UNLIMITED TRADING Please

The first season had tons of actual players due to being both the first season, and due to 2.4 patch being good. However, there were bots. Ad bots plagued the game since open beta. However, bots exploded once Blizzard kept putting the game on sale, generally right after a banwave for cheating. Your precious jsp users were trading good ole fg for new accounts right after each one. At this point, D2R is an rmt scam to sell more copies to the crowd that peaked during the early 2000s, and refuse to turn to modern era of making money playing videogames.

The JSP is overrated, at peak it has like 2000 users meanwhile D4 will be played by milions and majority on console by casuals which never heard anything about jsp. Even this forum is half dead and has such low views and traffic in comparison that milion allready preorder D4. There might be some jsp whales but chance they will be like 0.1 % and you will never meet them.

I hate how JSP allows using power and wealth gained from other games or seasons to use in a refreshed economy of another game. But I also love trading. It’s my prime motivator for end game.

Blizzard could solve the JSP problem overnight by creating their own version of it. With a currency that resets every season. It would be extremely popular and JSP would dwindle down to nothingness. One of the reasons it is so successful, and thus people can get so wealthy using it, is because it is the best way to trade. All Blizzard has to do is replicate that.

So the ball is in Blizzard’s court. Eliminating trade is certainly not the answer when there are already solutions to this problem they could implement.

1 Like

Simple solution would be to make auction, you can make official forum trade center for milions of players that would be mess.

Diablo Immortal IAP revenue worldwide 2022

The latest installment in the Diablo franchise is available on PC and mobile, and generated almost 100 million U.S. dollars through IAP revenues since its release, making it a financial success for Blizzard.

Not sure I’m going to sleep sad with 100 million.

Immortal is only for mobile zombies aka ppl which dont play games on pc or consoles. Every normal player hate immortal with passion, Blizzard has to says many times that D4 will not have any pay to win features to calm the fans down.
Imho Blizzard regrets to releasing Immortal it was so close to destoying their reputation and good image. 10 years ago everyone just love Blizzard and would buy any game from them. That times are long time gone I quess they lost that.

While I dont disagree with you, money talks. If hordes of people are willing to pay 100 millions dollars for a game that “normal” players hate it still made a crap load of money. Blizzard just rehashed that same designs into D4 to get those 100 million dollar paying customer to this game.

If you play Diablo Immortal, you support an industry where game achievements are partly or fully paid for with real money. Is that a future of gaming you wanna support?

If all AAA games in future are P2W, i will quit video games then and there. If the world really is this degenerate, they deserve the consequences of their choice to support this vile concept.

3 Likes

Devs have already stated multiple times that the preferred method to get loot is playing the game. Good luck convincing them otherwise. With how quickly gold started to be traded in large amounts in the beta on that site and others I fully expect they are going to drop the hammer on that in some way. Just the thought of all the salty tears when that happens brings a smile to my face.

Oh no I haven’t ever played diablo immortal. What I’m saying is people complaining about it when it is hugely successful and blizz will make games to the ones who are willing to spend money.

Which also includes that Blizz was a PC company and now makes multi platform games that ruin the PC experience.

Well of course, that’s where all loot comes from. But with a trading system, when you go after a very rare item, your efforts aren’t fruitless day after day. That can become very frustrating for players. Instead you get a lot of other drops you can trade for the item you were looking for. It is a de facto forgiveness system. Not having it is why games like Diablo 3 end up with raining legendaries. Players won’t put up with fruitless grinds for items that are rare.

And having trade is why games like POE have players reduced to mindless grinding for spare change from the best DIV producing areas to finance( not find) their next upgrade. BORING and STUPID. You want PaytoWin and a FG piggy bank to carry over season to season, stick to D2/D2R.

I don’t want pay to win. The fact you seem to be accusing me of that just shows you have no actual argument. You can pay to win in non-trading Diablo games like Diablo 3. The absolute decimation of the leaderboards every time there is a banwave illustrates that.

Cheating and cheaters are the problem. Not trade.

It seems to have been significantly less successful than D3. Tbh the jury is still out in how successful DI is going to be.

Rares and from this game will be traded on D2JSP. Pointless to restrict any other items because Rares are the end game.

Then why is there full trade on pretty much all of these games outside of D3? I think the collective number of devs that disagree with you makes you wrong.

The best items are tradable. 0 reason to not open up the rest of the items to trade at this point.

Not if Blizzard would put in the work that indy devs have and make their own trade site or auction house for gold or other currency that resets each season.

You gotta get loot to trade for loot.

it would make the game pay to win and no one wants that

My vote is for no trading, play the game, get gear, have fun doing it.

3 Likes

I dont really mind trading but opening trading valves might be detrimental for the game. I think what they need to do is look at the state of the game after release and tweak trading accordingly. If they give us full on trading it will be really hard to take it back later.

Taking trading out of the game only hurts the players. If you find an item that’s got great stats but it’s not for your build/class then that instantly devalues your drops. It makes it so that only the drops for your specific build are worth anything. You can’t use that time farming items and find good items to trade for something else that works for your build. You can’t as easily farm stuff to trade for your alts builds. RMT is always going to exist and it’s annoying because Blizzard is just going to continue to punish the players with limiting trade, eventually there will be a question of whether or not gold should be tradable too.

To have “10000” hours in d2 and not understand how bots still affect you is crazy to me. So your basically telling me you never traded? Guess what happens when bots/dupes inflate the economy with gear/runes. It drives the price down for those items. Meaning all the gear you are trading for is worth less, making it easier to acquire, making your progression faster.
Just because you don’t see or might not care about competitive aspect of ladder/seasons doesn’t mean others don’t. Just because you might not buy from 3rd party sights doesn’t mean others wont.
Rares and gold are already to much trading and will create rmt. I hope they go with no trading. Maybe allow it to be traded with people who were in party with you while it dropped.

7 Likes