You need at least Windows 10 (version 1909)

I’ve readed several threads on forum for the same issue, so to be clear:
Error: You need at least Windows 10 (version 1909)
Windows: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.4377)
How to fix: So as I understood Blizzard will not allow to play users with this Win version, so the refund is only the option?

2 Likes

I just opened a thread with the same problem. HOW does a 70 dollar game end up having this issue while ALL other games DO not have this issue

2 Likes

Hey there,

So the LTSC versions of Windows are not meant for consumer environments, they are meant for long term little change stable environments. They do not receive the regular updates that Windows 10 would normally Receive.

Your build is equivalent to Windows 17763. Diablo IV needs Build 19044/45 for Windows 10 in order to run properly.

I am not sure if it is possible to just upgrade from the LTSC version to a Home/Pro/Education/Enterprise version or if you have to do a full reinstall of the system. You may want to reach out to Microsoft support to see what your upgrade path options are.

I got Windows 10 Home Version 22H2.

This is very odd decision, to limit users and decide should they play or not.
Everything is up and running with my Windows version, and instead of deactivation of this checksum in launcher, you just reject us. Dissapointing.

In this case, could you please guide me, how I could make a refund of the game? Any link will be appreciated.

1 Like

If you have a fully updated version of Windows 19045 (22H2) then you should be able to play without issue.

If you are getting an error that you need a newer Windows build then it may be a couple of issues.

1. The error is wrong and it might be referring to a different component like GPU or CPU. I have seen a few cases where a player was running dual GPUs and the game was defaulting to the lower power one that was unsupported and they erroneously got this error. So check to make sure if you have multiple GPUs that you are set to use the correct one.

For Laptops a high performance power plan should work, and making sure the system is set to use the high performance card for 3d applications.

For Desktops this would only be the case if you had a physical monitor plugged into the motherboard instead of the GPU (or both and the main monitor was set to the integrated GPU.

1. For some reason you have either the Desktop Application or Game Launch Executable set to run in compatibility mode. You should be able to right click on the shortcut/file for the program go to properties, go to compatibility mode and make sure it is all turned of.

If neither of those solves the issue, then there may be a deeper system level issue with that Windows Profile. You can test that by creating a new Windows Admin account: Blizzard Support - Creating a New Administrator Account

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the app/client.

Predajke,

You can always attempt a refund for any shop purchase by using the support site. Blizzard Refund Policy - Legal – Blizzard Entertainment

Please note if you made the purchase through a retailer or on console, you will need to work with them to refund any purchase.

1 Like

It’s a modern game with modern graphics, so it causes modern requirements including OS and DX12 version. Actually, there is a system requirements article that was updated a month ago. As you can see, the minimum OS is 64-bit Windows 10 version 1909 or newer.

I’m also running with AMD RX580 x1 GPU, updated it to the latest driver but it still says my graphic drivers are out of date. Current Version: 20.10.35.02. Minumum required version: 21.5.2. But it says on device manager that I have version 31.0.14037.17019

MadLadMaple there were new AMD Drivers released 5 days ago:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

The current Revision number is actually 23.5.2 So definitely need some updates

LOLOLOLOLOL!

This statement is a lie.

I have the latest and greatest of everything (Windows 10 Professional, AMD Graphics Drivers, Motherboard BIOS Updates, et al) and this game crashes EVERY SINGLE TIME I PLAY IT. Hasn’t not crashed on me since the first open beta.

2 Likes

I have 19045 and still have issues…try again.

3 Likes

But why? Why have a os version limit? What could you possibly need from the OS that don’t exist before 1909? If it dont work it dont work, but don’t apply arbitrary limits, i want the sweet sweet crash to tell me that, not you. Im also on 1809, and i refuse to update to a newer one due to windows stupid decisions. Not only do each update break like everything, forcing me to keep doing formats. But who in their right mind thought that not being able to have a taskbar darker then 25-25-0, or 15,15,15, if you use light mode was a good idea? Im terrified to update only to realize half of what i could do before i can no longer do.

3 Likes

I wish I knew about this before paying for this game. I’m playing everything under the sun on Windows 10 LTSC 1809 and here comes Blizzard with another one of their funny plays. Lol! Thank God I didn’t buy some deluxe edition or anything. Will not upgrade windows, and am looking for a refund. Thanks for nothing guys. Blizzard for company of the year.

2 Likes

You run an unusual version (not common) of Windows 10. And are surprised that a modern game might not support it.

And not upgrading Windows might be nice for a while, but eventually you will have to upgrade anyway. Its only a matter of time.

The real person limiting you is you. Changing Windows from one version to another version is a PITA, I know. I run a computer shop. I do this all the time. But at some point you just have to update.

I didn’t want to change from Windows NT 4. But I had to. I didn’t want to change from XP. But I had to. I didn’t want to change from 7. But I have to. And I really dislike Windows 11, but again, what other way forward with Windows and get the latest capability is there, especially with gaming?

So, sorry you had to refund. But as far as I know, the requirements were clearly listed for the game, and your Windows did not meet the requirements it sounds like.

If I had been in your position, I would have probably setup a dual boot windows build. With one being a newer version, so you would have some compatibility with newer software, but could easily swap back to the earlier version, and not have to buy much hardware.

These days, you can even run Windows off of a USB drive if you wanted to.

Anyway.

Good luck.

1 Like

Version 22621 here. Having same issue off an on… Have had limited results doing scan/repair or reboot but nothing consistently resolving the issue.

Following up, checked on a hunch and had compatibility turned on for battle.net. Remember it was set because of a separate unrelated issue to this from a while back. No more issue for me.

Just in case you are having this issue. What worked for me was clicking the options wheel next to play on battle net and running scan and repair. I tried reinstalling battle net and it did not work. The scan and repair worked.

Same here , i got version 19045.3031 and it still wont work.
It worked yesterday , played without problems??
Nothings been changed on the computer.

1 Like

Had a refund issued after discovering how the game enforces a check on OS version. The game would likely run just fine under lutris and wine for linux. You guys need to remove this or at least allow the customer to acknowledge their OS isn’t officially supported and allow them to run the game anyway.

2 Likes