UNLIMITED TRADING Please

They won’t. Because they have already seen what an auction house environment did to D3 and will never make that mistake again.

What they will likely end up doing it they do anything at all is unlimited trading with with people who were in your group at the time of an item dropping similar to WoW.

3 Likes

That was a real money auction house. Disingenuous argument. It’s like comparing WoW’s auction house to D3. Nonsensical. This is just one player trading with another player by exchanging items not money.

bUt tHiRd pArTy RmT sItEs

You can buy a bot on those for D3 too and become the most powerful player you want. Trading is not a variable to cheating for power.

5 Likes

So what happens when you find your third pair of war travelers in D3 (or comparable item). You just like salvage it? I really don’t know I beat that game once and never looked back.

In this situation D2, you would still get a little dopamine hit and be like Eh I can atleast pull an Um rune for this depending on what stats it rolled.

2 Likes

this site needs downvotes LUL

2 Likes

If you are familiar with WoW at all you know that the Auction House is a real money auction house in all but name because of the way gold works so spare me YOUR disingenuous arguments.

There will be no unlimited trading because the devs have learned their lesson. See you at launch though.

Ok, talking about wow classic AH. That’s what’s being asked for here. You keep trying to imply real money is being proposed. Which is a good sign. Just shows you have no argument and have to strawman mine.

1 Like

No it just means I know how the internet works and how the real world operates.

If you think that no real money would be involved if unlimited trading was implemented you are either incredibly naive or you are being purposely obtuse.

2 Likes

Then why are the best items in the game already tradable?

im not saying i dont believe it but do you have a source? thought blizzard stopped announcing numbers years ago.

seasons are terrible over there because half the players have years and years of accumulated unethical currency that doesnt wipe on ladder resets.

1 Like

I did not read all posts but I will give my 2 cents . I would like to have some sort of market place inside the game (a bit like Diablo Immortal) where you can trade items with an in-game currency (not something that you can buy outside game or even trade in game – a pure in-game currency that you only get by playing).

I surely does not want a currency like Diablo Immortal that allows someone to invest 1000s of dollars to get the items they want (or upgrade their items). That P2W is terrible, and that is the reason I will definitely not play DI ever after D4 comes alive.

When you can buy the stuff you want, it becomes truly unfair in PVP combat (especially if PVP occupies a large part of the game like in DI).

Unfortunately the direction they’ve gone with D4 it seems like trading will not even be necessary.

In D2R on my hardcore barb run last year, getting Ravenfrost was like critical. You had to get this item so you wouldn’t freeze lock and die. But the drop rate was tough, especially in like nightmare when you wanted it.

So what do you do? You trade for it. You hoarded your wealth and traded for runes until you had something worth a Ravenfrost.

This game, however, feels like that kind of stuff isn’t going to happen. This is a 6 button action basher. I highly doubt there is going to be a crucial class specific item that everyone uses.

1 Like

The numbers are on WoWhead. And you can use the leaderboards.

After the first three days of Diablo II: Resurrected’s Ladder Season, over 500,000 players have been ranked on the official leaderboards. Just two weeks ago, an official press release has unveiled that [Diablo II: Resurrected has sold over 5 million units]since launch last year. The following rounded numbers have been gathered by analyzing the in-game ladder option across all four game modes:

• Expansion Softcore: 450,000

• Expansion Hardcore: 35,000

• Classic Softcore: 13,000

• Classic Hardcore: 1,000

Path of Exile also has open trade on any item, and it’s done nothing but help the game.

We should have an 100% open trade system in Diablo. Player economies are a lot more healthy than Dev forced economies.

4 Likes

first season nice. dude said every season tho.

i’m sure ppl were excited at diving back in for first season as i was :wink:

then you realize there’s effectively no “clean slate” because jsp is still ruining the game.

*im surprised at that softcore vs hardcore difference. i dont even remember playing diablo2 on softcore ever. interesting.

The numbers have changed between seasons, but they have stayed mostly the same at about 450k. Even on the current season.

But yeah it’s the minority that plays on hardcore. But the open trading system, is extremely popular it has always been, since before Resurrected came along. It’s also the reason why a lot of people prefer D2 and POE over D3.

Says who? A random dude on the internet? Or the people who make the game?

Players or characters? I just can’t believe so many people are playing this game.

There would be much more press about the game and more people would stream and watch it.

ofc there’s “Total Members: 1,155,847” unethical diablo gamers over on jsp lol

doesnt make a good fresh game to allow all that accumulated no sink currency in. im sure theres about “Total Members: 1,155,847” ready to jump on me for saying that though :wink:

trading would be great without jsp. theyd just have to watch out for basic rmt that doesnt compound season after season. but since they obviously don’t have to power to shut it down (or they would have already), i’m inclined to think the only solution is ZERO trading whatsoever. Sadly.

No, the game would be infested with various RMT vermin. Anyone who thinks they will add open trade is deluding themselves, it’s not going to happen.

The people who made the real game in year 2,000 :wink:

1 Like

Unlimited trading is definitely the way to go. That much is clear. The only people disagreeing are a small minority of Diablo 3 players. And of course that game is just a dwindling population. We don’t want to repeat that here.

3 Likes

My brother asked me if I wanted to play some D3 to ‘scratch the beta itch’ until this comes out. We made it about 5 mins and said nah lets do D2R. Lol.

2 Likes