16.0.8 Balance Update - Coming This Week!

…provided you get the opportunity to see this minion in the first place, because if you don’t, your board is worthless since you rely waaay too much on this.

1 Like

Yes, you get 3200 Dust

Great changes! I like this a lot!

1 Like

They were announced for later, I think this year. Most Dragon cards in HS won’t work in BGs, though, since they’re of the “If you hold a Dragon, …” type. My best bet would be the soon™ to be released Adventure:

From story-telling perspective, it should give a deus ex machina to rescue the falling heroes from DoD’s intro cinematic by power of the combined dragonflights - similar to how Galakrond was killed in ancient time in the Warcraft lore.

If so, there be dragons.

Add: Since DoD gave the 5 Galakrond classes one legendary card more, maybe there’s some draconic kind of compensation in the adventure?

So the problematic cards in Standard are just a turn slower and shaman’s uber-wolves have the tiniest less bit of teeth to them. That’s…well…I’m willing to give this patch a shot but I really feel it’s still going to be a very un-fun experience overall. We’ll see, I guess.

3 Likes

imagine if Wild was getting some love as well

6 Likes

So, Shaman needlessly nerfed again to the ground and almost all classes even minorly nerfed; except Hunter.

I have had enough.

ENOUGH.

2 Likes

Yup, you do obtain the full dust value. That’s why when wild rotation happened last year everyone went fast and furious to get the golden versions of the odd and even cards that no one was playing.

It was 4/9, 4/5 Galakrond classes.
If Hunter is your mortal enemy, play Priest…

2 Likes

When will you make these changes?

1. Nefarian’s ability cost 2.
  2. Rafaam’s ability cost 2.
  3. Amalgama brought back to the game and now has stats 2/2 and is located in Tavern 3.
  4. All players now begin recruiting at the same time, regardless of a speed of their battles.
5 Likes

hhhmmmm…
I wonder why Arena only got like 4 lines of update, ladder like 2 paragraphs and BG gets a 5 page essay of update…

Maybe Team 5 should stop focusing so much all their funds on BG and the game would be better. :slight_smile:

1 Like

not sure if I want to dust ancharr or not
or at least now I may use an early upgrade in it, instead of greddily holding it in hand

So let’s not nerf Priest or stupid Face Hunter? Logic is through the roof right here.

7 Likes

Regis made a video to this nerf’s announcement, here starts the part about Ancharr: https://youtu.be/Whn0V5RFKRM?t=278

TL, DW: Keep it. It’s still good removal early and gives you 2 draws if left un-oozed.

Ancharr is still a very good 3-mana weapon, and it’s still a good inclusion in Pirate Warrior compared to Livewire Lance. While Lackeys are OP 1-mana minions, drawing a card you know synergize with what you play tends to be more powerful than getting a random Lackey.

2 Likes

Oh no… why? :worried: he is so boring. More or less same hero power as Ragnaros…

Maybe you could add a hero with hero power: Add a random minion of your current tavern tier to your hand - hero power cost same as your tavern tier.

So at tavern tier 1, hero power costs 1 and adds a tier 1 minion to your hand. Tavern 2, hero power costs 2 and adds tier 2 unit to your hand. Tavern 3, costs 3 and adds tier 3 to your hand etc.

Granted, it might be too overpowered at tavern 6, but you could tweak it a little bit. A mix of Elise and Toki. It’s just an idea i don’t know, its just that Patches is bit boring… :worried:

Every Galakrond deck was needed except Rogue—who had its other, more powerful deck nerfed—and Priest, whose Galakrond deck sucks.

Tier 6 would be balanced as hell, the problem with this is taverns 1 and 2 costing so little you literally dominate the early game against anyone since getting a 1 cost tier 1 unit can be anything from alleycat to vulgar homunculus. Tier 2 the only stuff you don’t want typically is pogo hopper.

That being said, patches is still meh as hell. Better in early game, but it’s ragnaros lite still/ragnaros isn’t good. Patches is better than rag though just because power cost is 1 versus 2 unless you snipe something with 5-8 health.

This is what nerfs should always be like. Particularly strong cards are made slightly less powerful, so that they are still good cards and the decks they are in remain in the game.
The nerfing when they just made those cards garbage hurts the game in the long run. By taking decks out of the meta you only make it so that there is only one or two decks around for months and that is what truly becomes “a very un-fun experience” we have seen this many times before.

7 Likes

That’s why she is “nerfed” too soon.