Explode on death is not fun

I have so many assumptions about you that if i wrote them i would get a suspension from the forum, enjoy your skillful UNFUN game, emphasis on UNFUN because that was the OP’s topic :person_facepalming:

1 Like

op is right

way tooooo many exploding things in D4! PERIOD

4 Likes

Yep, at this point like horses its actually a meme

I really doubt people complaining about this topic are actually concerned with fun.

What is more likely is they want the game to meet their expectation of difficulty because they can’t handle the baseline. Rather than put in an effort to adapt they would rather cry and complain on the forums and selfishly “try” to ruin it for people that enjoy the current level of difficulty the game has to offer.

If people aren’t having fun because they do not want to modify the way they play the game to compensate for their mistakes then they shouldn’t play ARPGs. One of the great things about an ARPG is that if players hit a wall they can choose to make an effort to get better at the game or overcome it with gear and build changes.

If they aren’t going to make an effort to change anything about how they engage with an obstacle maybe games meant to provide some level of difficulty in general aren’t for them. They should go play something like farmville or a mobile game where difficulty won’t be an issue.

If the devs do ultimately choose to address on death effects then my opinion is that it should only be to reinforce telegraphs and at the most slow down the animations but I wholeheartedly disagree with lowering the damage or total removal. If players with zero defensive stats can tank an on death mechanic with a slow charge up animation then the mechanic is simply just pointless.

1 Like

the amount of crap on the ground in general has become pretty annoying, stormbanes wrath, lightning bubble and shade are all just not fun to run in addition to all the poo on floor effects

I like that they added an evade mechanic but that won’t do jack when they whole floor is lava in a corridor

relevant…

1 Like

Imagine being so stupid you think there is an endgame in d4? Enjoying on death mechanics is icing on the moron-cake.

A five-year-old can play the game, “on death” mechanics are not interesting or complex design.

New players are so clueless.

2 Likes

And the award for dumbest post of the week AND most narcissistic at the same time!

2 Likes

I don’t think it is the mechanic that is the issue, but rather the number of monsters that do it.

I still am no quite sure if it is too many monsters with the explode on death, or not a high enough variety of monsters, so it’s that same dude every time.

It is either that or goo on the ground.

The other issue is that it isn’t always obvious if it is friendly (your goo) or enemy goo. So I find myself moving away just in case.

There is also some jank delay on them dying and the loot dropping, so I feel like I have to wait around for a sec after each pack.

I’m almost of the opinion that NMDs should just drop the loot at the end like GRs did. I know that will anger some folks, turning NMDs into basically GRs, but as long as I’m having to duck out after every kill, or waiting around for loot to drop… that’s my opinion and I’m sticking with it.

4 Likes

Blizz hates melee since ever.
Most wow and diablo mechanics are anti-melee.
Freeze on hit, exploding monsters, poison pools, fire waves fire explode…
Like almost all mechanics except suppressor are antimelee.

2 Likes

A Bloated Corpsefiend, that’s Fire & Poison enchanted, inside a NM dungeon with Death Pulse literally exploding four times when it dies is bad game design. You copy-pasting a build from Maxroll and thinking you’re good at the game because you can tank the damage in world tier 3, doesn’t change the fact that it’s bad game design either.

You can have your mindless, brainlet takes all you want, but don’t get upset when half the people in the thread call out your BS.

1 Like

Just need to dance a little more, spam that dodge hehe

this, exactly, 20chars

Indeed

Well, some monsters explode on death baseline, but the real problem is that all Fire and Poison enchanted monsters explode regardless of type. And don’t even get me started on Death Pulse.

I guess my point is that the mechanic is overused. Regardless of type/affix.

So when it feels like every other pull, or every third pull has a mob that explodes…it just makes it feel like it is happening non-stop.

5 Likes

Skill canyon gap sounds like the issue here.

What does skill have to do with fun? Is standing around, waiting for the pack of elites you killed to explode 7 times before you loot them, skillful? I guess so, because you’re not getting hit. But is that fun? I don’t think it is, and judging by how common this complaint is, I’m clearly not alone.

2 Likes

We all loved those little dolls in ActIII d2, in fact we solo farmed them all. the. time.

Right?

You guys know that Diablo 4 is not a hard game, right? I can’t help but laugh at all these out of touch “git gud” replies.

The only difficult challenge in D4 is keeping it installed on your hard drive for more than a month.

4 Likes