Shop prices increasing

Sadly the real men are outnumbered and the invaders are slowly taking over gaming as well… people would rather spam report a lil shi talk instead of joining in on the fun like we use to back in 360 days… but its worst because the people who spam report have straight up narcissistic traits that arent normal at all haha

They need to increase the prices to offset the loss from the player count dropping. A significant drop in player base requires an adjusted calculation for the pricing. Based on the new values, they figure out how to maximize the price by increasing it to the right amount based on how many players there are vs. how many will pay more for an item vs. not paying anything at all. Whatever results in the highest profit, is what they price the shop items at.

1 Like

go woke go broke is a saying i hear alot

Everyone keeps rewarding blizzard by buying cosmetics. Which also shows they don’t need to create better content because people will buy skins at the cost of the game. What is wrong with people?

Its like buying a car that barley runs and then paying the same price you paid for the car to paint it pink! The human race is lost…

3 Likes

and they will buy speakers and rims that outvalue the car. and the car will stop working and they dont care about the state of the car anymore because they invested so much in the “flashy” side of it

Nearly 70 replies, and no proof yet that any items have actually increased in price.

1 Like

“It WaS aLl KoTiCk’S gReEd! NoW tHaT hE’s GoNe, ThE cOmPaNy WiLl GeT iT’s SoUl BaCk!” - Said the shills in denial

Shop prices increased, that’s what happens at stores too. In other breaking news, water is wet.

Pretty sure nothing actually increased in price compared to what it started at. People are just being dramatic - perhaps justified…

It’s debatable if the average cost of new releases is now higher but that’s it that may have changed.

Not a double down, just relaying facts but you can challenge the university system and history all you want haha. This has nothing to do with a clothing store going out of business, or people buying groceries, this is an electronic sales platform that is being referred to with these numbers and clearly this is what we have seen in the past when platforms raise prices. Your choice to continue discussing or decide to research facts.

I damn sure won’t…The weird part is these cosmetics don’t even look good :man_facepalming: Why would I wanna spend $$$ on this trash

Hey, wallow in ignorance if you want to, Cringy. Basic economics applies to everyone.

Your 20 years of failed research doesn’t trump a hundred years of Keynesian practices. I did go to and graduate from college, 30 years ago. Explain why people don’t put on a sale during periods of high demand. Your contention says that they would if they only raise prices when there is no demand.

Its very simple, because of all of the fools who have been buying stuff at those rediculous prices since launch they know that they can squeeze even more out of people who can’t help themselves. Gotta get that bank!

This is literally taught in universities. It’s called the law of demand.

I admire your confidence in being wrong, though.

It’s not just the law of demand, it is paired with the law of supply, no?

Blizzard is the only supplier for their market, assuming they have the market cornered they can raise the prices as high as they want until they meet whatever profit margin they’re after from their dwindling playerbase. If Blizz thinks they can get away with hiking prices up, there’s no substitutes for players to buy from so they either pay up or don’t.

I assume Blizzard has done the math and decided their prices are the market equilibrium for D4.

It’s not as if having more players magically allows them to charge more, the “demand” will always be the amount people are willing to pay for a product.

1 Like

Check out mobile sales analytics over the past 2 decades, the trends show higher pricing with lower player populations.

Guys were having an Easter sale holiday event! Buy buy buy at new inflated just over normal regular price! :joy::joy::rofl:

Just want to note that no existing items have had price increases.

The product team though has been hearing the feedback and it may take a little bit but there will be some more discounted items available in the coming weeks/months and we have some changes to announce regarding some other items like the Portal Pack here soon.

19 Likes

hope so. only items i even care about are emotes. and seeing an accessory bundle that includes an emote for 1800 plat is a little absurd

2 Likes