Check in to the In-Game Shop for Free Gifts!

Check in to the In-Game Shop for Free Gifts!

Marin the Manager has unlocked his treasure vault as a part of our ongoing 10-Year Anniversary celebrations. Over the next four weeks, check in to the Hearthstone in-game shop for a gift that can be claimed for free for a limited time only*.

View Full Article

3 Likes

A non-disenchantable cosmetic and three packs.

Watch out, you might give away too much.

10 Likes

well

people really really wanted golden harth
many complained about not getting it months ago for free 5 months ago

and being put on sale with a the diamond one ( which didnt make sense …becaue they put the golden and diamond version of the same card on the same bundle !)
thats why peeople who already have wll get 1000 runestones

no idea why would anyone complain about getting it …

2 Likes

rofl. what about china getting all 2023 normal and golden cards for FREE? + FREE bundles with more cards?

2 Likes

Had the golden version of Harth from the Diamond bundle and instead of getting 1k runestones I now have 2 golden Harths. Seen on a Facebook post that “soon” will be getting the runestones, but why do I even see the option to get Harth for free then???

1 Like

Is this a joke or something ?..

It seems that many players (including me) cannot get the gold card pack. Is there any page where I can register the loss?

They are working on a fix.

How do you manage to screw up while giving away free stuff? :smile:

If you really want to know ask Blizzard.

1 Like

I can tell you know very little about computer science.

Well, I can’t really say much about you since I don’t know YOU and - you might be a software developer. However, it’s clear that the gaming community is incredibly diverse!!!

My comment was a bit of a lighthearted jab mixed with some honesty! The game does have its fair share of software issues.

1 Like

My job isn’t just programming (only as a side task) but I can tell a bug of that sort is nothing out of the ordinary; I doubt it can be tested that well in advance; the testing can’t have the real game shop (this one involves code with real money even if it was free).

Yes Blizzard in general doesn’t have as a priority to never have software issues; I can agree with that; I know them since the early WoW years.

It’s more of an “Art first” company which has served it well in the past so you can’t blame them not easily changing priorities.

It can be tested beforehand! The real question is whether Blizzard prioritizes making money or investing in thorough testing.

“Art first” - really? As someone who’s played a lot of Blizzard games, that feels like a stretch. Sure, Blizzard is known for “creating visually stunning experiences with strong world-building, character design, and artistic detail”. But let’s not forget they started primarily as a game development company, not an art-focused one. Plus, many of my friends have described WoW characters as cartoony-looking. LOL. And even “Art first” company should be held to some kind of software standards and expectations especially if they chard any money for their products!!!

1 Like

Can you link me to one single post you’ve made that isn’t either bad-mouthing Blizz, or otherwise skirting the line between troll and sass so you can defend your antics via “I’m just throwing lighthearted jabs?”

Not that I’m saying you don’t have valid points. But be honest about it, bro. 41 straight jabs in a row ain’t “playing around,” that’s just boxing at that point.

When World of Warcraft came out, it was considered nothing special in terms of core individual technologies. What made it good was collecting those technologies in a good sum. The 3D engine was nothing special; the networking tech was nothing special; it was taking those together and making a new sum (and it wasn’t even special at being the first MMO either since others existed so it was mainly about just using older tech and making better art).

Not that I think Bender is arguing in good faith to begin with, but it’s my personal opinion that the “main reason” WoW was successful was because Warcraft the franchise was already successful. And the company that made and owned that franchise, was also a powerhouse in their own right with other things (Diablo, Starcraft).

Though I will say, if you’re intending the word “art” to refer to the abstract concept, the “idea” if you will of taking something mundane and transforming it into something altogether unique, then you’re spot on. It’s just, when I hear “art” my first thought is of dusty paintings and crumbling stone.

Nah. Warcraft had a following but it was nothing compared to the WoW phenomenon of the first 2 expansions. WoW on the first 2 expansion was not just THE game; it was probably the most important gaming phenomenon in the history of gaming up to that point; only Minecraft surpassed that fame.

I don’t know if I’d invoke history in that way; there are plenty of instances in gaming history that both predate WoW, and were objectively more important for gaming than it. Pong, for example. Or Super Mario Brothers. Hell, I’d argue E.T. was more instructive on the potential pitfalls of gaming, and as a certain Jedi once said, “the greatest teacher, Failure is.”

You don’t have to explain how omnipresent WoW was at launch, I was there for that. If I wanted to I could dust off my account and showcase some of the OG items I still have, well before achievements were even invented for it.

At the same time, gaming itself has always been so multifaceted, even in the early aughts, that it’s hard to think of one single thing (again besides the obvious first actual game ever made) that you can point to and say “if not for THIS, nothing would ever come of it.”

I wasn’t actually. It snowballed and had a peak at WotLK. It’s the peak that is extremely rare; back then the internet didn’t even have many gamers; it would be like today having 100 million players or so.

1 Like

You do realize commercial internet started in the mid-90’s, right? Late 2000’s or thereabouts would have us playing games like Black Ops, Halo, and Starcraft 2. You have a very weird take on modern history.