Would like to see a Bard class

Lies. A bard could work in WoW. But of course it would be combat-oriented like all of Blizzard’s classes. In a lot of games (especially in the past) a priest was a supporting class, unable to last long by itself, but they made one that could solo and not be super weak in combat (and actually have combat abilities) while also being a healer and providing support.

Basically, whenever Blizzard creates a class, it is beefed up from the jump and able to solo and kick a$$ regardless of its usual nature in other games.

Most people seem to have in mind Jaskier as a Bard but seem to forget that the Doof Warrior in Mad Max is also a Bard which is befitting Diablo 4.

This is Diablo 4 we are talking about…

Nothing is more out of place than a support class in D4.

1 Like

You said a bard would never make it into WoW or Diablo.

Playing a bard in a dark and hellish fantasy setting just doesn’t sound appealing to me.

Once the Paladin is in, add whatever characters you want Blizz.

I just hope I can replicate a Retribution 2hander sword style Paladin at some point.

With all the trading coming down the line, the next class is going to be The Accountant.

1 Like

This is my sentiment on Bards too. Bards are arguably the dumbest class. I cannot think of another class that would offer less. Nothing strikes fear in enemies more than a dude playing a lute. I cannot help but think of the D&D movie when Chris Pine plays the lute and goes into skipped record mode.

That’s a great scene and movie…

That said, I hate the entire concept of bards. First thing that comes to mind is the bard in Witcher that’s a wimp and typically has to be saved like a damsel in distress. Music magic is lame. I see them requested all the time in WoW, and my response is always, “Why that and not a tinker/mech/steampunk type gun/tech class?”

I’d be happier with a Demon Hunter or pure Archer type class, but I think Rogue is the closest we’re going to get.

I would rather smash a demon in the face with a battle axe, putting them to sleep with ASMR will not do.

Guru of Spreadsheet.

No, you can’t seduce Diablo.

NAT20.

Call him chaos bard and now it works.

2 Likes

I expect they will stick with the more violent/aggressive class types. Druid didn’t strike me as a particularly violent class though, tree huggers and nature lovers and all, so who knows.

I do like the idea of it though!

Chaos bard enters the dungeon. Her offhand unique adds an opening act venue bonus of one random shrine effect for 60 seconds. She uses music as a weapon… not smacking demons with an actual lute or drum, but magic music. If we can use fire, ice, lightning, tornadoes, bone shards, and even pecking ravens, music as a damage source doesn’t seem too far fetched. Maybe a skill makes the monsters lose focus on her and attack each other, or another skill makes them stop attacking and (stun) so they can’t move.

One major issue would be for the human playing to hear the same attack music over and over and over and over. Been there!

I would love to see what the creative minds could come up with!

Druids maintain a balance of elements and get aggressively defensive if the balance is threatened. The Hells ‘poke the bear’ when they threaten Sanctuary.

No. My twenty characters

1 Like

Just as an FYI here:
There was a Bard class in Diablo I, under the (noncanonical) Hellfire Expansion. It included Bard, Barbarian, and Monk. Barbarian and Bard were “unfinished”, but playable.

Bard is the only class not to return in any future title. And Barbarian has been a staple in every title since.

They realised it has no busines in the universe of Diablo.

Diablo 4 Bard could work if it was like the HU or Heilung Tribal Metal.

• Throat Singing AoE Buffs/Debuffs
  • Guitar Axes
  • Killing enemies makes noise, stringing more enemies together produces greater effects
  • Bone Rattler Staff