Why are druids obese?

Seriously. Why would a wilderness survivalist be obese? They aren’t even that muscular. Just fat. What is going on? Necro females look like men. Character models across the board look like enemies from deadspace.

I get the whole body positivity but this is a fantasy game at its roots, let us have the ability to create our own characters.

391 Likes

Because some lazy dev had this fantasy

140 Likes

Eat to much. Media told them they looked beautiful… :sunglasses:

90 Likes

I think they’re heftier because of the wilderness aspect of the bear. Implying something about being a shape shifter means essentially becoming larger. It’s nothing about body positivity, or as fragile lonely nerds only say “woke”, it’s just part of the theme they are going for in the aesthetic. They probably leaned too hard into the bear form that fits versus going the leaner/muscular werewolf route.

45 Likes

Strong men competitors are hefty people. The druids look like diabetic cast members from “My 1000lbs Life”

93 Likes

Yea druids look terrible honestly. Not even just how fat they are but the hairstyles are horrid, unless there’s some way to eventually be a permanent shapeshifter I won’t bother playing them haha they fugly.

Was also hoping for some better ranged skills too I have a feeling melee is going to be terrible for pvp but maybe druids will be alright with all the aoe slows

61 Likes

Yeah well my character shouldn’t look like he lost weight when he transforms into a bear. Just because we can be bears doesn’t mean the druid should always look like one.

39 Likes

I am envious of his back hair though. I wish my back would grow lucious locks of hair like the female and male druid

8 Likes

they aren’t obese, they have a strongman build.
barbs on the other hand have a bodybuilder build.
both look strong.

but yes more hairstyles would be great.

31 Likes

Believe it or not, that body type is generally what strongmen tend to look like. The classic Conan look is a different goal. Just google “world class strongman.”

23 Likes

Dude those are not strong man builds. Its legit obesity. They look like there sweat is made of bacon grease. For the record im well versed in physiques i was really into bodybuilding until I injured my back in the military.

46 Likes

druids can no longer summon bear because they ate it

74 Likes

We’ve been telling the WoW retail devs that since BFA with Kul Tirans. we have not won yet lol. I don’t see that changing here.

its not even immersive. if one hikes 10 miles a day, every day…that is hella mad cardio. one will lose weight. or…someone is pounding some serious calories.

Like 4-5 MRE’s worth. a day. that…ain’t healthy either. those are carb loaded to be like 1500 to 2000 calories…a meal.

19 Likes

They should allow more body types!

44 Likes

Just look up Tom Stoltman. The 2012 and 2022 Worlds Strongest Man champion.

Also this forum is buns. Why can’t we link things.

3 Likes

i don’t know how this side works.

If like say the wow forums you must earn trust levels to post links.

maybe it has that too?

That would be a valid argument if Diablo 2 skinny druids didn’t exist already. They didn’t even respect their own class fantasy enough to put in a body type option.

24 Likes

Druids are descended from barbarians. Evolving with high metabolism to support such a muscular frame. Once they stop being such a muscular race those calories get stored as fat. The Pima Indians are currently suffering from this and have the highest obesity rate due to their genes being so efficient at collecting and storing energy.

7 Likes

It’s just evolution from D2 > D2R > D4

I don’t see anything wrong with him being chungus :rofl:

2 Likes

Lmaoing at all the twiglings who are envious of us strongfat bros. We’re large and in charge am I right my fellow druids?

9 Likes