They absolutely nuked barb according to Rob

Can’t he still get enormous health and regeneration?
He shouldn’t be the strongest in terms of damage.

This is very disappointing.

That being said, sounds like sorc will be flavor of the season (S5) and I’m fine with that, but they should not nerf barb so hard, that’s a move in the wrong direction .

1 Like

If those Key Passive nerfs are real, holy crap. They really just don’t want anyone to play a Barbarian. I figured they would cap Critical Strike Damage contribution on Gushing Wounds, but Unbridled was already pretty terrible now at 100% and 100% more Fury. Unconstrained was a default for every non GW build and now - lol wow. x100% to x35%? WA was rarely taken partially because of how hard it was to even activate the bonus unless you ran IM (which is still like F Tier in S5).

Nerfing Damage to Close is hilarious. Should just take out everything except for Damage% at this point as there isn’t any variety with the number they capped it at.

Lol. They weren’t buffed where it matters. They will still be second class.

Rogue is the only class that can remotely challenge barbs for top spot before or after S5 and they will most likely be second still after barbs get over their shock and figure it out.

4 Likes

Barely a dent? Lol. Dude, the only Barbarian builds that were performing so well were Gushing Wounds and primarily Flay/Bash converted to Bleed with Berserk Ripping. S5 opened up Deathblow and Rupture spam being crazy.

By nerfing everything across the board for Barbarian, they did nothing to Balance what was broken they just made insane builds B-Tier and every other build unusable.

5 Likes

You are actually at Blizzard’s level of math, my god

1 Like

Deathblow build sucked before nerf, now it’s straight up not viable lol

1 Like

In the sorcerers thread they have already posted a “double boost” of only 16 to 20%… This is not even a joke. It’s more of a satire.

I agree - I get adjusting Gushing Wounds for instance but why hit this stuff too? It’s just like what they did with sorc. Fix infinite flame shield, then nerf the sh*t out of their other defensive skills for what I can only assume is “just in case”.

1 Like

insert meme, the first ship is away !! starwars meme

good, nerf em till there at sorc level

As funny as this is, and it is :joy:, I have not seen anything addressing what leads to the broken builds being broken…so he is probably right until we see otherwise.

Anyone playing S5 is ‘nerfed’ mentally at this point.

2 Likes

Who’s Rob?

1 Like

Well, barbarians definitely need to be reined in. They were far and away the best class in the game. But wouldn’t surprise me if they were completely beaten into the ground with the nerf bat. Blizzard regularly overreacts in these situations.

If the Barbarian is in gutter at season 5 launch, hopefully they’ll get some mid-season love to pull them up to somewhere reasonable.

I’m not surprised at all,Barb in D3 was aweful for years after they canned Jay. Barb forever I’ll play it anyways. Really depends on what the new gear offers.

Correct me if im wrong but deathblow isnt viable in s4 right? Hota is also only used as a damage-buff skill to make bash stronger (support skill for bash).

Hota damage doesn’t do much this season,i think its more a support skill atm. I use it on my ancient build for support/stagger. I don’t use a basic skill at all in the build.

What is this Eternal thing you speak of?

2 Likes

No, they won’t. They won’t even be able to clear Pit 120s if these changes go through.

I’m not sure what they are using for a benchmark for Barb,if it’s the broken Bash build lol we are doomed.