150 Free packs? For real? Are you crazy Blizzard

I’m gonna call you on that. 100-to-1 odds are you’re just blowing smoke, but there’s no fire.

So, i do see that you need to catch up returning players, i have left, and returned to many card games over the years and a catchup always helps to get on your feet.
That said, 150 Packs is absolutely overkill, that is more than an entrire year of Brawls + an Entire rewardtrack up to level 150.
Also you have to keep in mind that if you actively play that entire time you keep dusting and Crafting cards that are meta relevant AT THAT TIME, while probably not relevant a few month into the future. so there is a Cost to stay competetive that you need to “subtract” from the rewards you earn by playing.
If we are talking beeing efficient in Standard, Playing actively will net you not that much more than beeing afk for a year. And not playing the game should NEVER-EVER be as efficient as spending time in it.

IMO getting the Brawl Packs you miss, if you are gone for an expansion or 2, as Comback is MORE THAN ENOUGH to get you into the game again.

And i know its Buissness yada yada yada but at this scale i can relate to every active player feeling scammed. And while that may not be the reason many people quit, its an accumulating bad taste that undermines the trust you have into a game resulting in a silent quit over time for former loyal fans.