Solo Self Found mode is coming!

I am definitely going to play this season!

Tell me you’ve never played Diablo 3 without saying so.

Also, do you bother reading threads or clicking the news articles?

Your post makes no sense.

5 Likes

Rares aren’t relevant at all in D3 endgame.

Does the SSF mode also prevent you from using account wide currencies and does it have its own separate stash ?

All is clear now. The D3 team consists of those old school dudes that programmed games on a C64 or Atari back then. Prefered to smarten up on a comp instead of thrown Tequillas down the throat every weekend.

The D4 team is a politically manufactured construction with everything in it, but no real geeks and nerds.

1 Like

What are you expecting?
Do you think people who have been lying about playing games their whole lives
and working for a few months will know about such games?
It seems that every storm eventually subsides.

But is there not any kind of advantage you get for playing it? Maybe more XP, better drop chances or whatever? Is it really only a different leaderboard with restrictions on mechanics that solo players already weren’t using?

Here is the article with the PTR Patch notes preview. It is not final of course. It is harder because you don’t have any group bonuses. Some people prefer that though. Just like Hardcore is more difficult and a challenge some enjoy.

Demon slayers seeking to up the intensity of their journey through Sanctuary can try out the new Solo Self Found mode. In this mode, you’ll have only yourself to rely on to overcome the hordes from Hell. That’s right, it’s a single player experience. If you’d like to up the ante even more, a Hardcore version of this mode is available.

We decided to bring Solo Self Found to Diablo III after years of players requesting an officially supported single player mode. Without the experience bonus from being in a Party, or other players to protect your back as you carve through demonic legions, this mode will temper you. To celebrate the accomplishments of those brave enough to roll a character in this mode, we have also created specific Leaderboards for Solo Self Found. These Leaderboards function like those for other modes.

To create a character in Solo Self Found, select the Solo Hero option in the character creation screen. You’ll still be able to play the Campaign and Adventure Mode just as you would in other modes, but only the Private Game option will be available to use. Challenge Rifts can be completed with a Party while the mode is seasonal. Solo Self Found is a solitary journey, so you will be unable to start this mode while in a Party or access Multiplayer aspects of Diablo III, such as trading. Rebirthing is available for Solo Self Found.

The Season 29 Visions of Enmity theme and the other components of Patch 2.7.6 were designed with Solo Self Found in mind. We urge you to test it out and give us feedback about your experience.

1 Like

The best and only true way to play solo self found is…Offline. No lag. Oops There i go again having flash backs of the good ole days of gaming.

1 Like

I only play D3 Hardcore, because it’s just more fun to worry about death and try not to do it :slight_smile:

Which means I only plaid it solo. Being in a party for Hardcore, just means you’ll die for something someone else did…so it was only solo for me :slight_smile:

My S28 on the D3 leaderboard, Solo Hardcore Demon Hunter Marauder is ranked 151 out of 1,000. But being 151 out of a 1,000 is good right? (As I keep telling myself over and over).

The leaderboard is what makes the endgame really fun though, you get what is, essentially, a score. So you can keep working on getting a better score to show off on the leaderboard.

Getting better, gives you something to do :slight_smile: You can just keep working on that, once you have a goal to beat :slight_smile:

It gives you a reason to keep playing :slight_smile:

D4 really, badly needs a leaderboard.

I read a few weeks ago that it wouldn’t actually be around until season 3. That’ll be 2024 though :frowning_face:

Brooo, whoever hired these clowns to do dev work needs to find a new job, and so do the clowns they hired. If you haven’t seen yet, should check out a minute or two of this epic(-ally bad) video blizz published. It provides extreme clarity on how bad this dev team is:

3 Likes

Oh god i didnt even think of bounties… rofl. This whole season seems like a step down…

Your entire post is a step down to humanity. Do you bother reading stuff before commenting on it?

They are introducing SSF to the game. They are not eliminating other aspects of the game.

What a :clown_face: you are. Are you a D:IV dev?!

2 Likes

Its more than that you cant buy potions, elixirs, vendor items nothing you can only use what you pick up no selling or buying nada.

Yes, it’s a separate mode, just like Hardcore.

Not to worry, D4 will have SSF soon after D5 comes out!

Do you sell what you pick up at vendors how about use occultist, gem crafter? If so you aint playing SSF.

That is not how SSF mode works in most games. It means you can’t play with other players, or get anything from other players.

You can use the game mechanics that exist such as vendors, crafting systems, etc.

I mean, you MIGHT find someone who has invented a different definition of SSF that means you can’t even use the game mechanics…but that would be a pretty fringe definition of it.

You know what surprises (or not) me the most? Blizzard ALWAYS takes way too long to implement things that the community asks for, literally, for years! Wow, Diablo 3 is finally getting SSF, IN THE GAME’S LAST SEASON.

So is it offline as well? This solo mode?

I want to play offline I live in an area with crap internet.