The White Knighting has to stop

Do you guys not understand that criticism is good for the game? If you’ve ever been around a WoW forum during BFA or Shadowlands, you’d see the effects of people overzealously defending a game w/o acknowledging its flaws. People will actually leave, and by the time anything is done it might be too late.

We’re not against you having fun with the game. We just want game companies to do better because we deserve better. Give them no reason to change and soon every company will be like EA and Activision.

Edit: Because so many people are confusing my use of the term, white knighting does not refer to someone who’s spreading positivity about the game. You’re having fun? That’s great! We want you to have fun. The problem is the people being downright condescending towards anyone who isn’t having fun, the people who dismiss any criticism of the game because “well I’m having fun”.

279 Likes

Your definition of white knighting is quite erroneous :smiley:

And if u want to get rid of white knights, You just gotta stop attacking the game =o

its just a natural reaction that happens

And its provoked by the attacks , if u dont want to see white knights, then stop with the attacks :smiley:

29 Likes

Your definition of an attack is quite erroneous. If anything that criticizes the game is considered an attack by you, you’re missing the point of the post.

102 Likes

Pointless critics, that are unrealist demands/expectations , will always create white knightning , Because of your lack of understand of the Development reality of a game =)

14 Likes

Why is it then that years ago games were of much higher quality. They came out complete, had an endgame, and didn’t have ridiculous monetization. There’s games in the modern day that do this well, you just fail to acknowledge them.

37 Likes

WTF why does it have to be a white knight? The black knight is cooler and green night a close second. F that white knight and the donkey he rode in on.

6 Likes

Spent all day not playing, felt great, uninstalled after patch being announced, decided to go check the forums for 30 minutes, so god forbid I look for a few minutes….looking at you white knighters “bUt WHy ArE YoU HeRe?”…case in point, people will quit, I’m one of them

33 Likes

Quality of a game, is highly subjective to your own perspective

Why are you not playing any of all your better games right now?

Cause, over time, every game, every mechanism gets old

Then, a big issue, that a lot of D4 haters have, is that they all play META, they all rush thru XP , and they all want to be the most powerful the fastest possible

That’s killing half the game right there, Then who is it to blame? The players, or The Developpers?

12 Likes

You hit the nail on the head John

18 Likes

Do you people think you are collaborating with Blizz on this game? Ego……

6 Likes

But why are you here? If the game is not good enough for you?

Help yourself, and find your better game , For godsake

The game doesnt belong to you

Call me a white knight or whatever :slight_smile:

At least i’m a knight :smiley:

10 Likes

Exxy, I just want you to know that you are the exact type of person that will lead to the downfall of this game.

39 Likes

Games fine. Working as advertised.

8 Likes

But you make no sense there

What downfall are you talking about? You’re saying constantly that this game is crap?

How could it go lower?

Then start from the point, that the game is ok/decent, Then it can only improve? :slight_smile:

So be positive, And polish my white shiny armor please? Ill pay you with hard earned gold ! :smiley: A Few Ecu’s!

5 Likes

I am playing other games, thanks for caring, I am also curious to see how this gene is going because I did spend my own time playing it when it wasn’t so shiit, who are you to dictate how I spend my time?

3 Likes

There were hundreds if not thousands of you on the WoW forums and in the WoW community. They defended Blizzard for every bad move they made in both BFA and Shadowlands. Now the game feels emptier than ever despite having an amazing expansion.

Expect the same to happen with this game if you guys continue defending poor game design

21 Likes

Its weird because you feel like you need to defend your purchase and time you spent in a game from people who have a different opinion than you.

solution? stop being weird

10 Likes

People can say what they want. You’re able to post this so they’re able to post what they want. If what they’re saying has to stop then what you’re saying has to stop.

You don’t get to have an opinion while denying others that same right

16 Likes

I just played for 3 hours and seen maybe 2 people out and about and 5 in town. Went to a legion and maybe saw 4. Could be because im still on WT II though.

I get your point, but we’ve seen how a community composed of white knights works out in the past. It never turns out good for the game or the community.

6 Likes