The Pit Boss One-Shot-Mechanics are unfair!

As usual you miss the point. This isn’t about dodging. It’s about the trivialization of hours of work to invested in gear only to realize that you have the same chance of winning the fight naked as you do wearing armor.

This is the problem people have with 1 shot mechanics. If they stay in the game just remove gear completely and keep the dodge mechanics, all the sudden you’re playing the flappy bird game where if you hit the wall once you die. Its the same game.

9 Likes

please attempt that. show us how trivial armor is.

doesnt even have to be a high tier. a t60 maybe? prove your argument.

Easy.

Get hit once by boss with armor = die.
Get hit once naked = die.

See how there is zero benefit?

6 Likes

If you were to go without any kind of armor or resistance, every single punch of the boss would kill you. which obviously isnt the case. you dont need to dodge every atack of the guardian himself. However, you need to dodge the mechanics of shadowbosses.

1 Like

Wrong, in this case, it is the case. That’s the OPs argument exactly. Just because you’re a pedantic troll doesn’t mean you get to put words in OPs mouth.

It is EXACTLY the case and it is a ROOT cause of our argument that 1 shot mechanics from ghost bosses you can’t kill are dumb and bad. Period. You’ll argue it’s not because you’re incapable of conceding an argument on a forum, but that just makes you wrong. Good day sir.

3 Likes

you getting angry just shows that you are wrong. “armor and resistances are useless!!!” yet, i dare you to step foot into a t60 without any armor and resistances. you dont even need to try it. it wont go well.

Long story short. git gud.

The 1shoot spamming fans are like 1% of the playerbase here . Just as the playerbase who killed OPTIONAL Uber Lilith . And thats a fact . If they keep the mid-game with the 1-shoot spamm mechanics (lvl 61 Pit is mid-game as much) nobody will be playing this 80s flying arcade as soon as people reach there and the game will die for the glory of the same moronic “streamers” that usually trash the game just for the views .

8 Likes

I’m not angry, I’m just calling you out. You don’t get to change OPs argument that the multiple one shot mechanics are ‘fine’ and you just have to ‘git gud’ because bosses have this one mechanic that tickles you before he 1 shots you from 100-0.

The non-one shotting mechanics are irrelevant and bosses having non-one-shot mechanics in addition to one shots does not forgive the bad game design of one-shot mechanics, and it offers you zero argument credibility.

6 Likes

oh, i dont plan to change OPs opinion. why would i even bother. for all i care you can absolutely hate one shot mechanics. That doesnt make it a fact that they are bad tho.

just like OP im also allowed to have my opinion, which is that its great that the devs finally deliver some content you can put your teeth into.
People have been begging for harder content, and finally its there. You are very welcome to absolutely dislike that. what is happening right now is that some people are basically just saying “omg i cant do hard content :(”

So yea, sorry, there is no cheesing the pit mechanic. you either learn to dodge properly, or you die.

one of the few suggestions i can actually agree on, is that the frequenzy of the shadowbosses could be slightly reduced, especially for the melee classes. Id say like 10-15% or so.

I don’t disagree with the one-shot mechanics specifically in the pit. However, I agree that it’s kind of unfair to start in the mid 50s with them when you need to reach 60+ for the final masterworking materials. I said it yesterday. They should lower the tier of the materials with 10 levels. So, instead of 1-30, 31-60, 61+, they should make it 1-20, 21-50, 51+. The average person will either get frustrated that they won’t be able to upgrade their gears to the max and quit, or they will have to play only meta builds. All masterworking materials should not be gated behind necessity to play meta builds. Apart from that, I am fine with the 1-shot mechanics.

4 Likes

All you see in D4 is lazy copy paste from PoE. I hope PoE2 will have real gameplay mechanics, like 2024 mechanics as you said.

1 Like

Can we talk about how lame it is to die to the boss in the pit, JUST to be respawned at the beginning of the dungeon and have to spend a whole minute or two walking back to the boss? WHAT IN THE ACTUAL>?

8 Likes

oh, yea i guess that might be something nice they could do to be honest. id assume pretty much every build can handle t50

Exactly. I tested it with non-optimal builds upgraded to 4/12. They can handle 40+. Then when you upgrade to 8/12, I am pretty sure any build even without greater affixes on every slot, can handle 50+.

1 Like

how did u get ur life to 125,000… I cant even get past 30k :sob: (Druid)

yea, im all for making the entry level to finish masterworking accessible. i mean its fine that there are limits for players, and for builds, but in theory one should be able to grind up to 12/12

1 Like

It looks like some people need examples to see what we are passing through .

In this fast video i put 2 examples , one is the “typical” lame oneshoot you get a lot of times , in the 2nd also “typical” oneshoot you get out of no where … you literally doesnt even know WTF killed you at all . I watched that clip a lot of times and still im trying to figure it out . Maybe someone can help me to see WTF killed me in the 2nd example .

https://youtu.be/EMYSLdzqHvI?si=g2vGBOBljLOCLAP-

And thats for Mid-Tier The Pit levels in a OP character with full rank 2 new gear played by a try-hard as i am . Imagine when the vast majority of the people find this in their progression …

Currently i reached The Pit level 85 and i wont push more , is pointless , is not funny , is awful and definitively is broken .

Here my 1st whole level 81 completed . I didnt bothered of save the level 85 because i´m just quitting that thing until they fix it . This is not the GRIFTS i used to love of Diablo III , this is 90% a boss fight with that lame mechanics . In my Blood Surge Necro i barely can reach 60 (full re-geared rank 1)

https://youtu.be/oEcDlQeBPmM?si=VWhsaasHh9Iptvi0

3 Likes

Skill Issue,
Get better.

So if this is the way the game is going forward, how many here planning on buying the Expac?

It can also be capped that when boss are already less than 10% of their lifespan, the 1 shop mechanic will be removed. It can be done. What’s unfair is, even with dodge and after dodging a few times, the boss is dying and still one shot you. Happen to us a few times last night at only level 61-62, Even in Level 50. So yeah, I can say it’s unfair.

2 Likes