difference it will make to the Spell Druid game plan.
  • Rogue Galakrond getting nerfed makes some sense as they planned on targeting 0 cost cards, but Rogue is hands down the weakest class that got hit with nerfs. The fact that drawing 0 cost spells will now cost 1 mana makes this nerf hurt even more. It feels more like a class that’s fallen hard in the past couple months just got kicked while they were down.
8 Likes

Puzzle Box is the only reason Dragoncaster was nerfed.

3 Likes

I know, and that’s stupid.

Knock Puzzle Box down somehow. Nerfing Mage’s Dragon/Big Spell support cards because of a BS RNG-focused spell that you don’t want to highroll as early absolutely sucks.

14 Likes

Priest will probaly stomp everything after the nerfs…
New Meta :no_mouth:

Hunter and Priest

get rdy guys… ._.

3 Likes