Would like to see a Bard class

Ya, Blizzard wouldn’t cater to groups of 4.

looks at Vault of the Loom

Completely different. Efficiency vs needing other players to take advantage of a class are not the same things. Disingenuous post is disingenuous.

Both Bard and Barbarian were charcters in Diablo Hell fire.
D1 Bard

Some suggestion here are really unbelievable :smiley: Support class in aRPG. :roll_eyes:

Never played D2 or D3 did you? Both had support builds for different classes. Zdps (zero DPS) builds were very common in D3 especially. Not saying they were intended by the developers, but players made them a thing and they worked.

Doing support build is whole different story than support class in general.
I am all for more support skill to be able to deliver support build. Always like that.

But considering its needed just for really hard pushing that is something what only very small portion of players would ever need.

So develop whole class for it is not worthy.

1 Like

I agree with that, the class should be able to stand by itself and complete everything in the game along with the other classes. If anything just add more support skills to existing classes. Not that I wouldn’t mind having a Bard class of course, but if the whole purpose of it is to support, it would be pointless in D4.

1 Like

Well that was my point…

1 Like

Bards are not a class that is ever going to make it into WoW OR Diablo.

What are you going to do, SING demons to death?

Play a super good diss track so Diablo feels bad about himself and surrenders?

C’mon.

I’m all for class variety, but let’s be real.

youtu.be/3hMel0F3bgk?si=ShOrZr8USdXKSeBi

Just sayin.

I could see a bard class working but not as made here. The bard could have a skill or two set up to also be helpful in a group much like other heroes but it cant be his focus.

The special items as shown here are bad. Parties dont want to chase down enemies that are running away and you are favoritng rogue with these items as well.

What bard is and has been in other games is a jack of all trades. A magic user, a fighter, a singer, leader, ect.

What this could be in D4 is that the bard is every hero. You start with bard basic songs skills, and then your next set of skills is a different hero, ect. All the related passives and such then populate from that hero. This lets you make some weird and fantastic builds like a sorc with shouts or a druid landslide with sorc ultimates or such. This would be hard to balance though.

Na, just let us make Singer Barbs again.

I’m down for this as long as I can have 80’s metal big hair on my toon.

1 Like

Sounds good to me! Maybe some KISS style cosmetics too!

1 Like

I hate the idea of a goofy Bard class in a dark fantasy game, that class is so high fantasy. I likenthe idea of an assssin in disguise, but the magikal musical powers is off putting for me, in a Diablo like enviromnet. Also, the Diablo universe allready has an order of assassins.

Decent? Lol. Bard was the most overpowered thing in the game. I could kite entire zones and had macros set up to twist songs. Could also Charm Elite enemies that would destroy everything. The buffs were insanely good (Haste, Movement Speed, Mana Regen etc.)

I hope it is fat, because people talk about those classes the most.

1 Like

How a bard class would really play out in combat:

Takes out his guitar.
Dies.

Fat Bard

1 Like

LOL.

All of a sudden I have a picture of Jack Black & Tenacious D.

2 Likes