Show. My. Class. Only

I shouldn’t have to check this every time for every item I’m trying to imprint. I shouldn’t have to check it AT ALL. Why is the default to show aspects that are literally useless to my character?! Why!

127 Likes

You poor thing.

1 Like

I find that portion of the user interface frustrating. When I am at the Crafter I want to see:

• The aspects that my class can use
  • The slots that aspect can go into. There is no default way to see that on the aspect!!! It does show the gear on your paperdoll as usable with the aspect once you select it, but that is NOT intuitive.

When I am on the main Collections tab I would want it to default to “all” so I can work on collecting them all and getting all the dungeons done.

44 Likes

Imagine if when running around and you decide to enter a cellar. You click on the cellar and it says “Are you sure you would like to enter this cellar?” every time. So often, that you have to click the little box 20-30 times a day. Yes, 1 little box you have to click can be very annoying when it’s completely unnecessary.

29 Likes

Do you honestly think this is good interface design or are you simply trolling? Don’t bother to answer, because I already know.

12 Likes

Wow…

It takes you more effort to complain on the forums then to press a button on your controller.

Entitled. Whiny. = You are EW

1 Like

I think they’re trying to imply you’re lazy.

4 Likes

Wait, I thought it did do that with the little icons across the top?

For those of you mocking the OP, it does feel like a legitimate gripe imo.

Are you not going to hit the “show my class only” button 99% of the time? It should probably be the default.

Little annoying things like this can add up. Should they be a priority? Probably not. But ideally you’d see little things like this pecked away at by the devs in each patch.

21 Likes

Everyone in this thread acting like User Interface design is not a real thing. We get it you love the game or don’t personally care. That doesn’t mean its not bad design.

16 Likes

It’s simply retarted, anyone defending this garbage doesn’t understand UI design.

12 Likes

Mocking people because they’re asking for more efficient QOL interface improvements really just makes you look like a troll.

16 Likes

I have not totally figured it out honestly! I think the icons are “defensive, offensive, etc”. But heck if I know. I just want to hover over the affix and see what I can put it on. The interface is NOT consistant at all in showing me that information. I don’t want to have to hunt around and guess. I just figured out yesterday that once I select an affix only the gear I can use it on is shown as “active”. That is not at all intuitive seeing as the gear slot is first on the crafting interface.

I am tired of picking an item and putting it in the box, going to the Codex and selecting an affix, then the item popping out of the box as not useable.

I realize I might just be stupid or under caffeinated, but it should not be tricky. It should be intuitive and it is not. At least to me.

Exactly. It is NOT high priority but it certainly makes the feature feel frustrating and unfinished. I like that I can use affixes as a crafting mat, and collect them in a codex. I don’t like the UI for doing the actual crafting right now.

8 Likes

Right - the icons of the aspects themselves are, but I think the codex shows little icons for what slot an aspect of each type can go in. I also think that extracted aspects list the slots they go in. But I agree that it would be helpful for the ones on an item to show it (before you extract you can use the preview to see it).

I’m surprised they don’t show it on hover in the codex, but if you click on the relevant category I think you can just see the slot icons at the top.

Tell them to make the Occultist a full on Kanai’s cube. He’s almost there, but not quite. Give him a drop down list of all the Aspects for your class that you’ve collected (extracted) in the Imprint tab, and if you want, a tab to see the aspects you’ve collected and imprinted of other classes you’ve played as well. This will free up Inventory space which is mostly Aspects of all different levels for applicable gear of differing levels

I can’t tell them anything. heh. Green text just means a player who answers basic questions, links support articles, explains policies, etc. Along with just chatting about whatever I want personally/feel like talking about. I can’t turn green off.

Posting here in this thread is how to make suggestions though! So if that is what you want, this is a great place to express that.

That’s cool. I have a feeling they are reading and paying attention pretty decently now.

Let’s put the thing you want to see 0.01% of the time as the default and the thing you want to see 99.99% of the time the thing taking extra steps.

1 Like

Ah, but for how long? Eventually you’ll press that button on the controller/mouse enough times that it cumulatively overtakes the effort of giving feedback on the forum. :grin:

Furthermore, this is assuming we only take into account the effort of one person. Multiply be the amount of players and it’s a much larger amount. Likewise, streamlining the process makes the process better for a lot of people.

What i also hate is on PC when you select the show my class option the dropdown menu stays open obscuring the view and you need to click off of it to close it

11 Likes