They absolutely nuked barb according to Rob

There are many changes they have made since the ptr, and they heavily nerfed barb here are some examples

Barb S5 Changes Base / Skills
Reduced Main Stat Damage Increase compared to other classes
Key Passives

• Unconstraint nerfed to 35%
  • Walking Arnsenal from 12% to 8% / Bonus Damage with all 3 from 20% to 10% / Attack Speed from 20% to 10%
  • Unbridled Raged down from 100% to 45%
  • Gushing Wounds chance equal to your CHC to increase the amount by 70%x, then by 100%+ of your CHD. Overpowering inflics 120% Bleed over 5s (up from 85%).

Tempering

• Bash Temper reduced by 80% (105% to 20%)
  • Protection temper for barb removed.
  • imposing presence down to 5%
  • close damage temper nerfed from 85% to 55%
11 Likes

Pffffttt… LoL… Still will be doing Billions of damage.

14 Likes

Actually, right now on live Barb does not have the top build, given that sorc is getting buffed by 80% across the board, barb will be for those who did not read the patch notes.

1 Like

In other news Crayola has projected a massive drop in sales in Q3 & Q4 of 2024. :hamster: :popcorn:

6 Likes

Getting really tired of these massive swing in changes every major update.

29 Likes

Why did rogues get more buffs? And sorcs 2x buffs??? Sorc not even a class :frowning:

Necro lucky hit chance? lol ok…

Barb frenzy, ok…

Sounds like yawn to me. I’ll need to see the full notes.

1 Like

They nerfed Druid to the ground, and now they are nerfing the Barb to the ground? WW better be viable cause I am not playing that boring slow flay build.

1 Like

There is no middle ground with the nerfs. When a build is Meta in a season, expect it to be unplayable in the next season. A few lucky builds might get two seasons to shine before they completely remove it as an option. This frustrates me.

28 Likes

This is a real problem IMHO.

They can’t be reinventing the wheel ALL the time. It really disrupts stability for the eternal players. Minor changes here and there is always expected.

An occasional complete rework, but man some of the changes that occur each season really is unrecognizable relative to prior seasons or post that season. LOL.

30 Likes

Me too. Been saying in the forums every chance I get. The swing meta garbage needs to go. They need to get builds and classes close. Within 10%. Then they need to do minor tweaks to keep them there. Then people could play what they want truly. Enough of the chainsaw and axes to the balance. More precision scalpels

18 Likes

Well it was a nice pipe dream that there might be one class in D4 that wasn’t trash…can’t have them outshining the New HS, the Spiritborn, though, am I right?!?

11 Likes

I wonder if this is an A or B team issue.

1 Like

Yep. Its not just barb its all classes. They dont know how to balance the game nor where the baseline is.

If something is used this season it will be shattered with blizzards nerf hammer. It really is flavor of the month which is sold as “something new” id rather choose what I wana play. FO will be nerfed into the ground just like metero was and BL.

8 Likes

Why nerf, just bring other classes up to par. You can nerf the broken stuff,but overall nerfs are not good. Breaks every build.

6 Likes

I’m seeing a lot of chatter online about Barb. Mostly “don’t play barb in S5”. It seems they really did bury the class. But what happened to “we want to bring the other classes up to Barbarian” ?

3 Likes

problem is these are just numerical changes. Expect the balance to be out of whack when they tune the numbers again. Kinda disapointed by the leaks, it all feels still out of touch with the real problems some classes have, like sorc enchant system.
I fear this will mask the real problem again.

But its correct to bring barb down, if they brought all to barbs level before this change, the whole game would be a joke. More then its already is.

8 Likes

It’s whatever. We’ll adapt and overcome. No crybabies in this class.

1 Like

There’s probably some bug that they will miss and barb will end up broken again. If not barb, it’ll be a different flavor of the month.

Time to NOT HOARD ALL OTHER ITEMS FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF WHAT CAN BE UNBURDENED BY WHAT HAS BEEN

1 Like

Flay still hit for 450million per hit in ptr did it not?

1 Like

They are buffing the other classes up in S5, but they’re also nerfing Barb at the same time. So Barbs get the double dip

1 Like