UNLIMITED TRADING Please

I agree with this 100% ! I think its an excellent solution to minimize D2JSP zealots.

Couldnt agree more. People dismantling stashes of legendary items to repeatedly reroll one stat on 1 item is such a low iq stat/item system.

Bring ON FREE TRADE.

PEOPLE WILL BOT REGARDLESS. YOU had rampant botting in d3 for paragon leveling.

4 Likes

It’s players, the D2 population has always been high. How do you think the multiplayer servers remained open for more than 20 years? It’s what drove Blizzard to update it with Resurrected.

1 Like

I feel for you not having it but I am so grateful! I hate trading! Trading is why I don’t pay PoE. Yes I play SSF but the drops are trash. The experience is so terrible going 5 acts or more where you still have slots that don’t have updates (to be fair D4 would have this problem less due to skills aren’t tied to gear so I don’t have to use 25 chromatic orbs and still not use the item because I got unlucky).

The thing is it is a very different gameplay loop. Even with full trade I’m not going to do it because I like to kill monsters and play solo and get loot. Not kill monsters go to website and list, kill monsters, talk to random to sell, browse website, talk to random to buy and repeat. Why would I want my loot nerfed so you can get free gear from your friends or buy it from someone else. With trade when I see people with legendary items I’m assuming they bought it whether with real money or gold doesn’t matter it cheapens having that item for everyone.

I’m not saying you’re wrong it is a preference thing we can make our points back and forth all day and we’ll never agree which is ok. Again I’m sorry it doesn’t have what you want but you have PoE and PoE2 coming so you have hope. I’m selfish and glad I have an ARPG that limits trade.

Best wishes.

4 Likes

This is one of those situations where people like that need saving from themselves.

Warcraft 3 has only a few hundred or thousand players and the servers are still running, and it’s a competitive game. There are even still tournaments going on with price money, just not official ones by Blizzard. They also throw out balance patches from time to time.

Also, their weak Reforged attempt.

So Warcraft 3 has a few thousand players at max and Diablo 2 is supposed to have 500.000? Doesn’t go into my head.

I am not poor. I have so much monies to spend on game and also RMT. Let’s go!

In my view, trading goes against the fundamental pillars of an A-RPG. It hurts the loot hunt, by making it easy to get the exact items you want, without finding them yourself.
And that is without even considering RMT.

Honestly, absolutely nothing in these games should be tradeable.

2 Likes

It doesn’t have to go into your head, but it’s the truth. Whether you are in denial or not, that is all you. I just gave the numbers that people ask for, I also have been playing Diablo 2 since release date on and off for the last 20 years so I know how big the community is.

Well we don’t know how many bots are there, but still there must be tons of actual players.

Since you’re an avid Diablo 2 player I believe you.
It’s just blowing my mind, I would have guessed maybe 10k people or something haha :smiley:

Yeah its pretty big for a 20 year old game, I would say it’s probably the biggest old game community out there. Most games just die and servers shut down etc.

A lot of players that hated D4, said they’ll just keep playing D2R until Diablo 5. Me I’m very happy with what I saw, much better than D3 and it feels to me like the game is finally going back to it’s roots.

But to make that complete, it needs a full open trade system like D2R. Where the economy is all player based. Item trading, selling, haggling etc.

I’ve heard Blizzard is gonna try some kind of trading up to rare or something? and personally I think the best solution would be to separate the players into trade and no trade, just like HC and SC.

2 Likes

100% this.
removing trade will only make sure the game dies.

2 Likes

Legendaries were tradable during the beta, whether or not you equipped them. The only thing that would bound them to you is if you upgraded them at the blacksmith.

I hope it stays that way.

1 Like

Um rune for War travelers would be scam, it would be at least 2 ist or maybe even much more.

Nah first day was playing at least 500k players of D2R which make it biggest player base of any ARPG. Last epoch is 18k, praised Poe 15k now 120k at ladder start.

Read my post again. Day 2 which was saturday morning my level 12 char was number 530 000 on leaderboards. What dont you understand? Mules are lvl 1 noone would ever level up mule. Bots are not even think yet you need first level char manualy then you can put gear on it.
Previous seasons was also like that and without bots. Last season was and still is swarmed by bots, which is shame. Blizzard need to fight them.

1 Like

Bots are always up, since day 1. Games been out over 20 years, despite the new coat of paint. Day 2 means nothing either, and multiple accounts with automation scripts can get an entire account of characters fast. Hackers hacked the game day 1 of closed alpha, which is a lot of the reason they nuked tcp ip, although their PR won’t let them admit it.

Imagine if they allowed full trade in D4. The chatbox would look like D2Rs lobby 24/7. As it is, it’ll probably still be pretty bad.

2 Likes

Unrestricted trade has far too many downsides. D4’s actually doing it right with different restrictions.

2 Likes

Nah I follow prices on JSP and first season the prices were very real and very high still 2 months of ladder for high runes on first season, there were no bots.
Last season prices droped very fast each day so bots take over but like after third day or so. Doesnt matter really D2R is still most played ARPG at this time. I dont know any 20 year old game which would have so loyal fanbase everyone must love D2R, except some casuals, the game is pretty deep and hard.

I like D4 but only sorc which reminds me D2 sorc feel.

Anyway I agree if D4 start and we will see chat spam for G2G day 2 for selling gold that will feel really bad.

I wish trading would work but I think too much trading would be bad for the game. It doesn’t even matter if people spend real money or not. The amount of forum gold currency in circulation from D2 players would essentially make them the richest players in the game and destroy the trading economy. You would only be able to trade for crappy gear unless you had a decent amount of forum gold to offer. It would essentially allow the richest players to buy power with fake money which in my opinion is worse than P2W because no real money may actually be involved. Sure, the most godliest of items would be sold with real money but that will be few and far between. There’s no need for trading since the items are not nearly as rare as Diablo 2 and you also have the smart loot system (love it or hate) which makes item finding easy. Too much trading early in the game’s lifespan would destroy the game.