The reactions on Necro nerfs are hilarious to read and watch on stream

• Pretty sure they mean “Play your way” as long as its balanced.
  • Are you kidding me? The Necro was the first class I ever played in Diablo 2 20 years ago and never did he have an army of invincible skeletons. I remember fighting Andariel and she would literally 1 shot my Skellies with her poison nova.

The rest is literally TL DR; your argument broke in the first 2 points.

1 Like

Watching Assmongold at all was your first mistake.

4 Likes

they were expecting to be able to faceroll in the same way they did 6 weeks ago

I still faceroll the same way I did 6 weeks ago, because I played pure caster Necro with the summons dismissed then, and I’m playing the same way now. Having said that, minions are garbage now.

FYI, there are no “serious skill issues” to be had here. This isn’t a Souls-like game or a competitive MOBA. In this beta, nothing is mechanically intensive, and it’s rather telling that you think it could be.

3 Likes

The minions in the previous beta’s were OP, no doubt about that. We also had drastically increased drop rates where we had all legendaries buffing them through the roof. Now they nerfed the minions and have made legendary drops practically non-existent - double whammy.

3 Likes

No one’s “bothered” by the pet playstyle. People are bothered that they don’t have minions that outdo other classes in damage and are literally unkillable anymore, though.

They shouldn’t have done a single bit of balancing based on limited “beta” testing, when you’re capped at such a low level. These people complaining about a class at level 30 being “OP” have literally no idea how they will perform at max level in comparison to other classes/builds.
Now perhaps this nerf was in relation to feedback from the full beta version and not the limited beta but it’s really not a good look that the balance tuning occurred after the limited betas (which necro/sorc got the most cries for nerfs) and just before the server slam. None of this really gives me hope for how balancing will be handled after release.

Anyone who thinks necromancer pets are fine in their current state is one of three things.

They haven’t played a necro and are ignorant of the reality of their minions at the moment.

They’re trolling in which case I’m sure their parents would be proud of their accomplishments in life.

They’re someone who hates people having fun with minion builds and are working to actively sabotage their experience.

5 Likes

Get off of twitch and social media and try playing as one then. If you think skeletons melting in every aoe and dot pool on the ground is good gameplay, then I’m glad you aren’t a game developer.

2 Likes

Nah, just people with sense who understand that having skeletons with each as much health as players is incredibly hilarious for an idea of a balanced game.

But the pet is a damaging skill, it’s the same thing to invest into any other skill.

I played Necro a little, the first boss from the intro kill your summons in one hit, it’s ridiculous! The wolfs from the Druid is way more durable.

I don’t think that killing your mobs in one hit is the way to balance the class, if the problem was their damage then nerf the damage but not the survivability.

1 Like

I’ll never understand why so many people buy ARPG and just want to play AFKRPG

It’s not though, you still have your generator and spender, you still curse, you still resummon and buff them, they just need to not be useless.

4 Likes

Why do you care how people play? Why does it negatively affect you if there is an AFK minion master playstyle? There’s other classes/playstyles for you to choose if you want to manage a bunch of abilities at once.

Debuffing and buffing while your minions do all the damage is an ARPG minion master staple playstyle.

7 Likes

Even Rod Fergusson agreed that this is not the intention being skeletons so useless…

3 Likes

No class should be free from having to move/position/dodge attacks.

Yeah, right, make the change retroactive for D2 aswell.

Those damn minions tanking ubers, how dare they.
Even if they take 10 times as long to kill anything anyway.

1 Like

That’s not how minion builds work in any ARPG ever

Thats not how they work.

I always avoid playing as the necromancer because it turns the game into easy mode. Now I’m considering trying it since it has a git gud element. 90% of games I play are RNG looters, survival, or Souls games though. Maybe I’m not in the norm.

1 Like