Shop prices increasing

So over the last few days ive noticed MTX increasing in pricing across the board. Almost everything has gone up 100-400 Platinum.

I dont get it. I guess Ill stop buying things :confused:

Its almost like they are increasing pricing to get ready for a ā€œsaleā€ to reduce the prices back to the original price. (My tin foil hat)

18 Likes

It is called Rob Fergusonedā€¦ You see, the game came out a year too early, they marketed brilliantly, many old heads came running back. Promises that were not kept, think D3.

The sales are way down on the game, the game is coming to Game Pass ALREADY! Season 4, they are promising a complete overhaul ofā€¦ ummmmm what is most important in an ARPGā€¦ itemization.

What we have here is called DESPERATION.

Microsoft is not in the habit of bad gamblesā€¦ this has been one. The game will be pulled, due to low player count vs cost to keep running. What is this shelf life?

Greedā€¦ lets not forget a dash of greedā€¦

27 Likes

Itā€™s completely fine.

If there still are people around the world who are willing to pay money forā€¦ thisā€¦ you know, then Blizzard should shave them.

6 Likes

No its a sales tactic that companies use all the time. Its not isolated to one company or person.

Microsoft could want increase in sale numbers I guess.

Of course the game is going to be on gamepass. Its the reason microsoft is aquiring other studios. The games already old as dirt most games only see a 3-4 week sale cycle.

Playerbase will spike with each season and xpac like they all do.

2 Likes

Less people buying = higher pricing. At least from an analysis stand point, that is what we have seen for nearly 2 decades through mobile sales amongst numerous companies or developers.

2 Likes

Hes Captain Malignant Tunnel in these neck of the woods

1 Like

Ermm, explain this logic a bit more in details pls

Like, if you think you can sell more copies you increase the price, if demand still continues on even at higher price thatā€™s a ā€œjackpotā€ i.e. pure profit

On the other hand if demand is going downā€¦ Prices, go up regardless ? :person_shrugging: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve written about this a while ago. I donā€™t remember the exact discussion but I said that if Blizzard loses players (money) they will not see it as a wake up call and suddenly try to make the game better, theyā€™ll just increase pricing.

I know itā€™s not a galaxy brain take but yeah, it was expected. This is why the expansionā€™s price tag will be hilariously high. They will just increase the prices on everything to make up for their loses in revenue. Simple really.

Sure. People who want to play the game will buy it no matter the price. Someone who is willing to pay 100 euros for the base game is not suddenly not going to pay 70-100 euros for an expansion. People who bought D4 but are dissatisfied with the game will not buy the expansion even if itā€™s at a reasonable price. Thereā€™s no point in catering for those people. They are already irrelevant.

2 Likes

When you have a lower population of consumers on a platform, you need to ensure that the lower sales due to lower population still meets the target goals. Meaning if we had 100 people buy at $5 is 500. If you only have 10 people, then it will need to be $50 to meet the 500$ goal.

So raising prices means the lesser amount of people purchasing will make up for the diminished population due to an increased price.

Well then they might as well make it a few million a copy and who knows, a few/several ā€œpassionate foolsā€ pay and make the sales fit :smiley:

You see this all the time honestly, for anyone paying attention. Any major sporting event, holiday of some sort, etc. prices will slowly rise by about 10 to 20% then theyā€™ll have a ā€œsaleā€ reducing the prices back down to their original price before they started to hike them up.

Amazon does this all the time too. I have an add-on for my browser that shows the changes in prices of any given item on Amazon over a specific duration. Itā€™s helped me save a lot actually. You see a lot of price raising during the month before their big sales.

Wouldnā€™t surprise me if D4 was doing this for the April Sales coming up. They usually have some sort of spring sale in April.

1 Like

Spring Break fire sale. Since the game is global, it will be called something super hokey though like ā€œSeasons of Renewalā€ with a picture of a Succubus scantilly clad with flowers and a tubby dad-bob Druid.

2 Likes

Inflation, itā€™s going up everywhere and there is probably enough demand in the store to absorb it or they would not do it.

Apple TV decided to increase my yearly subscription cost from $69 to $99. A 43% increase. I cancelled it promptly. Now they get nothing from me hah hah hah hah. This is what you need to do (stop buying) in the cosmetics shop if you want to see a change. We shall see what the cosmetic shoppers, as a whole, decide to do!

And sure, around shopping events (black friday etc) they also increase prices in advance and then give you a discount to lure you in and it works! because most people donā€™t pay attention to what the regular prices are and have no concept of what the base line price really is.

1 Like
https://x.com/pezradar/status/1765207325458248080?s=46

i brought it up to adam fletcher, he swears it isnt happeningā€¦.

but i sure as heck have noticed a change

There is a sorc set now for 2800.

I just donā€™t think they are that great, some look pretty cool, but not pull my wallet out cool.

Given the detail they can obviously achieve, I want more than chrome plated skulls and feathers.

I want a full Disney firework display with a parade down Main Street on each shoulder, and a weapon that makes you want to kill stuff, just cus it looks so bloody incredible.

Then I may possibly take a closer look.

1 Like

I think a lot of them look ā€œpull-my-wallet-out-coolā€ just not when you need to pull out like over half the price of the actual game AT LEAST (getting a fullset with accessories and mount costs well over the price of the game lol). And itā€™s all locked to one class on top of it and youā€™re forced to buy ā€˜bundlesā€™ for extra value when you probably only want 1-2 items from the bundle. Love it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not surprised in the least that this dog fck game is increasing shop prices. These devs donā€™t know what they are doing, and they are ordered around by breast-milk stealing execs that donā€™t give a flying fck about any game whatsoever.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen any prices actually increase. Have they really?

What I did notice (perhaps subjectively) is that most of the sets they release recently tend to have higher prices on average.

When game launched there were quite a few basic ā€˜cheapā€™ sets costing around 1500 plat. Almost every set that comes out now is the ā€œprestegeā€ 2500+ type.

Also the presetege sets all seem to have a random number from 2200-2800. I wonder how do they even determine that.

Like they all do hahahahā€¦ D3 bad D4 bad, 30 bucks for one skin? Dammm ballers

1 Like