Permaban - out of nothing - it is insane

Today I filed for data privacy request, and found out under Diablo Immortal there are 3 character names that are unknown to me.

YpwFPA6O2XvYtESi and ZK9hR8BH+SlNNPZO and Yp08Yartukoxc1m6

I totally agree the very least FAIR result is to tell the banned people why they were banned. I am sure someone has created another account and the same thing occurred - somewhere.

Additionally, I saw someone on Reddit threaten legal action - That is clearly a waste of time and emotional energy saying that, because I do not remember the last time I saw any western country take a Chinese company into court.

I don’t understand the mindset of people that would be okay with being punished without even being told why.

Yes, and they state those rules in the End User Licence Agreement that players must abide by. The rules are openly stated and agreed to. However, when Blizzard bans people, they don’t even say which of those rules they claim the player broke. The agreement to the rules is transparent, the banning is not.

A policy which results in paying customers being banned, without being told why, thus preventing them arguing that they didn’t break the specific rule they’re accused of breaking, is a really bad policy.

1 Like

In real life you have to be informed about the crime, i’m not sure the EULA has the same rule (i didn’t read it) but it’s clear about that you don’t have any rights.

I agree with you with this:

2 Likes

Just to put another funny story here.
I kept my appeal ticket open again, and i got following reply today. Please read :slight_smile:

Nach sorgfältiger Untersuchung eures Spielaccounts wurde bestätigt, dass euer “World of Warcraft”-Spielaccount gegen die Blizzard-Endbenutzer-Lizenzvereinbarung verstößt, und während des Verstoßzeitraums gibt es keine Anzeichen dafür, dass der Account gestohlen wurde, daher bestätigen wir, dass die Bestrafung ein korrektes Urteil ist, und werden das ursprüngliche Urteil aufrechterhalten.

So they have carefully investigated my WoW Account. AHA, wow, thats interesting.
Just, its about Diablo Immortal. Yeah, almost the same game.
They now even mix up the copy / paste text replies.
Its so clear this is just copy / paste, no one is looking into anything.
I have not played WOW since 2 years.

How absurd this all is…

2 Likes

Guys, let’s make some noise. We are enough already to raise a voice.

4 Likes

A lot of us are going to be popping up in these threads to support those who have gotten banned for absolutely no reason. I know it is for no reason because the same thing happened to my husband. If its not the controller then they need to stop letting people mass report players for the dumbest reasons. Or have a “If these accusations are found to be of false report, you will have the penalty” before the report. Its insane how many people have been banned to get the same automated message over and over with no help whatsoever from a real person. Bliznet will be seeing their games die if they don’t start making their customers happy. First step is to get real "customers service ". -Supporter

4 Likes

Just got another reply on my ticket (which i reopend for the 4th time…
The same copy / paste standard reply, no will from Supoprt to directly adress me and my clear questions regarding the German EULA regarding bans etc. Nothing.
Just copy / paste of blablabla.
0 customer support, down to nothing.

2 Likes

Miscarriages of justice never happens, right? Judges never make mistakes, law enforcement officers always adhere to the highest standards of prosecution? Your argument is simply untenable. What would a judiciary look like if people were convicted without seeing evidence of their wrongdoing? Bystanders like you will say - if he is convicted he is guilty - and move away undisturbed. You will have put an end to the rule of law, probably something you don’t care about.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why blizzards promoted forums on social media, there is literally 0 blizzard replies here, absolute ignorance.
Company has no QA and CS at all.

Is player support even real? We do have a recent community manager, @GhostSignals, who says in some threads that messages of players are sent to the “proper team handler”. And yet, based on what I’ve read here and reddit, this blatant lack of transparency has been there since 2022 or maybe at the time of its launch. The issue is not only for people who are banned but for everyone who has been penalized (silenced, temporary suspension, etc.). Players have moral rights to be upheld both in real life and in digital world - right to information and right to be heard. I understood completely what @Meteorblade tried to say. Maybe some others will only get it once it happens to them, despite being clean players. Computer automation has limitations in the same manner as human moderators do. Unfortunately, they cannot triangulate the data when they do not even tell the player concerned of what “violation” was the ground for their penalty. Two worst case scenarios apart from gadget mismatch are: (1) weaponization of the report player tool for malicious, vengeful or undue advantages, and (2) system malfunction/bug wherein the blame is put on players instead on the devs. Since a notification window pops up telling “your suspended or banned for a policy violation”, whichever the case, it would seem more credible to actually tell in promptly what the violation is about and how long would your penalty be. Yes, I agree that this is only a game, but you can’t have real fair play if it is not transparent. We all know that there are those who really have to be perma banned for actual cheating. But, what about those who have been victims of false reports and false pings? There is no clear statement as to how they will be compensated.

1 Like

From the experience i had it’s not :slight_smile:

The most obvious violation is that google play REQUIRES player support email, and its technically stated as support@blizzard.com
And google play also REQUIRES up to a 3 business days response time, but they do not, I have reported it to google, but they definitely just turn a blind eye on it.

The thing is that those players who complain about unjustly bans are not more trustworthy than anyone else, including blizz/netease but you guys still blindly believe that they always tell the truth and blizzard is the bad one here. There are hundreds of thousands of players who play on multiple devices with controller and not banned and the community still happily accepts that players were banned for controller usage which is ridicolous.
Obviously there are cases of false bans but you can be sure that most player complaints here or reddit are just blatant lies who just try to jump on the false ban bandwagon and they know exactly what they did.

I went through lengthy chargeback process multiple times (different banks etc, thats why multiple times)
Each process took 7-8 weeks total where I had to present evidence and my side of story multiple times.

I won every dispute, blizzard did not prove to a 3rd party my guilt not even once.

So your claim that players who complain are untrustworthy is pure speculation. In addition to that, blizzard could have easily debunked it all, if it respected its players outside of China half as much as it does in and if it gave us at least half as much support as we deserve.

here is an example of what I’m talking about, use google translate or whatever, this is directly blizzards official website

Blizzard can put a stop to these kinds of posts once an for all, only they.
Also there is one thing that is impossible to argue with, there is no customer support whatsoever and automated bans with no way for a human review is outrageous.

2 Likes