The Pit Boss One-Shot-Mechanics are unfair!

The shadow bosses in “The Pit” have multiple one-shot mechanics that can kill you instantly.

My char already has 125,000 life, it has max armor, max resistances, some damage reduction and the heart of selig. Yet my char gets killed regularly by the shadow bosses. E. g. shadow Lilith and this one shadow boss that launches “projectiles” straight in the air and that come down in multiple circles which is hard to dodge. The problem with these attacks is that it does not matter how much life you have, you will get killed instantly with one shot. So all it boils down to in the boss fights of the Pit is to always make sure to dodge those one-shot-killer mechanics of the shadow bosses. One error and you are dead.

This is not fun. This is stupid. Especially if you managed to dodge 9 times and you only need a few more strikes to kill the boss, but then a slight error, or one shadow boss pulling you into the one-shot mechanic of another shadow boss and BOOM. Dead despite full life, full resistances, full everything. And then you have wasted the time and then you get another time penalty on top.

The fact that those shadow bosses can toss your char around with their magic simply takes away your control of your char and then you can only hope to not get struck by a one-shot mechanic.

My suggestion would be to get rid of those attacks that kill even chars with very high maximum life in one single shot. And my suggestion would be to not allow the shadow bosses to toss your char around like crazy, making the outcome of a boss fight pure luck or pure badluck.

53 Likes

one shot mechanics are fair when they are dodgeable, which they are.

only thing i could see being adjusted could be that they apply a stacking debuff, like the tormented bosses, while still doing massive damage. failed to dodge 2 times? dead.

The pit was never supposed to be a walk in the park.

8 Likes

Everyone complaining how easy the game was for entire year, now everyone complaining for being 1-shotted because they don’t actually have the skills to dodge everything. People have been crying “everything is easy, give us more challenging content”, now when they did and requires you to actually have skills, not just the gear, most of the people realized they never actually had the necessary skill for the challenging content. What you are effectively saying is “lower the challenge to my skill level because I don’t like it”.

10 Likes

i also think an issue is that many people think they need to run high pit levels. i mean honestly, if you cant dodge the shadow bosses good enough, its perfectly fine to stay at like t60.

4 Likes

Oneshot is not the answer for “too easy” problem. you can build Boss with multiple high damage attacks that force you maximize defense

Onshot actually make defense useless

22 Likes

actually it is. there have been so many immortal build variants by now, which literally can only be countered by one shot mechanics.

LOL, One shot actually won’t do harm to immortal build. immortal build should not be allowed

Either way, one-shot is bad

12 Likes

if you cant dodge these mechanics, it is yes.

Exactly. I don’t pretend to run the high end-game content and I am fine with 60-80. If I can push higher, fine. If I can’t I am still okay with what I can get to.

Yes. I agree. But it has been like that in AoZ as well. That’s why I am saying it’s a skill-based content. It requires you to rethink your build and focus entirely on offense and on top of that to be able to dodge everything all the time.

3 Likes

same, i mix it up a little every now and then. now my cap seems to be like 96 as i pushed a little today. usually i stick to like 70-80 just for the mats and the faster clear, thus faster drop chances on the stygian stones.

there are days were i feel skillful enough to dodge every possible mechanic, and some days i rather take it slow.

2 Likes

I get the language, appealing to the sense of equity and inclusion. But aside from platitudes, the reality is when you complain, Blizz has a tendency to make it worse. I did a 61 pit yesterday, which was somewhat comfortable only the day before, and there were 2 OP shadows bouncing around the screen. What? like I have 2 brains to track each one?

4 Likes

Yesterday there was 1 shadow attack in every 7 sec. But now there are 2 shadow attacks almost at the same time and damage seems higher because yesterday I could tank 1 shadow attack while having bone storm with barrier but now it’s 1-hit kill.

And also shadow attacks during the pit dungeon, too.

At least, it should be less shadow attacks when the boss is staggered.

You did not get my point. Oneshot make defense pointless. People either go crazy to damage to dodge less or make immortal build . It makes the game imbalance.

6 Likes

Let’s be very clear here…Lilith’s spikes…to the best of my knowledge…are 1-shots…in that no amount of defense in the game can counter it. Immunity, or dead.
Pit bosses…on the other hand, have not been confirmed to employ the same 1-shots…just very very hard-hitting haymakers…that players often construe as 1-shots to their squishy builds.

well no, those immortal builds utilize actual damage immunity, they literally take zero damage so they dont get 1 shot.

i think its a terrible design and a terrible workaround, neither of them should exist in a game like diablo

2 Likes

Why darksouls fan want to make diablo like arpgs another darksoul? Stop it. I’m not here to dodge l’m here to make a character which power come from items.

That is the basic.

Arpg is all about loot. We chase it it is all about loot. No skill requiered only brain.

Defence loot is as important as offensive loot.

Also streamers are destroying videogames.

4 Likes

i am a huge darksoul fan and i would only be fine with the current 1 shot sutff if my dodge works like darksoul…

i want that iframe brother

1 Like

I have never played ds…but since you are a ds player…I am curious what are the mechanics of iframes? Like cliff notes version.

anyone saying oneshot is ok, show me how good you can and enjoy outlaw sharpshooter boss in pit lvl 100+

Have fun

3 Likes

Correct. But that’s fine. It’s not a broken mechanics. That’s how it is intended to be. See, to get to the point where you can reach so much damage that it allows you to minimize the necessity for dodging you will have to had spent a a significant amount of play time or be extremely lucky with the gear and the crafting. First, even to get items with 2 greater afixes that are with exactly the offensive stats for your build is very difficult on it’s own. Then you have to temper exactly the stats that you need, and then you have to masterwork it and hit ONLY the greater afixes all the time. In order to reach a point like that you will brick a sh1t tone of items and you will have to spent a lot of time farming these items and the lower tiers pit for the materials. Do you see what an enormous progression requires that? This would be the case for the top 1% of the players. I can promise you that. And even then, they would still have to dodge here and there. The rest will have to dodge much more whether they like it or not until Blizzard decides to appeal to the masses.

1 Like