We need Auction house ASAP

Than why all the crying about the cost of cosmetics? The D3 equivalent of a Shako was the Mempo of Twilight. It would cost you $250.00 on the RMAH. The same for BIS rings, amulets, weapons. Do you have that much disposable income? Does everyone playing D4?

If you want everyone to have the same opportunity for good gear than the current self-found system is the best.

A lot of people have bad memories and excperiences due to the way that the auction house was implemented in Diablo 3.

But a gold-only auction house would be a good addition to diablo 4.

When did I say I was buying anything? When did I say I cared about players having the same opportunity?

I’m just wondering why people want items to fall from the sky but are against an auction house “because the game is about finding items”. Maybe they like having a false sense of accomplishment?

“Dude, I totally got this item off a mob that a 5 year old could beat” :clown_face::clown_face:

I think an AH would be a great idea. That and a party finder.

I have to agree and I made a post about it. The way trading has opened up for 99% of items we need AH. Then we can have all items bind on purchase which kills all flipping.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/the-case-in-favor-of-a-s4-auction-house

yes!

20 character limit

People still asking for an auction house? Remember how well that went with D3?
No we don’t need an AH

2 Likes

I am so incredibly against getting items that you don’t do the work yourself to find in a game that is almost entirely about finding items. If you think that it’s about enemies then you’d be wrong.

Said like a true WT1 chad. Or someone who thought trading didn’t exist in D2 which is FAR more a loot hunter than D4 tempering endgame is.

Lets not forget that adding a SELF FOUND mode would fix any issue people have. You know the mode most ARPG’s have.

We need a stable game first.
I play blizzard games since warcraft 1 and I never seen a game with so many bugs like D4.
This development team is really bad.

There were several reasons why D3 AH failed that can be avoided.

1] You could sell items for real $$$.
2] Items did not bind on purchase so flipping items was extremely rampant.

WE can solve these issues and bring an AH into the game with better results now. 99% of the items are tradable. Something needs to happen besides relying on poor awful built websites like current diablo.trade.

I wouldn’t mind an AH, but in games like this they get abused by botters and gold sellers. It can be regulated, but it all depends on how much effort Blizzard is gonna put into maintaining it. If they don’t regulate it, it will be the same disaster that was D3. And with Blizzard’s track record on dealing with cheaters, I have zero faith in it working out.

Most problems go away when items bind on purchase. It kills all flipping.

But yes they have to enforce fair system with no botting or duping of items.

Gold selling is already happening and that is a much harder issue to tackle.

Don’t people realize that Diablo 3 was a real money auction house? It’s not the same thing.

1 Like

Since there is actually people against this idea, which is a shock, Im upvoting. I agree. A built in marketplace with bidding option built in if the seller wants that. But definitely something to connect sellers and buyers.

Well, it was both RMAH and Gold AH.
Both were quite bad for the game as I see it. RMAH was on another level of bad of course, but still…

it all happened before the loot revamp, of course its gonna be bad because that was literally the only way for any normal players to get any sort of good gear, simply farm gold and buy gear.

after the loot revamp the incentive to farm gold dropped like a rock

i would assume not many people would actually farm gold 24/7 like they did in d3 just to get a piece of loot in d4…

I think I have a good starting point how this could work.

you can sell your items to the ingame vendors

Why exactly do we need to have players botting 24/7 and destroying the game