Unfortunately the game is boring

Are you complaining about a gameplay loop that is in every ARPG and has rarely ever deviated from it?

It’s not though… If you think it is. You’re very dumb

These are the passives of milestones during the seasons. Everything we currently have is catered to seasonal passive tree (Which is a confirmed thing)

" The Battle Pass awards free Season Boosts. Boosts accelerate players’ progress for the duration of the Season. For example, a Season Boost might accelerate XP earned to make leveling multiple characters within a season faster. Because they affect gameplay, Season Boosts are free rewards for all players. We want to be clear that players can’t unlock Season Boosts more quickly through purchases–there is no way to unlock more boosts, or boosts at a faster pace, by spending money.

Players can purchase Tiers-but they won’t speed up getting Season Boosts."

Just need more to do past 70 and more acquisition of upgrades. Things to chase. You can do it Blizzard, come on.

How isnt it? Go ahead… i’ll wait…

Cause all ARPGs are grind for hundreds of hours in the same few areas to get slightly faster times every so often.
Chris Wilson even stated POE2 is going to be changed to be more welcoming of a new audience. So expect it to have the same issues. He even hinted that bosses will be more cinematic instead of speed killing for it…

Alkaiser covered it with Quin recently

No I get that and I do understand the way seasons work, I played D3, however in D3 I could choose to hop in play the season journey and such in afew days and either drop back to normal realm or stay with seasonal char if the mechanic was fun ( some were some not ). Unless the xp boost is really big in the season spending 200+ hours to get a char to level 100 is just not appealing.

1-100 in Diablo 2 was the same way… once you hit about 89 it hit hard stop. It was slowed a lot after about 80 in that as well.

People legit hated D3 because of how fast you leveled. So it makes sense that its about 130-200 hours (which they announced would be the time it would take way before launch)

Different grind. I know simpletons like to classify everything together. But grind in d4 does not equal grind in Poe or d2

You didnt explain how its different.
Maps(poe) / Nightmare(d4) / Dungeons (d2) are the literal same thing
You just do these until you are bored with the season/ladder/grinding.
All 3 have a soft cap on gear, that after you hit it, its very slow and marginal, and that takes about the same amount of time in all 3 games. About 40-50 hours in it basically smacks into a wall. (if you make the right build in all of them that is even faster)

All 3 have a “pinnacle” boss. D2 has a few, poe has a few, we are getting more in D4 in the coming 2 seasons (confirmed)

POE has a cool mix up with league mechanics… which have all been terrible and ignorable for the last year or so.

The only difference is that in D2 and POE you can RMT to make money.

Rushed ? Mate, they made a slow leveling game with the feeling of no progress

No set item …
No specific item , just farm to get that 0.1% more crit…

Scaling npc… There is no Rpg with Scaling monsters because it’s literally a a failure …

Like you said …Endgame … How the 100 lvl is different from 20 lvl with the scaling you always get the feeling like no matter how you lvl or gear up in leveling area 1-99 lvl …it’s the same …

Unique items are few and the drop are abyssal low . Not talking about not getting something that you want despite playing 200 hours…
Bad rng…bad design it’s a failure and i see with me and majority of Bnet friends…15+ 1st 2 weeks 1 Guy (Tomme) logged today . 1 guy entire Day in a brand new game …Talk about failure…
Yes marketing was successful

For me …i already quit (Second week didn’t even log , because it feel just a cheap version of many good games ) .

3 Likes

Seasons are a staple of arpgs…but like this one lacks the carrot on the stick for seasons. Imo

I would ignore any person that blames the player not the game that clearly objectively lacks end game. No one thinks o wow diablo 4 is sooooo amazing past lvl 80.

Ignore any player that shills for blizzard

2 Likes
  • Subpar build diversity, especially when you try to push NM.
  • The openworld model itself. It’s too big, filled with copy pasted events (that are boring af btw) and collectibles. I dread to make a reroll because I will have to rediscover the god awful map and some of its secrets.
  • The gameplay itself. They did not innovate, like at all. PoE has some crazy builds with unique playstyles (like Righteous Fire) but D4 ? Very basic stuff.

Ngl, I’m hoping the majority population of new people leave.

They have made this game and forum toxic as hell wanting things their way.

You know those scenes in Lord of the Rings where it’s just Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli running across beautiful scenery for a few minutes?

Imagine that for 80 hours straight and you’ve got the quintessential D4 experience.

1 Like

Lol - I understand. I am trying to engage everyone in a conversation about what specifically could be improved. I’m as critical as anyone else right now.

the class skills are kind of lackluster, they dont have the same impact as d3. also i miss RIFTS and GR progression :frowning:

Well. Trading is a big thing.

And the itemization,. Which I’ve discussed in many many posts

@chicagotalkshowhost on YT is right.

One of the best things about this game is it makes for a wonderful sleep-aid.

2 Likes

None (!) of my friends is playing anymore.

• itemization is extremely (!) bad. How can anyone like it is beyond me.
  • no social aspects, pretty much zero partyplay. It is basically a single player MMO.
  • variety of endgame activities. Tree of whispers, etc feel extremely limited and boring.

PS: The build variety is very bad as well. There are not even a handful of builds that are really good. On top of that, you are forced to play the game like the devs want to (e.g. CC effects counter).