Unable to launch Game

Same problem starting to make me a bit sad.

Hey all,

There are over a dozen reasons why this might happen, unfortunately, and we wouldn’t be able to troubleshoot all of these in one thread.

My best advice to you all if this is happening is to check the troubleshooting for your error on this thread:

If it doesn’t help, you’d want to follow the instructions at the bottom of the post to submit a ticket or create a thread of your own.

I have same problem. Logo screen start. Freezes. I have 3080TI 16gb ram I9 processor. I installed latest drivers. Restarted a few times. Nothing is fixing it.

Well I had BN scan the files and then started the game. I got past the logo screen and into the line then waited about a minute then it said I was logging into D4 and it just sat there. Come on Blizzard this is BS

What if it only crashes/freeze when it gets to logging into Diablo 4? Repairing/latest drivers/high end.
Created ticketUS92044456 as nothing works

same problem, starting to make me feel disappointed.

EDITED :smile:
After tried everything including re-installing the game, re-locating the folder etc. i re-installed the NVIDA drivers and so far i’m playing the game.

NVDIA RTX 2080 notebook

Exact same issue. This has to be on blizzards end right? Since the game starts and puts us in a queue then goes to log in then freezes.

I don’t feel like trying every single ‘troubleshoot’ when the issue isn’t with the computer

its the same issues they had with server slam and they never even adressed even though thousands couldnt even play the game… what a cluster.

I believe so. I played the first beta but not the second and it was fine. My son is playing right now and we are talking on discord but I can’t get in.

Played the first BETA then had this issue on the second. Clearly something blizzard did so disappointing. Will I be refunded seeing I can not access the game?

I reinstalled the game from my D drive brand new NVME to an SSD it seems to launch properly with no freezes and login…why does the hard drive matter?

1 Like

I did all of the common tech issues and solutions nothing worked. This has been the same problem as the server slam. I played the other 2 betas and no problems till server slam and its still the same problem as now.

Windows 11
everything up to date Drivers and windows
RTX 3090
M.2 Nvme 2TB SSD
i9-12900KF 3.19
64 GB ram
I only have 1 Drive and it works for every other thing out here.

Same issue here. Can’t get past the intro logo due to freezing, but if I click right away it skips through the logos to the login screen and freezes there instead. Had no issues during the beta. Any help?

1 Like

exact same thing im having. grrr

Add my name to the growing list of people that moved the installation off of my fast nvme to my old ssd drive and it ran perfectly first try after 2 1/2 hours of failed attempts on the nvme

What if you only have a nvme? This is ridiculous. It ran fine for me on server slam

I am having this problem as well. Blizzard please comment on this, it was working just fine on beta…

One tip, when you click to launch the game, keep spamming the ESC and Mouse Buttons, to skip the logo. This worked for me

I have an interesting variation on the same issue.

If I run the game in default full screen, I get a grey screen, then a black screen, then it crashes out of the game before any logo screen.

If I run the game windowed, and it’s the window on top of everything else, same as above.

If I run the game windowed, but while the game loads I keep another window active (click on it or move it with the mouse), then the game continues to run in the background! I see both logo screens, it connects to server, and goes all the way to the character select screen. It will stay running too, until I click on or anywhere in the game window, then it immediately crashes!?!?

Submitted a ticket too, but we’ll see if there’s actually a fix or if I’m just refunding.

PC’s above the min specs, and it ran the Server Slam weekend version of the game with no issues whatsoever.

I’ve tried reinstalling on different drives, with or without the high res assets, running as administrator and anything else anyone’s recommended on here. Argh.

3 Likes

Wow, they didn’t addressed the same Server Slam issue in the early launch of the game?
Bravo!

This worked!

“Go to your Documents directory - Diblo IV - find the following file LocalPrefs and modify the line DisableChromaEffects “0” to say DisableChromaEffects “1” save the file and try and start up the game again.”