The Diablo IV Season 5 PTR: What You Need to Know

The Diablo IV Season 5 PTR: What You Need to Know

Hell’s gates open wide in the Season 5 PTR. Join using your PC Battle.net account to try the Infernal Hordes activity, a new quest, and more.

View Full Article

4 Likes

Thats Funny. They double created a Uniqe for Necro to have exploding skellies. As if a set of gloves was not enough now we get a dagger…How origional.

4 Likes

One step forward, 5 steps behind. the typical Blizzard MO.

11 Likes

In the campfire I heard someone tell that the barbs are very strong.
If you know that, Why don´t you nerf the class to fit similar power of the other classes ?
Or just buff enough the other classes…

Sorc is receiving buffs but Why cap the burning instinct to 40% ? Why nerf one of the few remaining sources of damage the sorcerers have ? You just made it a dead node… No one will expend 20 points to reach the node anymore…

3 Likes

No Spiritborn buffs, S5 dead. D4 bad. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: How about everyone stops crying? There are ONLY PTR patch notes. Try it, give feedback.

8 Likes

Seriously, have you played Sorcery lately? You really need to rethink the balance of this class.

5 Likes

They might even conflict… how is that better than Black River?

That said, why not give Necros 1 additional Amulet slots and Sorcerers 1 additional ring slot?
Druids will have catalyst slot.

As is, barbarian and rogue are op…

3 Likes

buffing other classes feels better then nerfing. not like anyone is doing pit 200s so nerfs are not needed just buffs

3 Likes
  • BATTLE FELL PRIESTS
    Tell me please, will this Council be as dangerous as it was in D2? So that even a perfectly dressed character can be killed by carelessness. Or will it be as easy as it is now in D4? Billions and Billions of damage and slaying an enemy(uniq boses) in less than a minute.

In Diablo 2 there was interest in not dying (due to loss of equipment and loss of gold from inventory) and so you have to run, jump, dodge, know that now may be a consul affix.
And here, I think eventually these consuls will be killed in seconds and eventually over time this routine will bore most players, because there is no interest, no fear of death.

Dear employees of the company, you forgot to add a usefulness to the game - when the player increases the level of glyph after completing a nightmare dungeon, then you have to increase the level of glyph by pressing the appropriate button each time. This is very inconvenient when a player completes a 100 level dungeon and begins to increase the level of glyph from 1 level.

Need a button next to the existing button, which will allow you to immediately get the maximum experience glyph for the current level of the dungeon.

2 Likes

For the devs:

1. Please revive some of the fun builds for Barbarians (ie Hota, charge, etc). Maybe increase the cap of dmg while berserking to 50%-60%. This is not going to make it indestructible like previous seasons but more like increasing it’s dmg so the other builds can be usable again.

2. Overpower is dead because of all the changes. I would suggest to make it more relevant again coz right now, all we have is vulnerable dmg or crit dmg.

3. I am okay with tempering mechanics for now. Although it bricks a lot of my items, I still welcome the challenge and fun surrounding it. Making it easy will feel like the game is generally easy. Characters are heavily dependent on gears and doing so will take away the sense of pride and accomplishment - that applies to all. Make it hard or challenging…but not easy.

4. For future character balance, please don’t destroy builds. There are other ways to reduce the power. Or perhaps, give buffs to the characters that are falling behind. What you need to remember is that players will always find other ways of making their characters very strong. Are we going to keep destroying those builds to level the field? Your process is fixing it temporarily but it is not a permanent solution. You gotta find a permanent solution instead of breaking builds.

5. Adding new item mechanics is fine but you need to be careful. Don’t turn this into D2 or D3 by adding too much stuff to make the gear powerful. D4 needs to have it’s own identity and not working around the shadows of its predecessors. Adding a bunch of stuff will make it OP then you guys will have to find solutions again on how to contain the OP builds - by killing them. Stop shooting yourself in the foot. Work smart not hard. * It’s clear that you guys aren’t totally happy with tempering unique items that’s why you are pausing it (?) according to the article I read:

• Tempering and Imprinting Unique items will not be an option for the foreseeable future.
  1. Fix the respawn points in the Pit. Once you opened the Guardian’s portal, if you die, your respawn point is like a mile away. This wasted a lot of time apart from the penalty that you get. This has to be fixed asap.

