The reactions on Necro nerfs are hilarious to read and watch on stream

There were no “git gud” elements to having your pets melt to regular mobs in WT1. There are no such elements to having your pets just get 1shot by bosses because you have zero control over them either.

4 Likes

“The team has just deployed a hotfix for the Diablo 4 Server Slam that will be addressing some of the feedback we’ve seen regarding Necromancer pets and their survivability,” it says. “This is a backend change so users will not need to download a new update. The hotfix will take a few hours to deploy to all users.”

Blizz is suddenly listening to community feedback. Balance is a Journey and they are clearly willing to work on it

This weekend was the first time I’ve played a Necro, I’d say they weren’t fine. At least on boss fights. Blood lance or whatever that spell was carried the fight once my 5 skels died usually early in a fight. By level 11 or so I’d realized that the minions were a waste of points for boss fights.

2 Likes

The thing with Andariel is that she could one-shot most things with her poison. She’s the sole reason I used Antidote Potions.

My entire undead squad should NOT be wiped out in its entirety by a single swipe from a random bear in the woods because they all cluster up and only have, like, 20 HP.
My class’s core mechanic should never be completely useless in the game’s primary gameplay loop. It’s like telling a Barbarian that they only get one weapon, or a Sorcerer only has one viable enchantment. Actually, it’s worse than that, since a Sorcerer’s enchantments don’t waste resources. Every corpse wasted on Animate Dead is one that can’t be exploded or used for something else.

3 Likes

Your skeletons are not your only source of damage… They can create corpses for you to detonate. In fact there are several skills that are quite nice to use alongside summoned skeletons.

If that is how people enjoyed the game then there is nothing wrong with them refunding now that they will no longer be able to enjoy the experience they were expecting.

Not everyone is you. Everyone has different preferences and needs.

You mean using a corpse to take out a minion that dies instantly and leaves another corpse to explode? in that case you lose essence and time. you want to resurrect your 5 minion for example fighting against 2 bears. they literally die from 1 hit at the same time. you kill the bears and the corpses do not reach you to replace it minion.
in addition to having wasted time resurrecting them in each skirmish. I think that in the previous beta they were very strong. but now they are literally useless. just sacrifice them and for someone who wants to play as a summoner it is better to be a druid or a sorceress

He didnt lose, you did

Lmao ok. anyone who deflects to go play a game because it does something better. Clearly lost. Chin up.

I tried to be sympathetic to people who were impacted by the minion nerf but I draw the line at Necros being “obliterated” and “unplayable”. Plus when I said that I was fine with Necro and found it to be more fun than the face roll it was the first beta I was accused of being a Blizzard Shill and a troll.
So it is whatever. I just accept that some people were having a hissy fit because they were struggling and rather than try to adapt to the changes and switch up their build or play style it was easier for them to come to the forums and whine or lash out at everyone else.
But I’ll say it again. All 3 builds I played got to level 20 just fine and all included minions in some for or another. I did have to tweak things a bit for certain bosses and I do think minions need some work but none of this invincible, never dying, no corpses to summon , super army, nonsense.