What is the "eternal" experience like?

No, because the Eternal Realm does not have any seasonal gimmicks that makes the game easier. So, I would say that Eternal is a tad harder since you have no seasonal themed powers to carry you :slight_smile:

1 Like

This gives more insight to eternal play.

Assumption is that gearing is one and done is wrong.

Its a constant upgrade system that people progress to “good enough”.

That good enough may be a single ga to quad ga.

And this is all vs time available to play.

Eternal is a train going off the cliff right now and then falling into lava. All items keep changing over and over and eternal players hate this. They also wont be max level on the s6 rollout.

1 Like

Which is insane. When does an expansion that provides new levels ever bring with it max-level gear provided at the start? Never.

I meant character level there not item level.

We could say the same about the way you enjoy the game … We are all different and enjoy different things . It is not that hard mate.

As posted in many other threads:

1. How do you know the i800 are a higher level of gear tear than current 925?
  2. Even in the game currently, level requirement is not the same as item power. You do not need to be level 100 use use the top teir level, You can be level 80. Additionally, you can drop the gear at level 55. So being level 50/60 has no bearing on your ability to wield a tier weapon.
  3. Where do these new top tier weapons drop? in Torment 2 & 3, which is the same as clearing Pit 100-135. Many players have already run this level of content many times before.

So at this point we have items that are literally the same (see Winterglass i925 vs i800 examples provided previously), and if you need a minimum level that is 20% away from max level to wield top teir weapons, that would translate to either level 48 or 33 in the new max 60 schema, and finally we have exact some content being played currently that will drop the i750/800 loot.

i.e. There is nothing in game that says you must have leveled to max level 100 or 60 before the highest quality loot drops. The game only requires you to play the content which it drops which is the same content that already exists for eternal players.

Your question should actually be reversed. When has an expansion not provided a new tier of gear? This is the first one I can think of. VoH.

Seems like it’s perfectly valid to expect the max level gear when no WT5 caliber loot has been introduced.

3 Likes

You’re replying to a person who is making a sarcastic comment about eternal players, not really representative of anything I’ve seen an eternal player say. They’re just trolling.

For the one millionth time, it’s not about farming new gear at an expansion or leveling more at an expansion. It’s that we had to replace the equivalents of the gear we already had through three itemization changes since launch, and at the expansion, the MW cap, temper quantity, and relative power of legendary gear is nerfed, and we have to re-farm to get back to the flexibility and affix %s we already have.

That last part is of particular note because a stat squish only needed to affect integer values really amd maybe some values that would have a natural cap, like critical %.

It’s not hard to understood, but some people would rather be pricks to other people online than dare to admit someone else has a valid point.

3 Likes

I give you exhibit A: Blizzard lowering iLVL 925 items to 800 is the solution

And B: DO NO LOWER iLVL 925 items to 540. keep them at 800!

You might be able to argue that these arguments are coming from more trolls, or non-eternal players, but at some point we have to assume that all this uproar about gearing has some validity in a players eyes. They want their level 50 gear to be level 60, max Ilvl gear, come the expansion when they login.

Would it have felt better if instead of a stat squish, you would go into VoH on your eternal character knowing that
A. You have 10 levels to gain,
B. The new max iLvl is say, 1050, and
C. New stats would have more diminishing returns as you get closer to iLvl 1000

Would that have made it better than a squish followed by 10 levels and a raise in iLvl?

I see your point. What if they would have waiting for S7 to release VoH and S6 is the squish. Would that make it better?

I only ask these questions because I am trying to determine the psychology of why it feels bad one way vs. another. And knowing how some of these developers think, I am purposely proposing things that I believe they would do, given less pressure to move the xpac out ASAP.

Not much can be done on legendary items. They are changing so much. My view though is that uniques and especially mythic uniques should never go legacy. They should just always be the current version. If you have a 95% of max item power flamescar and they nerf down the max itemlevel to 540 then you should have a 95% of max flamescar when its over. Mythics are different as they only drop as max so anytime a mythic is changed you just have the max version. No legacy ever.