2. I’m doing over t102 in the pit to farm. I can do t124+ so 102 is easy…BUT the spiders when they multiply and explode, it kills me in one hit. How? How can a spider be more deadlier when they’re dead? Lets be realistic here. Take half a life is fine…but the whole life when I have 68k of life with challenging shout on? Other enemies cant kill me easily…but exploding spiders that turns into mini spiders? Really?

3. Poison. My poison resistance is over 70%. Yet, the enemies that has poison buffs are able to drain my life pretty quick. I hit the armor cap, my res are all 70%, I have fortify on top of other dmg reduction that I can get from skills but I am still getting drained. What is happening here? Did we get a puny barbs this season? C’mon guys. This is hella annoying. You gotta do better mechanics than that.

3 Likes

What the patch notes for the season 5 ptr tells me that they do not really listen to the player base and favor the Barbarian and Rogue heavily over the rest of the classes and do not care to be honest about it. That is scummy behavior and unbecoming of any company.
I will not apologize for that part because it is the truth. The Blizzard that actually cared about their games and the people that supported them are no longer there and it shows. All the new dev team can do is take a new endgame feature that is meant to be the end all be all and turn it into a simplified version and call it new.
Does it give you the chance at new gear, gold crafting mats for a half bake crafting system, and a chance for items with better rolled stats. Yes, but when you remove the entire Pit run and turn it into a two-room arena with the event waves of darkness and go oh this is good that shows a lack of creativity and laziness.
When Diablo 4 was announced everyone on the dev team claimed the game would have unlimited build diversity. What a bunch of crock of shyte. Before all of the nerfs each classes had a chance at having maybe 4 builds that were endgame viable. Since then that number has dropped to maybe two builds. With what is in the season 5 ptr patch notes the Sorcerer is going to be useless in endgame. Thanks again for ruin the fun for your player base. Here is the one thought that most of the dev team has when looking at changing the game. How can we ruin it more. SMH.

5 Likes

Better be this version. Judging by the demand from this community, it ll be no difference from dummies in training room.

This is the worst blizzard ever made make helltide chest drop any unique . Why the hell are you doing this blizzard . you ruin the fun for killing a boss and mabye get lucky and get a great drop …YOU should lower any unique drop rate to like 0000000000000000000.1 % so we have something to hunt for . I dont know if you devs dont get it you RUIN the game . Make leveling harder and less reward XP so it take time to be lvl 100 … i can make a lvl 100 now in 4 hours This is stupid and people burn out way to fast And basic quit your game … Last why the hell do you charge 90 euro for a small update make it free and let people pay for MTX if they want You rip off your players . Blizzard devs you could learn some from Grinding gear games WAKE UP blizzard

2 Likes

you can go to bosses that have a higher drop chance. These changes are primarily aimed at those who don’t have a lot of time to play due to reality (work, etc.). I don’t understand your screaming. Personally, I’m happy about these changes as when I find myself in the shoes of a busy person, I won’t be able to get a mythic item by completing bosses. Helltide is the golden mean for many to get the coveted item (with a very small probability, but get it!).

3 Likes

Did you know you can right click the glyph you selected to skip the animation? Select the glyph first with left click, then spam right click, done. No waiting, no clicking the button.

1 Like

Clueless. In S4 PTR pretty much every balance change that was in the Patch Notes pushed through into the live S4. All nerfs went through. Buffs mostly went through, though some were deleted/reverted/nerfed… like Sorc’s showcase Unique the Winterglass.

The PTR is a high point and is overtuned, and they will be nerfing from there. That means that it is only going to get worse in the actual season. Get a clue.

3 Likes

The start of S4 gave the feeling that finally D4 was moving more and more on the correct path. Seems like the backlash on nerfs has been so long ago that all has been forgotten. Based on just this update post I already feel like an idiot for pre-ordering the expansion.

The number of negative and stacking damage effects to players means that buffing has only started to take the game to an almost great state, nerfs are thought to be needed to make players try other skills? No! Buff the other skills or rework them to make them compete without nerfing the most popular.

Look at the elemental and armor cap. With a 70% cap on poison, should it be able to stack to a point that effectively one-shots a player? Should webbing stack cold damage to instantly kill a player? All this stops me from even considering Hardcore character even though I played HC in D3.

7 Likes

What is becoming clear is that there are two “teams” working one D4, unfortunately the “not the better” of those teams seems to be responsible for the dumpster fire that is soon to happen. AKA Season 5.
Pretty sad Blizzard seem to have learnt nothing from the game breaking nerf-fest they unleashed just after the game was released. Pretty sad, but sadly also pretty much expected.

4 Likes