The question is not if D4's Season 1 is failing

not a fact dope head…Review bombing is not an accurate review of a game. Also, the forums posts are mainly by angry little guys that are told what to think by twitch streamers and youtube content creators. We will continue to play and have fun while yall sulk and stay angry

1 Like

He is an entitled brat

Oh man you know it’s satire when the facts are based off of less then 1% of the player base.

I feel the same and your not wrong - its a boring pointless game with far too severely limited storage and too much trash you have to keep.

Not fun, not worth it.

I came here to state that Diablo 4 Season 1 is a reason for me to wait at least 3 more seasons before I play this game again (if ever). What a poor state for a “Live service” game.

I’m no fan of metacritic, but calling one of the biggest gaming review sites on earth “random”…just lol

Sadly op is correct. The game WAS enjoyable, now its a complete slog. Literally the opposite of what the arpg genre is about.

I play arpgs to demolish things and eventually become OP. Not to play through a slog fest where my class (barbarian) is basically unplayable.

2 Likes

Guess what? Reviews matter to lots of people who want to buy a product and this can massively negatively affect the game future sales which can be problematic for a live serviced game.

Look up the importance of reputation

When the cheapest possibly version of a game is $70 you can be damn sure people will care what reviews from actual players say.

So I totally stand by your statement, I personally should have known better, but I was blinded by nostalgie. I played Diablo 3 in it’s original launch state longer than this, and D3 on launch was terrible, but somehow they managed to make D4 worse.

1 Like

Doubt

twenty charact

the later BP chores are insane - killing 5 times the helltide boss is one of them :clown_face:

the fact is the season pass is going to ruin the game at a 100 dollars for the game and then making people pay for more seasonal content is just a money horde on top of that the season itself is not made well im very dissapointed in the devs as i have been a diablo fan for a very long time buyt it seems like i should just redownload the third game and play that instead

Because it only took most of us 1 day to get to WT3 and farm out nightmare dungeons without ever walking anywhere now.

Welcome to what we all knew would happen when teleporting got added lol

except the seasonal content isnt locked behind a paywall… only skins are… which are not content.

Bruh. Please learn the difference between ‘fact’ and ‘opinion’

I fail to see how these malignant orb even interest me.
The only class that benefited A TON from these malignant is Necro.
I dont even care even if these malignant went to eternal, the effect for other class than Necro are not interesting.

the fact that you can “experience” the season but not get any reward until you get a “premium battle pass” is garbage. Micro transactions ruin games.

I’ve been saying since launch. The seasonal system is at odds with D4’s MMO mechanics and it is only going to get worse.

Grinding renown and aspects I already earned once? No thanks. Renown, side quests, and aspects should carry over. That is boring, unrewarding content that should be done once to experience it but not be required every season. The “open world” is really shallow. There isn’t anything dynamic happening on the maps and I feel a lot of folks will burn out after season 1.

For a game that revolves around repeatable content, a lot of it just isn’t fun. The static map and punishing renown system are awful.

Yes. Just because companies are “one of the biggest” doesn’t mean they are reliable, just look at Activision Blizzard for example.

I was referring to OP’s post in general with that comment. We have all already purchased the game here, yet people that seem to want the game to fail, feel the need constantly seek validation here.