[Suggestion] Delay the HC race until season 1

Do you realise that people are not annoyed at early access because we can all get that but at those given 10 days full access of the release version for review/theory crafting etc being eligible for the prize.
They are literally playing at least a full 2nd or 3rd full play through compared to a 1st for the majority.
That’s a huge advantage. Just think how much quicker you levelled from your first character on 1st beta to your server slam character…

I get that, but how many of these people are there? Thousands?

Season 1 is when the Battle Pass is live.
I’m pretty sure people would like to focus on the Pass as opposed to something that could have been done much earlier.

Also, it’s much easier to keep track of who is legitimate this way, because people can’t try to excuse using characters that were created earlier than when you want this “contest” to start.

In other words, it is obvious that nobody has a character created right now and everyone will start at exactly the same time with a fresh sheet.

Those worried about not having a knowledge, can YouTube and if by chance due to an NDA nothing is there, you can be guaranteed that there are sites where you can find these stuff anyways. However, in all honesty it’s not that hard to follow objectives in this game.

1 Like

Certainly.

I just watched a YT Content Creator who made a vid about this issue.
He said in vid and comments “about 30 Participated”
Note: He also says “I am not participating in the Race”
I’m LINKING THE VIDEO HERE:

Summary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-GKQP2tz3I&t=1s

for educational purposes and ON TOPIC - not spamming or advertising someone! (you know who you are flaggers)

1 Like

Doesn’t matter if there is 1, 10 or 100. Those people have a 10 day advantage in a competition.
Just make then ineligible for the prize.

1 Like

Statistically it won’t make a difference.

Also, I knew of a content creator and she told me that it’s frequent there are multiple people playing it, like a small team so they all get jabs at the play-through and while one plays the other writes up guides or reviews and towards the end they merge their work. It’s why some papers are signed by multiple authors or just as the name of the group.

What fights on youtube etc doesn’t compare to doing it yourself.
You have 10 days playing through, you’re going to be better than someone who has watched it on youtube for 2 days.

Exactly. So maybe 30 slots will be used up by these people who have this “huge advantage”. I say maybe, because they might not all make it. HC is HC. So that leaves what, 970 slots for the rest of us.

Sounds like some people around here are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

1 Like

Give me the stats to back this comment up?

Diablo 3 had 6.5 million players the first week. Roughly 5% play HC.

With similar numbers, that puts it at 325k players.

So, would end up that only 0.3% of the hardcore players will reach the fist 1000. And that’s without a competition. With competition, you’ll almost certainly have more players. It could potentially be as little as 0.1% of the hardcore community. But I seriously doubt less than 1% of the hardcore community will hit Level 100.

All this still means that even if you no-life the game to 100, you still might not get in the top 1000. This is why having 10 days knowledge is even more crucial. Because they probably have knowledge of some bosses that might insta kill most players who are facing a boss for the first time and end up dying, setting normal players back 50+ hours.

This is what people are not understanding…
Bah i should make a thread about this.

1 Like

I’m too lazy to get you the p-value for all of this, but if you were to take stats in school, you’d understand why it makes little to no difference.

So no evidence to back up your statement.

And in addition, even if those 30 players wouldn’t have gotten these 10 days early access, they’d still claim those 30 spots in that 1000.

I can say the same for you.
Don’t see you posting stats just throwing around numbers that hold no actual merit.

You’re running with a fallacy.

Season one make it so they go on a Diablo statue.

I may have misunderstood you at first. Deleted my initial response. Sorry about that.

I don’t think the contest should be delayed. Hardcore comes with it’s own tribulations and obstacles that vary even outside of the gaming world of Sanctuary. Hardcore is not softcore. Hardcore requires way more patience, time, care, commitment, and the ability to trust your own gut feeling.

This is not even mentioning outside responsibilities and even what your net is.

Journalists, content creators and even streamers may have the knowledge of playing through the game by review copies, however that doesn’t change how the state of the game will be come early access nor how early access players regardless of softcore or hardcore players will play the game.

The way I look at this competition, being a hardcore player since Diablo II, this is just an event to get players into hardcore. Nothing more nothing less. The other side to this is some of these streamers/ content creators have earned there spot. Either through past feats playing hardcore through previous games, or simply just being a content creator.

This shouldn’t be looked upon as a “contest” frankly, it is a marathon. With that said, you can be the fastest, the most knowledgeable, have the best plotted out build. These maybe advantages, but there is always a way and in the end, with Hardcore, you only got one life so, make it count.

1 Like

Agreed, there’s really no reason not to delay this race.

Not a bad solution! I don’t personally care about the HC race, but those that want to have a fair race have a point.