16.4 Update: Active Issues, Fixes, and More

“few devices”

Literally anyone using Android

4 Likes

Sure would be nice to play on mobile. Sadly since the great dragon update of 2020 . My game crashes . I must be one of the “few” android players affected.

2 Likes

Come on, it happens with every patch. Fix it and do it today, not the next week!!

So I am able to play now. And my steps taken, along with some technical thoughts for blizzard to look at.

I read about people downloading from Amazon and it worked.

So I tried that, but it didn’t work. BUT… I noticed that while going through the setup phase, the game started to download the update, on the login page.

First time around I just hurried and logged in. Second time around, I let the game download the update, while sitting on the login page.

After 100% download I logged in and… Now I can play!

So technically is this because of Amazon? I can’t say for 100% for sure BUT… Going through Google Play the same steps are taken and on sign in page, the game starts to update before actually logging in!

Therefore… Normally blizzard will do a update that you download now, but will take effect at a later date. With this update the things that are effected are now! So to me, you can’t play without having the update fully updated. Otherwise the game reads it as a conflict and causes it to freeze,/ crash.

For clarity… It’s a matching game… The game on blizzards side asks “do you have a 1?” the game on your device will either say yes, / no. If yes, then next match, if no, then ask again. Hence why the game freezes. Blizzards side will continue to ask same question till it gets the answer it wants.

My advice… Uninstall and reinstall and allow full update on sign in page.

Also to note I took off sleep mode on my device, as I had problems in the past with downloads and sleep mode. Sleep mode seemed to stop /interrupt the downloads.

Hi , i will try all things. I clean the cash ori uninstall and reinstall the app but the problem is the same. The game are freezing in the moment i see the logo. I want to play plz resolve the problem quicly

yes we have gotten 4 rise of shadow packs as of now

looking for a game, choosing a hero, after choosing to throw it out of the game, you go back in, it is impossible to connect and as a result minus the rate and top 8 in the stat

My gold… My money… Fix android

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5" freezing on login for 3 days now. None of the standard “clear up cache, then data, then uninstall and reinstall and restart” etc approaches would help.

1 Like

Same issue with every new patch: game freezing at launch on Moto G5.
I understand that small gaming companies have troubles bringing clean updates.

i have a Motorola G6 Play with the game freezing on the hearthstone screen and force closing. started after the 16.4 patch. Thanks for your help in advanced

What in the actual hell, Blizz? We just want to play this damn game. Some of us have actually sank money into this. And now I can’t even play…nearly 3 days now!! Get your stuff together…

2 Likes

Am I going to get reimbursed for all the quests I couldn’t complete since I haven’t been able to play since the patch? It’s been days now and I’ve gotten to experience none of the new content. Feels bad man. Also I am playing on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A if that helps.

2 Likes

Got this to work on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A through the Amazon App Store. Use Firefox to get the apk downloaded (chrome and the Samsung browser wouldn’t allow me to download but Firefox worked fine)

Had same issue on the motorola G6 play device. Seems to be an issue only through Google play store. I Uninstalled the game, downloaded Amazon app store & redownloaded game through there & it works!

1 Like

Galaxy S5 Verzion, tried to uninstall and reinstall. Game will get to first tavern screen go through updating and allow login, but after login when it gets to the hearthstone box with spinning top the game crashes.

2 Likes

probably not as hard as if is to you telling the truth

Great job guys. Day 5 and still not working on my Galaxy Tab A. Not like I’ve spent hundreds of dollars and countless hours playing your game. About to just say the hell with it and uninstall for good. Why support a game that doesn’t support its users?

2 Likes

Hello

I have an Samsung S8 phone and Tablet A.

The app now bricks both devices and I have to hard reset to rectify the issue. It happens the moment the book appears on screen.

My pc version updated fine, 0 issues.

Android version is broken thou, good job Blizzard team :+1:

Same Tablet here pretty much.