Twisting Blades modifier CD reset bug

This game went from fun to stressful real quick because of this. Isn’t the point of a game to be fun? sure some challenges and there was, but this is bad. why would I even consider rerolling or playing another class if they will just end up doing it to them. I would refund if I could for sure.

3 Likes

So the design team looked into it – just a quick note from them below.

A note from them:

Previously Advanced Twisting Blades was granting its maximum Cooldown reduction for each of its casts while hitting far fewer targets than intended. After the latest bug fix the amount of Cooldown reduction per target hit, as well as the maximum Cooldown reduction per cast of Twisting Blades, matches its tooltip.

• There has been no change in Advanced Twisting Blades’ interaction with Bladedancer’s Aspect. There’s an intentional lack of synergy as they both activate when Twisting Blades returns.
  • There is no cap to how much Cooldown reduction a single Skill can gain from Advanced Twisting Blades while it is recharging. Additional casts of Twisting Blades hitting many targets will continue to reduce a Skill’s Cooldown.
  • We are investigating concerns of Twisting Blades failing to return to the player and not granting any of its Cooldown reduction.
7 Likes

well thanks for finally responding, and no, TB is not reseting anything atm, if what you’re saying is correct then it is 100% bugged, we dont have any CDR atm, fix asap plz.

edit: guys, what Pezradar meant with “intentional lack of synergy between Advanced TB and BD” is that the orbiting blades wont be reseting any CDs anymore, meaning: if we have to reset cds on rogue we have to get a pack of enemies in a line and dash through them so the returning blades resets the cooldowns and its only 2s, which is bunkers really cause depending on the nightmare dungeon affix you wont be able to facetank any pack of elites to line them up so you can dash through.

so PezRadar, can you please tell the design team that they ruined the class completely?
rogue’s dash applies slow for 3s and daze for 2s if enemies are already slowed, these 2 are utterly useless cause twisting blades takes 1.5s to return :), so we have 0.5s to use the modifiers on our items “dmg to slowed or crowd controlled” enemies, we dont have any crowd control that is actually useable anymore if we dont have CDR.

it is mindblowing, you are saying “the design team” looked into it, like MULTIPLE designers looked into the issue and thats what they came up with? did they have a deadline of 1 and half minute to come up with something? smh, designin a class then 5-6 days after releasing the game they ruin the classes they designed and render them unplayable.

10 Likes

So then can the nerf be reverted considering it was done before that bug was fixed and the bug was obviously affecting power?

12 Likes

yea just tried, got a massive pack setup in a hallway and put a ton of TB into a target to then dash away from them all so all the TB would go through them. Looked like the most CD on skills i could get was 2s. Almost as if only a single TB returns and gives the CD, not each you put into a target

as in: based on the amount of TB i had in the initial target i would have expected at least 6seconds of my CDs not just the 2s i saw

7 Likes

ok so it is bugged. praise jesus

no cap for cdr is music to my ears

2 Likes

Even if they are returning they don’t give any CDR. And if it’s intended that the CDR is not even noticeable, just reverse the nerf please.

I just tried to grind some other items for another build and it’s so boring now with these cooldowns on the mobility spells. I could play a Druid and it would make the same fun… yep, 0.

This class is lacking mobility now. For me… this is a reason to quit the game.

7 Likes

Dont want to be that guy but compared to yesterday after the early morning hotfix and today, the cdr from tb is working. Remember that we now only get .1 vs the .25 back per enemy but that wasnt the case yesterday when it would seem like no cdr was happening at all.

1 Like

It’s not even noticeable with a big group of monsters. The gameplay now is not fluid at all. It feels like after each jump my Rogue breaks his legs.

This class needs mobility how it was before, otherwise I can just play a facetank class which is damn boring.

3 Likes

Nope, he’s saying it WAS bugged to give too much cdr, so the bugfix is a double wammy, now it’s nerfed AND ‘bugfix’ nerfed.

2 Likes

The fact you guys nerfed the skill to the ground before addressing the bug is concerning, I would be reverting back to the original 1 second CDR per enemy traveled through MAX 2 CDR now that the bug is fixed to see what its like then hotfix it down from there. If the team cant handle balancing Advanced Twisting blades properly, delete it and put energy refund in its place so we can at least use preparation and figure it out from there.

9 Likes

yes the 0.1 is practically nothing please turn it back to 0.25 currently once we use our movement skills the crd reduction dosent help it is soo hard to get 20 enemies in a line. in most cases in a group of 20 we only hit 7-4 of them. the no cap part dosent help either because if we can hit more than 20 enemies the line they make will go farther than we can move before twisting blades returns.

10 Likes

Now revert unwarranted nerfs.

8 Likes

Just delete the skill, if it works “correctly”… Luckily im not playing Hardcore…

EDIT: Forogt sth… Barb Dmg is okay yeah? Just right click and one shot everything? I dont understand that balancing. If it is WoW, Diablo, whatever… Just dont destroy fun classes all the time! Buff the ones feeling bad…

4 Likes

If a skill should give CDR and the community thinks it is a bug + the CDR is not even noticeable… the balance team should think what they did wrong. Everything.

Sorry but this nerf is ridiculous.

11 Likes

Pls do us a favor and revert it . Everybody hates the change , it feels terrible and there are much stronger builds out there.

14 Likes

Am I reading this wrong? There is no cap. Not, there was no cap. Meaning the way it’s intended to work, there is no cap.

Feels like they dont even know themselves how it should work…

5 Likes

I believe the point here is that a single (external) skill does not have a cap of CD from (multiple casts of) Twisting Blades, e.g. you can cast Twisting Blades 20 times and have Death Trap potentially reduced 40 seconds (theoretically if this no cdr bug is solved).

I’m sure most of us here waiting for the bug fix know already this is how it works though.

Edited: posted the wrong draft

1 Like

Lack of synergy with the legendary makes sense if that would be too powerful, but is the lack of synergy for shadow clone also intentional? Would you guys ever consider looking at that again for twisting blades?
Currently death trap eclipses the other ultimates and makes them feel lackluster in comparison. This makes one of the three class mechanics (Preparation specialization) relatively worthless.
Would be really cool if shadow clone at least generated another twisting blades projectile that returned to you or the clone, even if it didn’t gain the bladedancer aspect effect!

2 Likes