The reactions on Necro nerfs are hilarious to read and watch on stream

There are legitimately people claiming that they’ll refund the game because they were expecting to be able to faceroll in the same way they did 6 weeks ago, when the game was tuned where a Necro had unkillable minions and could spam corpse explosion while in blood mist and one shot everything wearing full legendaries. For these same people, the game is now “boring” or “unplayable” based off of their experience in a beta where you’re capped at level 20 with a choice of 2 difficulties.

If this isn’t a knee jerk reaction, I don’t know what is. Case in point, I just watched Asmongold try to solo a level 30 boss when he was level 20 with 4 abilities on his action bar, stand in poison spam casting, and not press the dodge button a single time. The guy dies to the boss thrice and never once considers getting better gear or at least changing his build. But when he does give up he blames it on:

• Bad minion AI
  • The Devs “nerfed the class the wrong way”
  • "The class is bad because it needs multiple legendaries for it to “work” and therefore it’s bad design
  • Admits that he could have killed the boss if he was a higher level but the game still wouldn’t be fun?

Keep in mind that this is the same person who consistently calls for games to be designed to be more challenging and claims to not want a faceroll game like Diablo 3 where legendaries rain every couple of minutes. Of course, anyone who disagreed with him are just “justifying spending $108 on their preorder” and are banned. He ended up quitting because he can’t “min-max with these drop rates so it’s not fun”, then gave a doomer spiel about how the game has gone gold so it’s probably going to be unfun for any necromancers since Day 1 patches definitely aren’t a thing in the year 2023. Sound familiar?

I honestly imagine that the people who are complaining about Necro nerfs are exactly like this guy; people who are going into this beta with the expectation of killing a level 30 boss at level 20, but with a serious skill issue and are caught off guard when they didn’t have jacked up legendary drop rates and poor initial testing tuning to carry their dead weight this time around.

Minion health are fine if they can take multiple hits from a boss who’s 10 levels higher than you. Necromancers are fundamentally fine.

14 Likes

They can’t… they die in one shot to any AoE attacks, you blind or just stupid?

watch the video, boss is one lvl higher and the guy has all the passives that increase minion health, they all die in the first attack. This is avg necro gameplay atm.

29 Likes

But they can’t even survive a pack of trash mobs for a few seconds.

13 Likes

That’s a boss in the video and the base mob type is one of the highest damage mobs with the overhead slam… That’s quite literally cherry picking.

If Blizzard can’t even understand the basic concept of minion base class in a ARPG. What hope do I have of other class have when it comes to balance?

Let alone with how lazy they are with class power and being balanced around legendary gear. The concept in itself is stupid because a class only being “fun” and viable with said gear is lazy design.

Necromancer change was just the final straw, it was the how stupid can you be change.

8 Likes

It’s not though, that’s how every boss fight is on my lvl 20 minion necro… Boss does 1 AoE and they all die. Thats broken.

15 Likes

Minions weren’t viable on Nightmare/Torment according to endgame feedback, now they won’t even scale no mater what you do with your skills/paragon/legendaries, just like the Witch Doctor’s dogs on D3 never were a viable option on the hardest difficulty.

Why struggle against a poor development decision, trying to make a minion build to work when the devs are clearly against it, when you can just spam bone and copse explosion or play rogue or sorc in the first place?

I already refunded my ultimate edition based on the necro nerf… and going to switch to the standard edition.

It’s not though, that’s how every boss fight is on my lvl 20 minion necro… Boss does 1 AoE and they all die. Thats broken.

Just out of curiosity what exactly would you consider a balanced minion based class? Necros in the Open beta had minions that were quite literally invincible and at least for me, that’s not great design.

Also not being considered is that there will be more ways to increase minion durability through gear and paragon? Blizz devs said themselves that they want to make it so that there will be a need to replenish minions mid fight, especially in boss fights. If minion durability really is as bad as you all claim, where minions can’t even survive a single pack of regular mobs, then why the doom and gloom when they’ll obviously tune it up?

OP isn’t that far off with “knee jerk reaction”

Well said, OP, you hit it on the nail.

3 Likes

Having invincible minions is fine at low level because it is low level.

It does not matter if you can beat the mobs. The mobs are design to be farmed. It is how you beat them that matters.

A necromancer trades POWER for clear speed. Pet classes are the slowest mappers, but they make up for it with power.

Noone cares if you can do said content. Speed of farming matters just as much as clearing itself.

A necromancer lets players play passive and more relaxed in exchange for slower clears. It is the perk of the class. It is what minion ARPG players come to expect.

Making squishy pets takes the perk of the class away.

It is not a knee jerk reaction, when Blizzard taking what makes a ARPG fun, and treating it like it is a MMO.

These balance changes makes no sense from a ARPG stand point.

15 Likes

Hmm i don’t know prolly something like PoE, grim dawn, last epoch, or any other ARPG thats come out in the past decade…

4 Likes

I swear I feel like Diablo 4 brings in so many new ARPG players who think pet builds are overpower because of how passive it is.

If my Sorc can clear content twice as fast. My sorc would be stronger in a game based off grinding for gear.

People forget Clear speed matters just as much.

7 Likes

Is it passive though? I’m still using my generator and spender to make blight pools to increase minion damage, im still cursing to help debuff enemies to try and keep minions alive. I’d just like them to be able to stand up to a stiff breeze without dying.

8 Likes

Ah yes, POE where your entire screen is a lightshow and you spam one ability until you are invariably killed by a mob type that is designed to hardcounter you or just by 1 shot from something you can’t see.

Then go play your POE or Diablo 3. Some of us would love to have an option to play an ARPG that isn’t a timed lightshow farming simulator.

2 Likes

I mean sure you do extra. I’m just saying the minions being something that passive takes damage from you.

My point is that you trade clear speed for that power. That is what APRG do. Minions are for people who enjoy that way of playing mix with some who are just not as fast reflex.

As I said, you trade that power for clear speed.

You lost the debate when you told me to go play better ARPGS. Please stop.

10 Likes

So you have no actual argument and are just being combative to troll, got it. Welcome to ignore.

3 Likes

You lost when you thought that this was a “debate”. Why spend time here if there are “better ARPGs”? Sounds like you’re honestly just around with no actual argument and are just being combative to troll.

1 Like

Invincible on easy difficulty means nothing, Witch Doctor’s dogs were viable until the third difficulty, then they were just trash. Now necro’s skels struggle even on easy/normal, and they won’t scale to Nightmare/Torment at all, so why bother? Admit they just destroyed the viability of the minion skill tree and play bone/corpse/blood instead.

4 Likes

Yes, I agree that Americans tend to have difficulties managing their expectations.

1 Like