Show. My. Class. Only

You’re a hopeless troll Tazzy.

3 Likes

This is one horse I’m going to beat into eternity since its flesh is unyielding: The UI is bad. Very bad. It’s convoluted, has a nested feel that makes me feel like they took the worst parts of Path of Exile’s UI and pasted them into Diablo 4, and they lack even basic contextual switching (spacebar to close open windows/panes) when I know they have that capability in-game since at least a couple other areas have context based functionality.

Some things appear to be oversight and other things make it seem like they went and pulled a VCR engineer thing where they put in the pieces but never actually used them to see how awful the experience really is. Chat is still clickable and I keep triggering it when I have to click that area of the screen. You have to be dead-on precise to click quest dialogue choices or else it closes the window because you clicked out of bounds. The map frequently forgets my zoom level and forces max zoom-in when in town even though I’m trying to look elsewhere on the map. The whole thing is just a frustrating mess. And I haven’t even gotten to the blatant use of dark patterns that is the original design for the battle pass activation/purchase button (especially on console). There is zero chance that was by accident since they clearly designed the cursor to default to that button every time you opened the seasonal window.

I’m also beginning to really dislike the tree of whispers, not only for its “let’s get caught on literally everything” walkway from the waypoint to the tree, but the fact I have to open the map, zoom all the way out and drag the map so I can see the tree’s waypoint to get to it. They’ve got a constantly available UI element showing the whisper progress - why can’t I click on that when finished to go to the Tree of Whispers waypoint?

To put it bluntly the UI feels like something you’d expect in an alpha, maybe early beta, not a finished product.

5 Likes

UI is literal Mobile Dev track marks. Simple. We Move~

1 Like

Is there any system whatsoever for looking up all the available aspects for your class? Not just the codex ones?

Since it’s such a critical part of designing a build, it’s not really facilitating custom builds if we have no means to even look up the available functionalities of our class. Forcing us to go look this up online on third-party sites is just another reason for players to give up and just pick whatever meta build they find listed

‘play your way’ just means fumble in the dark

Not sure why you’re saying that but please ignore me and we don’t have To interact at all. That would be best

Why? I want my class to be shown everywhere?

yeah man, it’s not like we’re interacting with this system hundreds/thousands of times over the course of a single season or anything.

who cares about a good user experience man? let’s add pointless extra clicks. why? because screw you (the royal you, this is not an insult), that’s why.

Actually, it’s really annoying. You’re just arguing to argue.

6 Likes

When you have a base game as stale as Diablo 4, it exacerbates every little QoL issue you come across.

2 Likes

Diablo four is a fine game.

I’m still gonna give another bump to this thread

Cause this is a nice/plausible request :slight_smile:

1 Like

The complaint is actually logical. We can no longer imprint for other characters, so why is the option there?

They also need to put the lock symbol on aspects that create an item our characters cannot equip. The number of times I’ve bricked an item because the imprint raised the level is absurd.

1 Like

I agree with this one complaint. The default should be imprints your class can use, and then if you wanted to look a the complete list, you can then choose to do so. I don’t even know why they would code it that way.

6 Likes

I thought that before there was a box on the upper L corner that we check. Unless I’m remembering incorrectly.

The worst part of this is why did they change it from a box to click to a drop down menu that takes extra steps? So they could add “seasonal”? Could they not just add a second box beside the first? There was more than enough room.

4 Likes

Stans gonna make you feel like you’re lazy, when it’s a valid complaint and the system is terrible. What’s the point of seeing other classes aspects.

Was just thinking this earlier. So annoying.

Such useless comment, guess this guy never got past lv24 and couldn’t enchant anything.

Absolutely agree, this would be a useful QoL upgrade.

1 Like

Console UI ported to PC.

PC players cannot have nice QoL in the UI because it has to work for everyone playing couch co-op too.

Even D:I has a better UI because mobile has touch screens and easy access to a keyboard.

All in all, QoL features that players have come to expect from a AAA PC will never manifest in D4 as long as it is a console first design.