Solo Self Found mode is coming!

…to Diablo 3.

Hey D:IV devs, there is this company that produces this game called “Diablo 3”, maybe you can take notes from them…

Other notable things to take note from: they have a Public Test Realm (PTR) for the upcoming season & changes, along with thorough patch notes.

It’s almost like the 2 person intern team working on Diablo 3 is more passionate about their work.

22 Likes

S28 was fun, I’ll probably check out this last season as well while playing D4 at the same time.

5 Likes

Granted I haven’t read anything about this yet, but I’m curious what they mean by solo self found. Isn’t D3 already solo self found, aside from party mates?

D4 (and D2R) both could use a SSF mode, and open trade modes.

3 Likes

It is laid out in detail in this news article: Diablo III PTR 2.7.6 - Has Concluded - Diablo III

We decided to bring Solo Self Found to Diablo III after years of players requesting an officially supported single player mode. Without the experience bonus from being in a Party, or other players to protect your back as you carve through demonic legions, this mode will temper you. To celebrate the accomplishments of those brave enough to roll a character in this mode, we have also created specific Leaderboards for Solo Self Found. These Leaderboards function like those for other modes.

It is almost like the team working on Diablo 3 is mocking D:IV.

SSF & its own leaderboards?!

7 Likes

Yes, its SSF if you actually only play Solo. But you can trade any items you find with your party, so doing that would not be SSF.

2 Likes

This is freakin awesome. I forgot about the “solo” part of solo self found for a second there hah.
I will definitely be doing this. Hell yeah.

So basically what I do 90% of the time in D3. About the only time I would party would be to clear bounties faster, because who wants to clear 5 acts worth of bounties all by themselves?

3 Likes

Diablo 3 has never not been a solo-self found. Everything you find is account bound anyway

3 Likes

This is 100% incorrect.

Playing in groups offers a huge XP bonus, and of course, usually quicker clearing times. A four-man bounty team can clear everything much faster than a solo person.

Drops are tradable to party members for 2 hours, then they become account bound.

4 Likes

You can only assign a total of 800 Paragon Points to your character.

Wow, that’s pretty huge too. Will be interesting to play. Apparently pez said the altar of rites will come back and be permanent too.

Glad to hear about the new season… but what’s the difference between SSF and just starting a new seasonal character?

Solo Self Found Seasonal Character?

1 Like

I am really glad the Classic team did this, I just wish it was at least 5 years ago… People have been begging for it forever. Fans created their own SSF tracking and league.

It is good to finally have it… Great for players. I would not call doing something so much later “passionate” though. Or, maybe it is and now that the Classic team has the game they have more freedom than when it was a main game team?

No not at all.

• You can trade Rares and lower freely even without party gameplay. SSF disables that.
  • You can trade Legendary and higher with party members who were there for the kill. You have 2 hours to do it. SSF disables that.
  • All the gear, gold, resources are account bound, not char bound. Season is a fresh start, but season chars share. Looks like the account bound share between chars still functions in this new mode.

Open trade is not going to happen in D4 though. There are already enough issues with RMT to support keeping it removed, and even stopping gold trade if they want to drive away most of the RMT folks.

SSF sounds like a great idea though for any game like this once we have leaderboards.

No group games, no trading, no party for any game mode.

Demon slayers seeking to up the intensity of their journey through Sanctuary can try out the new Solo Self Found mode. In this mode, you’ll have only yourself to rely on to overcome the hordes from Hell. That’s right, it’s a single player experience. If you’d like to up the ante even more, a Hardcore version of this mode is available.

We decided to bring Solo Self Found to Diablo III after years of players requesting an officially supported single player mode. Without the experience bonus from being in a Party, or other players to protect your back as you carve through demonic legions, this mode will temper you. To celebrate the accomplishments of those brave enough to roll a character in this mode, we have also created specific Leaderboards for Solo Self Found. These Leaderboards function like those for other modes.

To create a character in Solo Self Found, select the Solo Hero option in the character creation screen. You’ll still be able to play the Campaign and Adventure Mode just as you would in other modes, but only the Private Game option will be available to use. Challenge Rifts can be completed with a Party while the mode is seasonal. Solo Self Found is a solitary journey, so you will be unable to start this mode while in a Party or access Multiplayer aspects of Diablo III, such as trading. Rebirthing is available for Solo Self Found.

The Season 29 Visions of Enmity theme and the other components of Patch 2.7.6 were designed with Solo Self Found in mind. We urge you to test it out and give us feedback about your experience.

D3 needs more game modes because the game is at the end of shelf life. D4 just started and it’s not dying yet… Oh wait…

1 Like

Right… but I mean that’s already built into D3, just don’t party with people or give yourself items, boom SSF. D3 literally has a single player option already.

I would understand SSF for D4, and I understand how it works in PoE, just seems pointless in D3 when the player has complete control over it anyway.

1 Like

Yes, but D3 does not currently have a mode in game that enforces it, or a leaderboard that lets people who select that mode to compete.

It will be a separate mode like Hardcore so that people know anyone they are competing with is playing by the same rules on the same new SSF Leaderboard.

Might be a fun new challenge for some.

3 Likes

Ah ok! So it’s more of a leader board thing. That makes sense then, I don’t care for leader board stuff so that’s why I didn’t think of that for D3.

1 Like

I always play SSF in all games. It’s just more fun for me. Even in D4… no special game feature required as I have enough self-discipline to stick to SSF no matter what :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anything found while in a party was shareable with the party for one hour. This included legendaries. The only things that couldn’t were stuff from gambling and bounties.

D3 is all self found. You don’t trade anything. Kinda like how d4 is now.

This thread makes zero sense