[Suggestion] Delay the HC race until season 1

nope if you do it in a season you were not one of the 1st 1000. What part of one of the 1st 1000 do people not seem to understand

I will buy early access and also in the camp of being delayed until season 1 begins. Everybody on level playing field and its fair for the ones who want to compete.

I agree race should be delayed. Its not a fair playing field. A lot of people paid more money for early access. As a result now that early access is far less valuable, and people who were hand picked because they were content creators are given a huge advantage over the rest of the “competitors”. Imagine driving around a race track for your very first lap rather then your 10th?

Yes it shoud be delayed to Season 1, but have you read Rob Fergusons answer on twitter regarding the people who could play for 10days before anyone else? If not go read it. That’s all you need to know atm.

1 Like

Or you could screenshot it for those of us that don’t has twitter.

2 Likes

Except it’s completely missing the “by defeating or establishing superiority over others” part.

Yeah, Path of Exile has races with prizes every season.

If Blizzard wants to do this correctly, they could even include a real-time counter in the game, so people can see the race progress in real time. On hardcore mode, there would be an in-game message that says “Player X is the 200th player to make it to level 100.” This would greatly increase the dramatic value for people watching on Twitch.

Having a position and doing it faster is defeating other players.

Would you say an olympic sprint was not a competition because all the runners generally eventually get past the finish line?
They defeat/establish superiority over the other competitors by doing it faster, the same here - do it faster and you have defeated/established superiority of the other competitors.

1 Like

I would say it’s not much of a competition if 2 of the people are olympic level trained athletes and everyone else is some guy off the street.

Agree that it should be the 1st season, rather than the first day, with streamers getting a MASSIVE advantage.

No one is saying anything is ever going to be 100% fair. Sure, the streamers will still have an army farming stuff for them, or getting the quick access to dungeons halfway across the map, that you nor I can ever match.

But skill and knowledge can equalize the playing field to some degree.

I’m not a pro gamer, nor am I a streamer. But in Diablo 3 for example, I, along with many other people, can consistently beat the streamers to 70 during the season starts, even though they put out their leveling guides and practice a lot. Because while the streamers might be popular and have decent guides, they can be surpassed with better skill and better knowledge.

But you ask a player with no knowledge nor experience to compete, and there is zero chance.

It’s not about whether you’re starting in HC or not. It’s not even about if you can’t make a game like Diablo fair. But you should at least strive to make it more fair, when there are obvious advantages certain players will get that just cannot be overcome.

Everyone being equal, it’s More like -
A Treasure hunt with objectives, in an unfamiliar area.
100 people enter.
10 get a map to study thoroughly first, get to walk through the whole area, learn the lay of the land.

Wonder who will win…?

2 Likes

I wont ruin my fist Playthrough for this. I want to experience the Story in Peace and not skip everything.

What happend to stay a while and listen?

2 Likes

Do you buy everything you can afford? There are lots of things I can afford that I choose not to buy for various reasons.

If I really wanted Digital Deluxe, I could have afforded it. Heck, I could probably even afford to splurge for Ultimate if I really wanted to. But for various reasons, I chose to buy Standard edition.

We all have reasons for buying or not buying various things, and very often we choose not to buy things even if we can afford them.

1 Like

Screw everyone else. I paid for early access, I better get it. We all know about early access and have known about early access. EA has incentives so people will pre-order. That’s just how it works and how it has worked.

If not having an equal start bothers you that much. Go spend a little extra money like the rest of us who’s bought into the Pre-order for early access.

I’m not saying, add a bunch of P2W BS to the game. I’m saying the pre-order early access is nothing new and the first 1000 people to max level in HC isn’t something most people will be doing anyways.
I can almost guarantee most of these A-hats in here complaining about every single thing in this game that they can bring up as something they don’t agree with, will not even attempt the feat.
If you don’t like it, let your wallet speak for you. I’ll be willing to bet if you were seriously going to buy the game to begin with, you’ll eventually be playing no matter. The ones that are here just stirring shiz up to stir shiz up, were never going to buy it in the first place. This place is almost as bad as the Steam forums. I think half of you imbeciles posting all this whiney garbage are nothing but bots anyways. Either that or you’ve been handed trophies your whole life for doing absolutely nothing and think everyone should bend their knee to you and your opinion, because what else really matters to you?

To the rest of you… Have a good week! I’ll see you at early launch!

Here you go Irres
link to the discussion. He only asks this question.
…as If letting anyone keep their “Progress” was even a thought in anyone’s head(well there are some who thought it, somehow)

2 Likes

255.5K views, 98 Likes. This speaks to me…

…as do a few of the ratioes that follow swiftly. But, hey, Twitter - it’s a crazy place :grinning:

2 Likes

its a mistake and they know it

Any streamer/content creator/reviewer who has had full access to the release version of D4 before 02/06 isn’t eligible for any prize or award for D4 in game contests before season 1.
Sorted.

You aren’t racing for anything on launch there is no leaderboards until season 2. Relax have fun playing the game.

It is about selling early access.

1 Like