The Diablo IV Season 5 PTR: What You Need to Know

Unfortunately I suspect a significant amount of the strategy Blizzard employs is generated from big-data sets. My opinion of AI is that it is partially precisely that - artificial, yes / intelligent, not.

When is the PTR available to download?
I know it says 25th, but wondering what time?

1 Like

1:00 PM PDT on the 25th give or take 4 hours like always.

1 Like

Looks like the PTR patch was put out today… I just downloaded a 23GB update. I had S4 PTR still installed… Wonder if we will get it earlier…

I tried to download ptr on 06/23 and then just updated on 06/24 7.40 PM CST. trying to log in and it says “unable to find a valid license for d4” code 315306.

same here, have you been able to log in to PTR since?

Do people even bother to read the PTR blog :point_down:

“PTR will be available from June 25 to July 2 for players with a PC Battle.net account.”

Is the start time for the ptr even been release yet? All I can find is that it starts tomorrow, but no mention of actually what time tomorrow.

All you need to know in one sentence:

They didn’t fix the brick problem.

Regarding the “buffs” to sorcerer: this is a joke! you are nerfing the worst class in the game again. In whole season 4 as a sorcerer, i had barbarians and necros carried me around until i had almost perfect gear + ubers in order to have the almost permanent fire shield and could do some damage as a frozen orb sorc. i did not rush to buy the expansion and i do not regret it.

1 Like

Wait is it really a nerf or a bug fix because iirc Victimize is double diping it’s damage atm and they’re waiting for S5 to fix it right?

Store refresh time maybe?

It was available yesrerday, I updated my client at that time when D4 was in maintenance

Did you find that hot take in a diaper bud?

Perhaps we have wrongly blamed the designer.
Because there are too many new games released in July and August.
In order not to affect players to play.
So the designers of odd numbered seasons designed such boring, uninteresting, and unattractive content.

1 Like

The only improvement to this ptr cycle would be an immediate rollback.

Are you really this stupid?
Very clearly the post was made for Blizzard and the fact that I have to explain that is mind-numbingingly idiotic. Seriously stop eating crayons they’re bad for you.
This post was made because Blizzard PROMISED, unequivocally, they would never do massive nerfs again. Yet here we are, meanwhile not only did they leave the strongest classes alone they buffed them. Its not just a nerf its Blizzard clearly going back on something they swore they wouldn’t do, and understood why they shouldn’t do it.
I don’t care that you disagree, I dont care that you think I’m wrong, I dont care that your ignorance means you couldn’t possibly understand my point. In fact heres how little I care about your opinions. If I see you’ve replied to this comment I’ll just block you without reading whatever drivel you’ve decided post. That’s how little I care about your ignorance, k byeeeeee forever.

1 Like

I wonder how long it is going to take for the dev team working on the Sorc, Necro, Druid to realize they have alienated these three class player bases. Yeah, the Druid got buffs to their Dr and had Shepards changed to buff companions and some of their skills buffed. They still are lacking. The necro had the minion ai improved but still had a nerf hammer hit them. Then there is the Sorc. All I can say is goodbye to pushing endgame content.
Can the Sorc get to 100 and push NMD to 50-70 yeah but it is much harder. The Pit best I saw was 115 and I can’t even manage 70 due to the dps and defensive nerfs. I haven’t even tried the Infernal hordes. So, thanks Blizzard for going back on what you said you would never do again and that is nerf anything. All you have done is alienate a good portion of your player base and pushed us to stop playing a series that would not even be around if it wasn’t for the support we gave over the years. Someone must have forgotten the golden rule for any business. The customer is always right.

1 Like

PTR, what you need to know…

When you run across a Doomsayer, and they are saying “No, No, No!”

You realize they are Season 5 Beta testers giving feedback, that is all…

1 Like

It’s pretty simple… here’s a roadmap… Enjoy!

Diablo IV: Patch Notes 1.5.XX.XXX.SOON

Map & Exploration:

• Region Progress & Rewards: Removed. Exploration focuses on uncovering the entire map.
  • Waypoint Persistence: Waypoints unlocked during a season remain accessible in subsequent seasons.
  • Strongholds: Transformed into Legion Events. Players activate them, and after defeating 3 Legions, a Tormented World Boss spawns.
  • Side Quests: Progress now carries over between seasons.
  • Dungeons & Aspects: Completing a dungeon unlocks the entire corresponding Aspect level. Dungeon progress persists across seasons.
  • Altars of Lilith: Removed for a more streamlined endgame.
  • PvP Area: Removed to cater to a wider audience.
  • Mark of Blood: Usable anywhere on the map for increased flexibility.
  • Whispers of the Dead: Removed events to enhance focus on core endgame activities.
  • Map Filters: Improved for better usability.
    Character & Progression:
  • Stats: Simplified. Reduced to “Main Stat” and a combined “All Stats” category. Resistances consolidated into “Magic Resist.”
  • Character Sheet: Redesigned to display core stats: Life, Resource, Armor, Magic Resist, and Attack Power.
  • Paragon Board: Removed. Replaced with a system awarding 1 skill point per level (up to level 100).
  • Gems: Converted into Glyphs for skill enhancement.
  • Legendary Nodes: Integrated into the skill tree as learnable key passives (cost: 5 points).
  • Stat Progression: Implemented a “mastery” style system granting 1% to all stats and 2% to the main stat per level.
  • Item Vendors: Consolidated. Weapon/Armor vendors removed. Blacksmith gains “Sell All Junk” and “Salvage All Junk” functions.
  • Tempering: Simplified. Becomes a one-time application per item, allowing for up to 2 affix additions.
  • Unique Items: Converted into “Unique Aspects” imprintable on items alongside regular aspects.
  • Item Enchanting: Allows adding up to 4 affixes to items using endgame materials, instead of replacing existing ones.
  • Nightmare Dungeons: Removed.
  • Boss Materials: Used to craft stackable Normal and Tormented Boss Sigils.
  • Purveyor of Curiosities: Sells items with 1-2 affixes, allowing for further customization with the Occultist.
  • Jeweler: Now sockets Glyphs providing character bonuses and rare node effects.
  • Alchemist: Upgrades potion capacity alongside potion level.
  • Transmutation: All boss materials included in the “Summoning Items” category.
  • Uber Uniques: Introduced as class-specific endgame goals (one per slot).
    These changes aim to streamline exploration, enhance character building, and provide more control over loot and crafting.