The developers are just trying to give you that Seasonal experience without the rebuild :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll take my Legacy Mythic and keep it forever. There will never be Lifesteal as an affix in the game ever again. I don’t want to ever lose Lifesteal on my Andy at all. Just refarm new Mythic if need be.

Don´t get me wrong, I have nothing against eternal players, I just don´t get it.

I am also semi casual but that 8 hours per week means almost 100 hours per seasson.

You are done with class in 30-50 hurs max. What are they doing after?

I understand general premise of eternal of minmaxing your class, but bcs in D4 you can´t do anything for stable progress I just can´t imagine I would grind weeks without even see an possible upgrade.

I think that’s the problem with seasonal players. The ‘mad dash’ to the end goal. The end goal is to finish the Season Journey. After that they just wait 3 months for the next season posting more on the forum than actually playing the game.

Driven by eternal madness the gollum-like residents of this god abondoned place gather in filthy tunnels deep under the earf. Eating bugs and worms while continuously mouthbreeding to create an army they can send in a battle against the fine people of the seasonal realm.

1 Like

Jeeeez show us on doll where seassonal player touched you.

My goal is always finish my class, I don´t care about some journey or meaningless achievements.

I DON´T PUSH AGAINST ETERNAL PLAYERS.

I was just curious what eternal player like in D4.

Eternal is fot those pursuing perfection, unless you have no life is really hard to have multiple chars all with perfectly maxed out gear with perfect rolls and max aspects in seasonal

In eternal reaching max level (Yeah, there are many that actually START in eternal) is just the tutorial, nobody cares about campaign it’s all about endgame and pushing chars as high as they can go and you can’t do that in seasonal realm, nobody cares about killing lilith or the storyline, you care about shaving off that 1 minute in your pit 130+ run

Last night i was actually trying 3 different amulets looking at the time it took to kill T8 IH bosses (Thx blizz for not giving us a decent test dummy with an actual dps monitor), just to give you an example and since season 2 i only did just the stuff strictly needed to have 225 paragorn points, all other quests are still there since then just to show you how much we care about campaign

Eternal is good only if there is no seasonal power during the season. You will start with full geared max character with plenty of resource. It is much efficient to play as you can start enjoy the new content on day 1. Boss Rota is less efficient as harder to find players in discord.

I think next season should be great for Eternal if you keep the legacy gear with good affix and fully masterworked it. When new seasons started, those gear could be masterworked, tempered nor enchant.

Thanks for being receptive to the alternative view point.

A few things might have made it better (but would not fit into the schema that devs are currently using)

1. They might have said, you know what pit 150-200 is actually WT5 difficulty. We didn’t want anyone to clear it before even though it was in game. Hence forth, 150-200 is dubbed WT5. To help you conquer WT5 you now drop 1025 item level weapons. WT4 drops 925 which you have now, running pit 150+ drops 1025 and with the 1025 weapons and no paragon changes players are able to defeat the content.

2. The could have also said, okay, 150-200 we expect players to clear with the leveled up paragon powers and previous item power. So that’s why only 925 still drops between pit 100-200. Now we are going to release Pit 200-250 which you can’t beat with only Paragon improvement with 5 AOZ glpyhs. To help you beat Pit 250, here are your new 1025 weapons you can farm for.

3. Finally, if you understand that the 540 level is a nerf across the board consistently, and also that i800 is not even an upgrade the majority of the time, then it it becomes easy to understand the frustration. If they intended 800 as upgrade and 750 as the same, then the 800 needed to be a clear improvement over the 750 which it is currently not.

Edit: @Urza I mean they could literally just set the code for i750 and character level 50 as the conversion for legendaries and 800 for GA’s. I don’t think the code is that difficult to do and the point of feedback and to give feedback after testing the changes to see if the changes were done correctly.

2 Likes